Jodi Arias Penalty

And what about all her tweets about the prosecution? If you ask me, all of the threats are coming from her camp! That is just my opinion! So now what?

Why would her camp threaten her own witness'? The people on the state v facebook have admitted to going after donovan. I put nothing past the crazy public out there. And Tenisha got in trouble earlier in the trial for things she was doing on facebook and then made her fb private

That's there job, it's what they are suppose to do!

And if Womack going even a small taste of what was done to ALV (via internet, phone, stalking etc)....then it IS witness intimidation, IMO!

I agree. I don't blame the defense or Jodi for this delay. But if she's not calling witness' can someone tell me why she couldn't testify today?

That's there job, it's what they are suppose to do!

And if Womack going even a small taste of what was done to ALV (via internet, phone, stalking etc)....then it IS witness intimidation, IMO!

I agree. I don't blame the defense or Jodi for this delay. But if she's not calling witness' can someone tell me why she couldn't testify today?

They want to go to a higher judge to rule on mistrial.

taverngoldcrown.jpg

I just won this in the tavern.

So this is what happens when you waste the entire day on the trial. You only finish work now. I'm glad tomorrow will be the last day. At least I hope so.

I have to listen to the youtube you posted.

But why not let these mitigation witnesses testify to the jury and judge in closed session? They are the ones who need to hear this to make their decision. I wanted to see it and all, but why not just get it in private? Let Travis' family and only the pertinent players hear it and do not broadcast it. This makes no sense whatsoever. The Judge should have forced the issue.

Why did Nurmi want this heard in open court? To grandstand? I call FOUL!

Having it sealed does nothing about the death threats. The witness was getting death threats already because she was going to testify.

I have to listen to the youtube you posted.

But why not let these mitigation witnesses testify to the jury and judge in closed session? They are the ones who need to hear this to make their decision. I wanted to see it and all, but why not just get it in private? Let Travis' family and only the pertinent players hear it and do not broadcast it. This makes no sense whatsoever. The Judge should have forced the issue.

Why did Nurmi want this heard in open court? To grandstand? I call FOUL!

Having it sealed does nothing about the death threats. The witness was getting death threats already because she was going to testify.

What else can the court do? Even if there is a mistrial, and let's say she really isn't testifying because of death threats, then what will be different for this witness in a new trial? It's not as if the death threats will be any less menacing.

Okay, It's worth going back and listening to the Juan part of part 1.

In a nutshell:
She pleaded the 5th on the drugs, photographs of her and JoJo, she faces "prosecution" for not reporting income from photographs and drug charges. So they assigned her an attorney to assist in whether she should shut up or not. lol He said he couldn't make a decision until Monday (today) and that she would have heeded his advice to plead the 5th and wouldn't have testified because of possible charges.

So, mistrial on the back of "threats" is total utter hogwash and paint thrown against the wall.

Nice try Nurmi. Let's get to the needle part now.
Why would she already have needed to file income on those images it's a new year.

I don't know if you guys saw when I said this the other night or if it was after the move. I read that 66% of death penalty convictions are overturned or commuted on appeal. I found stuff to verify that one. But I also read its 80% in AZ whoever I can't find stuff to verify that one.

I don't want to get beaten up, but I'm not death penalty proponent for many reasons previously stated.

#pleasedon'tbeatmeup
#please

Totally understandable...especially after I looked into the Debra Milke case. That lady should not be on death row and neither should the guy who was there and didnt pull the trigger. In this case...the jury in AZ sentenced all three to death and Debra wasnt even at the scene....one guy pulled the trigger and the other guy drove the vehicle.

Debra is finally getting a new trial just now after 20 plus years on DR.

PS...sorry to get off subject...just now catching up on the convos. Holy cow...44 pages? Im only on 24...lol.

Last edited:
Maybe Nurmi could privately ask the court for protection until the person is arrested?

Okay, It's worth going back and listening to the Juan part of part 1.

In a nutshell:
She pleaded the 5th on the drugs, photographs of her and JoJo, she faces "prosecution" for not reporting income from photographs and drug charges. So they assigned her an attorney to assist in whether she should shut up or not. lol He said he couldn't make a decision until Monday (today) and that she would have heeded his advice to plead the 5th and wouldn't have testified because of possible charges.

So, mistrial on the back of "threats" is total utter hogwash and paint thrown against the wall.

Nice try Nurmi. Let's get to the needle part now.
Why would she already have needed to file income on those images it's a new year.

I didn't understand that either Tink, if they were perhaps talking about the images on NG. Maybe this is about something else? Could she have been involved in the sale of Arias's images before that?

I don't know if you guys saw when I said this the other night or if it was after the move. I read that 66% of death penalty convictions are overturned or commuted on appeal. I found stuff to verify that one. But I also read its 80% in AZ whoever I can't find stuff to verify that one.

I don't want to get beaten up, but I'm not death penalty proponent for many reasons previously stated.

#pleasedon'tbeatmeup
#please

Totally understandable...especially after I looked into the Debra Milke case. That lady should not be on death row and neither should the guy who was there and didnt pull the trigger. In this case...the jury in AZ sentenced all three to death and Debra wasnt even at the scene....one guy pulled the trigger and the other guy drove the vehicle.

Debra is finally getting a new trial just now after 20 plus years on DR.

PS...sorry to get off subject...just now catching up on the convos. Holy cow...44 pages? Im only on 24...lol.

I told you I wasted too much time. Now I have headache, blah, and would like to fall asleep, but am keyed up from working.

I just did not like the tactic today. First the Judge denies the motion for mistrial. Then Nurmi requests to be relieved due to ineffectiveness. Judge denies. So the defense pretty much throws a fit like a toddler and says they have no witnesses. Then wants a higher judge to look at mistrial request. To me it looks like the defense team is trying to make this a mistrial.

I just did not like the tactic today. First the Judge denies the motion for mistrial. Then Nurmi requests to be relieved due to ineffectiveness. Judge denies. So the defense pretty much throws a fit like a toddler and says they have no witnesses. Then wants a higher judge to look at mistrial request. To me it looks like the defense team is trying to make this a mistrial.

Well the good thing about that is that it's unlikely she'll get an appeal for ineffective assistance of counsel. They tried everything.

Forum List

Back