Joe Biden told us there will be a food shortage in the fall, but offered no plans to get more food produced

Just giving a little context to your figure. Sort of hard to feel sorry for an industry that brings homes 100 million in profit daily.
Are you claiming that American farmers make $100 million every day?

I dont think you can support that claim

This from the party who bitches about SNAP benefits for poor kids.

If there is a food shortage hopefully you assholes will also feel the pain real, real good.

Karma is a real bitch.
We are moving on to Village ways of living. About benefits for poor kids, how the hell does a nation have a war on poverty for near 60 years and still have poverty, and people going to be hungry? The Progs have been lying to you and us all.

Are you claiming that American farmers make $100 million every day?

I dont think you can support that claim

See post 20. Or maybe next time read the thread so you do not look like a moron

There will be shortages of some foods, but it won't be life threatening. How did your parents get through rationing during WW2 without all this whining and hysteria?
So, um...are we in a World War?

Just giving a little context to your figure. Sort of hard to feel sorry for an industry that brings homes 100 million in profit daily.
A little honesty from the democrats while they rile up their minions would be nice.
Put it in context for the people. Most don't understand that the oil companies aren't gouging.
And, the democrat politicians know it, they are just flaming for their base. Just another
game being played.

A little honesty from the democrats while they rile up their minions would be nice.
Funny, I mostly see a bunch of carckling, apoplectic right wingers blaming the US Predient for global oil prices and food prices. So maybe go gift your advice to the righties first. They are making g the same error, and then compounding it by blaming the President. Good luck. Your work is cut out for you.

What is the Biden plan to address the food short THAT HE SAID IS COMING.

JOE BIDEN FUCKIN SAID IT…SO WHAT IS THE PLAN?

There is the link….so we can skip all the bullshit….he said it.

So what is the plan? Cult members, post a link to the Biden plan to overcoming the impending food shortage.

Funny, I mostly see a bunch of carckling, apoplectic right wingers blaming the US Predient for global oil prices and food prices. So maybe go gift your advice to the righties first. They are making g the same error, and then compounding it by blaming the President. Good luck. Your work is cut out for you.
Tell Brandon to open up ANWR first, and stop with the high lease fees, lets see what happens after that.
Your work is certainly cut out for you.

Tell Brandon to open up ANWR first, and stop with the high lease fees, lets see what happens after that.
Your work is certainly cut out for you.
Why? Please explain to us how future land rights I 10 years (even more years until actual wells exist on the lands) will help now.when oil companies are not even Producing to full capacity with the wells that they have operating.

Or get that horseshit partisan spoonfed talking point out of here.

Why? Please explain to us how future land rights I 10 years (even more years until actual wells exist on the lands) will help now.when oil companies are not even Producing to full capacity with the wells that they have operating.

Or get that horseshit partisan spoonfed talking point out of here.
Okay, lower the lease fees, these companies aren't stupid, and we'll begin there.
Remember, your tent wants to punish the oil companies, not make it easy for them.
Who's being spoonfed??? hmmm?

Last edited:
Are our farms and processing centers at full capacity?

I dont understand how we cant make sure we have more food in “the fall” if we know its coming.

Stop exports of food. Grow more shit.

Are we still paying farmers NOT to grow? If so, it should stop and we should tell them to grow more shit.

Doesnt this seem reasonable? Just pearl clutching is not going to get it done.
It sounds easy but in reality it's a whole lot more complicated than you imagine.

Try building or expanding an existing meat processing plant. It will probably take you at least 10 years just to get through the environmental impact paperwork.

How about more pig, poultry and beef cattle operations? You're going to need several million dollars just to get a small farm started and then you have to find a processor to take your stock.

You will also have to try feeding that stock to market size with skyrocketing commodities (feed( prices you can't even predict from month to month.

How about opening more mom and pop butcher shops? Same problem plus finding actual qualified butchers is hard as hell these days and if you do you're going to pay a real premium to hire them.

We won't be going hungry for a lack of food in the US but we may find ourselves with fewer choices and almost certainly much higher prices at the store.

There will be shortages of some foods, but it won't be life threatening. How did your parents get through rationing during WW2 without all this whining and hysteria?
There was no shortage of food in the US during WWII not skyrocketing prices either. Some items were limited due to rationing making sure we could produce enough of what was needed for both our forces and many of our allies.

Without the US providing food to the UK and Russia a hell of a lot of Brits and Russians would have starved to death.

It sounds easy but in reality it's a whole lot more complicated than you imagine.

Try building or expanding an existing meat processing plant. It will probably take you at least 10 years just to get through the environmental impact paperwork.

How about more pig, poultry and beef cattle operations? You're going to need several million dollars just to get a small farm started and then you have to find a processor to take your stock.

You will also have to try feeding that stock to market size with skyrocketing commodities (feed( prices you can't even predict from month to month.

How about opening more mom and pop butcher shops? Same problem plus finding actual qualified butchers is hard as hell these days and if you do you're going to pay a real premium to hire them.

We won't be going hungry for a lack of food in the US but we may find ourselves with fewer choices and almost certainly much higher prices at the store.

I appreciate that post and I do get what you are saying.

At a minimum, we should stop exporting if we cant feed ourselves. We can cerainly stop paying farmers not to grow.

These seem easy. I am not suggesting the only solution is to build a bunch of meat packing facilities in 6 months.

Biden has not told us what the plan is at all.

NOTHING.

Forum List

Back