Jodi Arias Penalty

Oh wait a minute so there is no parole in AZ So..."LWOP"...no eligibility for parole. In prison until death.
"Death"...no eligibility for parole obviously. In prison until execution or other cause of death.
"Life without the possibility of release for 25 years"...no eligibility for parole even after 25 years, unless parole is reinstated in AZ. Currently, there is no parole system in AZ for crimes committed after 1993. In prison until death or until the law changes re: parole.

That's what I thought. ?? Confused.

I don't know how else to explain this. Basically no matter what the sentence there is no parole. However, if she were to get Life with the possibility she would have the option but only IF the law changes. At this point in time the law is that there is no parole option for these sentences.

Oh wait a minute so there is no parole in AZ So..."LWOP"...no eligibility for parole. In prison until death.
"Death"...no eligibility for parole obviously. In prison until execution or other cause of death.
"Life without the possibility of release for 25 years"...no eligibility for parole even after 25 years, unless parole is reinstated in AZ. Currently, there is no parole system in AZ for crimes committed after 1993. In prison until death or until the law changes re: parole.

That's what I thought. ?? Confused.

I don't know how else to explain this. Basically no matter what the sentence there is no parole. However, if she were to get Life with the possibility she would have the option but only IF the law changes. At this point in time the law is that there is no parole option for these sentences.
No I got it.

"If she had a chance, she would do amazing things".

Let's just think about that for a minute, shall we?

She had ample time and opportunity to do "amazing things" before she stabbed29times/shot/cutthroat and she waited tables... sometimes...she floundered around and lived with her grandparents... she spent some time getting her anal hole big enough to drive a semi thru. Didn't really see JoJo at the soup kitchen or down at the library tutoring "those people" that can't read. Not a lot of "amazing things" going on pre-murder and pre-Estrella.

Estrella is a magical, rainbow-sparkled kind of place where the overflowing inspiration converts the previously non-amazing into amazing do-gooding unicorn riders.

TINK! I can't thank you for that! I think I overthanked and my thanker crapped out!

Well according to that lawyer there is no option for parole in AZ at this time so unless the law changes if she gets life there's no parole option for her either way. Now if the law changes and she got life and not lwop then she would be able to try for it. But at this time no.

Interesting read about solitary Voices from Solitary: A Sentence Worse Than Death

The only thing about essays like that, that turns me off, is that fact that someone who already murdered someone then has the balls to have righteous indignation about someone else making judgements as "God".

You deserve an eternity in hell,” Onondaga County Supreme Court judge Kevin Mulroy told me from his bench as I stood before him for sentencing on July 10, 1987. Apparently he had the idea that God was not the only one qualified to make such judgment calls.

I'm not a death penalty proponent, but I am really not a murder proponent either. Maybe it is a terrific essay, and it doesn't sound like his murder was premeditated, but I just couldn't get past the first line of sanctimony in order to read the rest of it.

Oh thank God, my thanker's back!!

All you have to do is mention something on this forum and the forum fairies hear you and fix it up.

All you have to do is mention something on this forum and the forum fairies hear you and fix it up.

Sometimes, you can pass on the fairies and just refresh the page, I find. But I would never want to deny you your fair share of fairies...and unicorns...and headstands.

Well according to that lawyer there is no option for parole in AZ at this time so unless the law changes if she gets life there's no parole option for her either way. Now if the law changes and she got life and not lwop then she would be able to try for it. But at this time no.

Interesting read about solitary Voices from Solitary: A Sentence Worse Than Death

The only thing about essays like that, that turns me off, is that fact that someone who already murdered someone then has the balls to have righteous indignation about someone else making judgements as "God".

You deserve an eternity in hell,” Onondaga County Supreme Court judge Kevin Mulroy told me from his bench as I stood before him for sentencing on July 10, 1987. Apparently he had the idea that God was not the only one qualified to make such judgment calls.

I'm not a death penalty proponent, but I am really not a murder proponent either. Maybe it is a terrific essay, and it doesn't sound like his murder was premeditated, but I just couldn't get past the first line of sanctimony in order to read the rest of it.

I basically skimmed right past that part I was more interested in the experience of solitary. After that he went on to say that in his belief system at that time he had done something that he believed he should get death for too.

Last edited:
I'm certain solitary isn't pleasant and it may qualify as cruel and unusual punishment. I have heard other accounts of it basically driving people mad. On the other side of that, some people are placed in solitary because they are incredibly dangerous to other inmates. I don't know what the answer is.

I just got a phone call from a computer voice telling me my debit card had been suspended (a bank I don't use) and if I wanted to reactivate it I needed to enter my 16 digit account number.

Are people really this stupid?

Yeah, of course.

I get this call from a company telling me that I can upgrade my credit card because of my good credit [red flag right there]

I always wait to talk to them. They start asking me all kinds of questions and I lie my ass off. It turns it into fun.

"If she had a chance, she would do amazing things".

Let's just think about that for a minute, shall we?

She had ample time and opportunity to do "amazing things" before she stabbed29times/shot/cutthroat and she waited tables... sometimes...she floundered around and lived with her grandparents... she spent some time getting her anal hole big enough to drive a semi thru. Didn't really see JoJo at the soup kitchen or down at the library tutoring "those people" that can't read. Not a lot of "amazing things" going on pre-murder and pre-Estrella.

Estrella is a magical, rainbow-sparkled kind of place where the overflowing inspiration converts the previously non-amazing into amazing do-gooding unicorn riders.

Well, people do find bottoms in their lives and turn around where they do good. Unfortunately, in this circumstance, I just don't see that.

I'm certain solitary isn't pleasant and it may qualify as cruel and unusual punishment. I have heard other accounts of it basically driving people mad. On the other side of that, some people are placed in solitary because they are incredibly dangerous to other inmates. I don't know what the answer is.

Well said. Totally agree.

Donovan thinks Jodi is a genius, artistic, compassionate - did I say compassionate? Compassionate.

That pretty much tells us what Donovan's IQ is. :eusa_silenced:

Where did you find that? That was funny, but it was probably used as guide at some point.

Actually, it was used. LOL Sad thing is, it isn't much different than what is used today.

taken from, "Better for All the World: The Secret History of Forced Sterilization and America's Quest for Racial Purity", Harry Bruinius, ©2006, 2007

Sometimes, you can pass on the fairies and just refresh the page, I find. But I would never want to deny you your fair share of fairies...and unicorns...and headstands.

It's OK to imagine things, but it's entirely something else when you act upon it. :eusa_angel:

The answer is: DAMNED IF YOU DO, DAMNED IF YOU DON'T.

If she's put in solitary, someone will raise allmightyhell about how cruel and unusual it is. Contradictory to that, would the same person say the same about the cruel and unusual death she gave to Travis? (I rest my point on that. It's a wild merry-go-round.)

Forum List

Back