Jodi Arias Penalty

I just did not like the tactic today. First the Judge denies the motion for mistrial. Then Nurmi requests to be relieved due to ineffectiveness. Judge denies. So the defense pretty much throws a fit like a toddler and says they have no witnesses. Then wants a higher judge to look at mistrial request. To me it looks like the defense team is trying to make this a mistrial.

Well the good thing about that is that it's unlikely she'll get an appeal for ineffective assistance of counsel. They tried everything.

I understand. I just don't like seeing all this waist.

Okay, It's worth going back and listening to the Juan part of part 1.

In a nutshell:
She pleaded the 5th on the drugs, photographs of her and JoJo, she faces "prosecution" for not reporting income from photographs and drug charges. So they assigned her an attorney to assist in whether she should shut up or not. lol He said he couldn't make a decision until Monday (today) and that she would have heeded his advice to plead the 5th and wouldn't have testified because of possible charges.

So, mistrial on the back of "threats" is total utter hogwash and paint thrown against the wall.

Nice try Nurmi. Let's get to the needle part now.
Why would she already have needed to file income on those images it's a new year.

About filing income, I believe she is collecting welfare money and she needs to report whenever she receives any other money. They will then take that into account when issuing a subsequent check. It's ongoing, not only done at the end of the year. I don't think JM was referring to income tax reporting, but income reporting to the authorities.

Oh...so she was only pleading the 5th to certain things? Not everything in general. To me it didnt look like Juan could ask anything and she basically walked out with nurmi and wilmott and that was it.

That could be. We don't really know the sequence of events.

She didn't answer some specific questions, according to JM (that he detailed) then wanted to take a break...left the room , (as did Nurmi and wilmott) but they all returned....JM said he asked the questions again, and she took the 5th....his position was, once you take the 5th you are precluded from testifying (that is what he said, not sure on the legality there)

Makes sense that she would be unable to testify after pleading 5th in deposition. This prevents her from ranting on and on and then on cross she pleads the 5th...thats not how its supposed to work.

Okay, It's worth going back and listening to the Juan part of part 1.

In a nutshell:
She pleaded the 5th on the drugs, photographs of her and JoJo, she faces "prosecution" for not reporting income from photographs and drug charges. So they assigned her an attorney to assist in whether she should shut up or not. lol He said he couldn't make a decision until Monday (today) and that she would have heeded his advice to plead the 5th and wouldn't have testified because of possible charges.

So, mistrial on the back of "threats" is total utter hogwash and paint thrown against the wall.

Nice try Nurmi. Let's get to the needle part now.
Why would she already have needed to file income on those images it's a new year.

About filing income, I believe she is collecting welfare money and she needs to report whenever she receives any other money. They will then take that into account when issuing a subsequent check. It's ongoing, not only done at the end of the year. I don't think JM was referring to income tax reporting, but income reporting to the authorities.

Interesting, I did not know that. The media pays a good chunk of change for exclusive images, or they use the images as a reason to pay for an interview.

No appeal for failure to allocute...so she'll go ahead with that!

VIV has a cool Nick pic....Boston Strong....can I rep that? I have no rep anything...lol.

It would give her a smig. 25 why don't you go to some of the threads ans post your hi's and who you are. People will give you rep because you are new.

Havnt had much of a chance today....I did spend some time in the Tornado thread. I guess I do need to get around and say Hi.:bye1:

(These emoticons are fresh!)

I don't think anyone should be threatening or harassing anyone, anywhere. I've said that before. But Arias has had a fair trial IMO. Not winning doesn't equal unfair. They still had Brewer in the wings and the entire family was sitting in the court. How much impact was this one woman going to have on the outcome?

Last edited:
Right, I don't believe Brewer back out.

I don't think what I read could actually be considered a threat, legally.....but it was written in a creepy, give any parent pause, kind of way.....the site also said there were others, but didn't produce those ---so grainS of salt there!

Darrly's an odd duck IMO---I suspect he wouldn't back out no matter what!

i think he still loves her.

TW,

Did you get a chance to see today's Brewer interview? He's more than a little creepy, I thought.

Also, he contradicted his testimony and now claims he did NOT know she was headed to Mesa.

TW,

Did you get a chance to see today's Brewer interview? He's more than a little creepy, I thought.

I started for a couple of minutes, but I'm tired and he spoke his esses and consonants like Arias, and I didn't have the patience for it. He reminded me of her, in some ways. I was surprised at how old he was. Not that I have a problem with it, I just wasn't expecting it.

I just repped him, but it doesn't count for much.

Yeah both you 2 neew the big guns to rep you both. I got a few 7000 people reping me today.
Try both these threads. This is were I got my reps.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/213874-the-tavern-1868.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/115980-the-usmb-coffee-shop-4928.html

I'm going to need an extended sabbatical from forum posting when this trial is over.

Also, what about the gall of sister Angela wearing one of Arias' SURVIVOR t-shirts? Disgusting! Seems like this family is completely tactless, with the smirking and disrespect, now this. Whatever the plan is regarding appeal issues or whatever, the family is in on it too. That's why they are not testifying on her behalf, IMO. Something is UP!

Also, what about the gall of sister Angela wearing one of Arias' SURVIVOR t-shirts? Disgusting! Seems like this family is completely tactless, with the smirking and disrespect, now this. Whatever the plan is regarding appeal issues or whatever, the family is in on it too. That's why they are not testifying on her behalf, IMO. Something is UP!

Well if the jury is following admonitions then they should have no clue what it means anyway. Maybe they think she likes the reality program and doesn't know how to dress for court. That womans shelter made her take down their name from the site in re those shirts.

I still cant believe none of her family is getting up. That is going to completely perplex the jurors, I think. It would me.

Forum List

Back