Joe Manchin: NRA Is Lying And Has ‘Lost Its Way’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
joe-manchin-04-09-13-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) shot back at a National Rifle Association ad in which the gun industry lobby slammed him for being on the same side as President Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on background checks for gun purchases.

"Unfortunately, the NRA leadership in Washington has lost its way and is more concerned about political power than gun rights and gun safety," he said. "I am the same proud gun owner and NRA member that I have always been and I believe that criminal and mental background checks are a commonsense approach to protect our neighbors and children without infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights. I think most NRA members agree with me."

More: Joe Manchin: NRA Is Lying And Has 'Lost Its Way' | TPM LiveWire, by SAHIL KAPUR

Aside from the stated reasons, why would the NRA attack Manchin? He's an avid hunter and gun enthusiast. Unreasonable attacks like this will backfire - even in West Virginia.

Besides, the Manchin-Toomey Background Check Bill: S-649 was too watered down. Hopefully, the next bill won't be.

I was an NRA member for many years - until it became a radical organ of the gun industry.

The dying desperate effort by the irrelevant democrat party to deflect attention from the administration scandals. ho-hum

Appearing on CBS News' Face the Nation on April 14, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Newtown families have told him they know the bill he and Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) have crafted would not have prevented the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary.

-Geaux

Lmao Lakhota. Don't you ever stop being stupid for one day? Joe accuses the NRA of lying, but is a member of a party who defends government spying, obfuscation on foreign issues, and blatant targeting of reporters and conservative political groups by rogue branches of the government!

Looks like the lairs (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose, since its going around USMB) are in Washington, Lakhota.

So he doesn't want to regulate guns?

Oh wait. He does? Then they aren't lying and they need to oppose him.

So he doesn't want to regulate guns?

Oh wait. He does? Then they aren't lying and they need to oppose him.

From the OP...

"Unfortunately, the NRA leadership in Washington has lost its way and is more concerned about political power than gun rights and gun safety," he said. "I am the same proud gun owner and NRA member that I have always been and I believe that criminal and mental background checks are a commonsense approach to protect our neighbors and children without infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights. I think most NRA members agree with me."

And yet that's not what his bill does. Shocking that he lies isnt it?

Appearing on CBS News' Face the Nation on April 14, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Newtown families have told him they know the bill he and Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) have crafted would not have prevented the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary.

-Geaux

Then why are the Newtown families still fighting?

Gun control fight not over, Newtown families vow as anniversary nears - CSMonitor.com

Not all of them are, and some wish to not be a part of that debate. Some are only lobbying for the proposed amendment in CT to block the release of images from the crime scene and autopsy photos. The media only tells you about the ones that are for gun control as that has been part of their "impartial" (sarcasm) view in the debate, the rest just wish to be left the hell alone.

The Newtown shooting happened in Connecticut. Why would the residents of Newtown want a senator from West Virginia to represent their alleged problem with the NRA?

Forum List

Back