Joe Biden’s niece dodges jail after $100K credit card scam

Deals get cut all the time. Most of the time that's how it works out. Laura Bush killed a kid - and walked. That's life in the big city.

Laura Bush didn't kill anybody. That's leftist urban legend. Ted Kennedy did kill somebody and had a very successful career as a politician.
The hell she didn't. She killed a high school boy when she was a high school girl.
was she famous at the time?
Nope. Just somebody's daughter, like Biden's niece.
get your point but biden is a bit famous. was laura in a well to do famous family qt the time?

as for her getting away with things, meh. happens all the time but im just curious if the comparison is apples to apples in rich famous,kids daughter.

The wild-child niece of former Veep Joe Biden stole more than $100,000 in a credit card scam — and quietly cut a plea deal in Manhattan court that spares her any jail time, The Post has learned.

Using a borrowed credit card, the blonde Caroline Biden set up an unauthorized customer account at Bigelow Pharmacy on Sixth Avenue in Greenwich Village, and racked up the six-figure bill over the course of a year, according to a criminal complaint that does not name the victim card owner.

As part of a plea deal before Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Kevin McGrath, Biden, 29, pleaded guilty to one charge of grand larceny and another of petit larceny and agreed to make restitution of $110,810.04.

https://nypost.com/2017/06/09/joe-bidens-niece-dodges-jail-after-100k-credit-card-scam/

I understand there are perks to being a government official. But why are those perks now extended to family?

Okay, so any one of us on USMB involves themselves with identity theft, steals over 100K, would we expect to get a slap on the hand and just go home?

As this article points out, this isn't her first run-in with the law. The last time she ran into trouble, she threatened the police by asking them if they knew who she was and what ramifications might be in store for them. Again, she got a break that most of us would never get.

She has the makings of a career politician.

Deals get cut all the time. Most of the time that's how it works out. Laura Bush killed a kid - and walked. That's life in the big city.

Laura Bush didn't kill anybody. That's leftist urban legend. Ted Kennedy did kill somebody and had a very successful career as a politician.
The hell she didn't. She killed a high school boy when she was a high school girl.
Was it an accident or intentional?

Laura Bush's Fatal Accident

There are those who want to believe the future First Lady deliberately and with malice aforethought murdered her (ex-)boyfriend over some now forgotten teen tiff and who point to what they view as the suspicious circumstances of the accident and the subsequent lack of prosecution as proofs of their supposition. Yet to entertain such a hypothesis is to believe the young woman would have attempted to kill another by doing away with herself. (As the driver of what was intended to be a murder weapon, she would have had no reason to believe she would survive a collision severe enough to be fatal to her prey — that events turned out that way doesn’t mean that outcome could have been reasonably foreseen.)

accident w speculation. not a direct comparison but i was nudging him there.

Doesn't really matter. I used it as an example that if one could walk away from killing someone it's hardly shocking that one can walk away from credit card fraud. Trump payed off 25 million for fraud and hit the links this weekend.

That's laughable. He left her to die when he could have saved her. There is ample forensic evidence hat shows she was alive for a long enough time that had he not been a complete asshole she would have survived.
She might have lived for a bit, or floated up into the air pocket, but he wasn't there. It makes perfect sense while the story as told makes no sense at all starting with the fact that she was dead (unable to save herself?) and he was completely unharmed? Bullshit. She didn't know the roads, hit the water, and killed herself. That's the only version that does make sense.

Of course he wasn't there. After driving off into the water the prick swam away and hightailed it.
He wasn't there at all, and no one could ever place him there. She died alone and she was driving. That version does make sense and no other version does.

There were loads of witnesses that showed she left with him. And then of course there is HIS OWN TESTIMONY which you conveniently ignore.

"According to Kennedy's own testimony, he accidentally drove his car off the one-lane bridge and into a tidal channel. He swam free, left the scene, and did not report the accident to authorities for ten hours. Meanwhile, Kopechne had died by drowning in the vehicle that was submerged underwater. The next day, Kopechne's body and the car were both recovered by divers. Kennedy pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of a crash causing personal injury; he later received a two-month suspended jail sentence."

Chappaquiddick incident - Wikipedia
I know the story. They went off together and that's the very last time they were ever seen together or she was seen alive. Now, explain this, they're both are in a car accident, he's perfectly fine but she is perfectly dead? He's sober enough to drive a car but not sober enough to pull a girl out of a car? B fucking S. He wasn't even there. Maybe he's passed out on the beach after sex, I always crash, and she's cold and wants to get home so, off she goes only she doesn't know the roads, it's dark, she's ripped, and fucks up. That makes sense but the story as told, is bullshit.

He walked right past his car and her dead body. He didn't even know it was there. Guilt explains the delay in reporting and everything else.

My Lord, what an imagination. Now tell us how George bush orchestrated 911.

She might have lived for a bit, or floated up into the air pocket, but he wasn't there. It makes perfect sense while the story as told makes no sense at all starting with the fact that she was dead (unable to save herself?) and he was completely unharmed? Bullshit. She didn't know the roads, hit the water, and killed herself. That's the only version that does make sense.

Of course he wasn't there. After driving off into the water the prick swam away and hightailed it.
He wasn't there at all, and no one could ever place him there. She died alone and she was driving. That version does make sense and no other version does.

There were loads of witnesses that showed she left with him. And then of course there is HIS OWN TESTIMONY which you conveniently ignore.

"According to Kennedy's own testimony, he accidentally drove his car off the one-lane bridge and into a tidal channel. He swam free, left the scene, and did not report the accident to authorities for ten hours. Meanwhile, Kopechne had died by drowning in the vehicle that was submerged underwater. The next day, Kopechne's body and the car were both recovered by divers. Kennedy pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of a crash causing personal injury; he later received a two-month suspended jail sentence."

Chappaquiddick incident - Wikipedia
I know the story. They went off together and that's the very last time they were ever seen together or she was seen alive. Now, explain this, they're both are in a car accident, he's perfectly fine but she is perfectly dead? He's sober enough to drive a car but not sober enough to pull a girl out of a car? B fucking S. He wasn't even there. Maybe he's passed out on the beach after sex, I always crash, and she's cold and wants to get home so, off she goes only she doesn't know the roads, it's dark, she's ripped, and fucks up. That makes sense but the story as told, is bullshit.

He walked right past his car and her dead body. He didn't even know it was there. Guilt explains the delay in reporting and everything else.

My Lord, what an imagination. Now tell us how George bush orchestrated 911.
I am using my imagination, and a little fucking common sense. She dies but he doesn't have a scratch? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Doesn't really matter. I used it as an example that if one could walk away from killing someone it's hardly shocking that one can walk away from credit card fraud. Trump payed off 25 million for fraud and hit the links this weekend.
Even Snopes calls you on your moral relativism. In the case of Bush it was a young girl in a tragic accident, no charges filed. In the other the young girl gets caught intentionally stealing, I do not see how you equate the two other then to try and make an excuse for Biden's niece. In my opinion, they both got justice. But I am thinking if a black man robbed a bank of 10 grand he sees jail time.

Even Snopes calls you on your moral relativism. In the case of Bush it was a young girl in a tragic accident, no charges filed. In the other the young girl gets caught intentionally stealing, I do not see how you equate the two other then to try and make an excuse for Biden's niece. In my opinion, they both got justice. But I am thinking if a black man robbed a bank of 10 grand he sees jail time.
Okay, simplify. Trump defrauded people, intentionally. Should he be - in jail?

The wild-child niece of former Veep Joe Biden stole more than $100,000 in a credit card scam — and quietly cut a plea deal in Manhattan court that spares her any jail time, The Post has learned.

Using a borrowed credit card, the blonde Caroline Biden set up an unauthorized customer account at Bigelow Pharmacy on Sixth Avenue in Greenwich Village, and racked up the six-figure bill over the course of a year, according to a criminal complaint that does not name the victim card owner.

As part of a plea deal before Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Kevin McGrath, Biden, 29, pleaded guilty to one charge of grand larceny and another of petit larceny and agreed to make restitution of $110,810.04.

https://nypost.com/2017/06/09/joe-bidens-niece-dodges-jail-after-100k-credit-card-scam/

I understand there are perks to being a government official. But why are those perks now extended to family?

Okay, so any one of us on USMB involves themselves with identity theft, steals over 100K, would we expect to get a slap on the hand and just go home?

As this article points out, this isn't her first run-in with the law. The last time she ran into trouble, she threatened the police by asking them if they knew who she was and what ramifications might be in store for them. Again, she got a break that most of us would never get.
I think identity thieves should be executed. When I hear what their victims go through.

Or better yet. You become your victims slave. You want to steal someone's identity? Now that person owns you

I couldn't agree more. After all, the only way to minimize crime is a strong enough deterrent. Death is about the strongest.

So, according to YOUR logic, just because Laura was an Illuminati puppet with favored status justifies Joe "The Jesuit" Biden's daughter's complete immunity from the "just-us" system?????????

Can't argue with fucked up logic like that.....carrry on.
It's his niece, and deals are cut. If you can kill someone and get away with it society will survive some credit card fraud.

Credit card fraud is no accident. It's done on purpose for selfish reasons.

Rules for thee but not for me........
I do wonder what she was buying? I mean 9k a month at a damn drugstore? That don't add up.

I'm guessing that they just issued the card. It was a standard credit card that could be used anywhere.

She was a kid with no political connections that got into a deadly traffic accident that happens every day in this country. The lying liberal urban legend is that she deliberately killed her supposed boyfriend..

It was an accident, and she was a nobody. Biden's niece is, a nobody. A credit card scam versus killing a kid? And they both walk. BFD.

She didn't kill anybody. He died in an accident. Furthermore she had no connections at the time even if there was suspicious circumstances.

She was a kid with no political connections that got into a deadly traffic accident that happens every day in this country. The lying liberal urban legend is that she deliberately killed her supposed boyfriend..

It was an accident, and she was a nobody. Biden's niece is, a nobody. A credit card scam versus killing a kid? And they both walk. BFD.

She didn't kill anybody. He died in an accident. Furthermore she had no connections at the time even if there was suspicious circumstances.
She was driving the car that killed him. Accident or no, she killed him.

So, according to YOUR logic, just because Laura was an Illuminati puppet with favored status justifies Joe "The Jesuit" Biden's daughter's complete immunity from the "just-us" system?????????

Can't argue with fucked up logic like that.....carrry on.
It's his niece, and deals are cut. If you can kill someone and get away with it society will survive some credit card fraud.

Credit card fraud is no accident. It's done on purpose for selfish reasons.
Trump's fraud was no accident and he's still a free man.

Schadenfreude is not a virtue, and anyone who finds this post anything but is an asshole.

Forum List

Back