Joe Walsh cancels performance after GOP ties revealed

"Therefore, I must humbly withdraw my participation in this event with apologies to any fans or veterans and their families that I might disappoint."

I have mixed emotions on this. I'm a Republican and a Joe Walsh fan. IMO, just because a musician is playing an event doesn't necessarily mean they are endorsing the content of the event. They're just entertaining the people attending who most likely bought your records over the years. But I guess that changes the higher up a musician makes it in the industry. There are just as many people who like Joe Walsh that identify as Republicans as any other political affiliation. But he seemed to gracefully withdrawal from event and gave a statement that the concert was billed as something else. If it was billed as something else then I understand why he withdrew.

So what
We are all gonna die ...no one here gets out alive ....even me as great and good as I am is gonna die...

FYI, turzovka rated your body of work as adolescent and dopey.

(ps -- there seems to be a pattern with those who have nothing to say except to hit the "funny" button)
I rate "turzovka" as a Right wing douche bag with a white Patriarch sense of entitlement and "ponderous self Rightous schtick".. yes your screeches are funny ...I call them as I see them

I rate people who refer to themselves in the third person as pompous beyond belief.

So what
We are all gonna die ...no one here gets out alive ....even me as great and good as I am is gonna die...

FYI, turzovka rated your body of work as adolescent and dopey.

(ps -- there seems to be a pattern with those who have nothing to say except to hit the "funny" button)
I rate "turzovka" as a Right wing douche bag with a white Patriarch sense of entitlement and "ponderous self Rightous schtick".. yes your screeches are funny ...I call them as I see them
Impress me just once, one day.
I will be sure to hit the button "shocking" if such a button ever appears.

Another rocker I'll now avoid.

Joe Walsh Nixes Concert After GOP Ties Revealed

"I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way," artist says

Joe Walsh will not be performing at a July 18th concert he was initially scheduled to perform in Cleveland, OH. In a statement he released on Wednesday, Walsh said the event was billed to him as a benefit for the families of veterans, but after he discovered it was part of the Republican National Convention, he made the announcement that he is withdrawing from the show.

Read more: Joe Walsh Nixes Concert After GOP Ties Revealed
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Progressives like Stalin and Mao always required ideological purity in their subjects

Your ego is so "yuge" you think impressing you is important...no its not important no "turzovka" is not an impressive poster ...you suck large ...you are an unimportant "douche"...You are not as bad as I say - you are much, much worse.:321:

Your ego is so "yuge" you think impressing you is important...no its not important no "turzovka" is not an impressive poster ...you suck large ...you are an unimportant "douche"...You are not as bad as I say - you are much, much worse.:321:
It appears I have hurt Tyrone's feelings. He cannot contain himself.

I was only trying to help.

Your ego is so "yuge" you think impressing you is important...no its not important...

It sure appears to me that you are making it very important to impress me. Else, why all the posts?
why all the posts to me from you "doo doo" breath ? :2up: you trying to impress me ....well you have ...you are "Impressively stupid"...lets not forget you posted to me first trying to be "Impressive" ...and of course failing....

‘That would be discriminatory’: Donald Trump rips NC’s anti-trans bathroom law as bad for business

Last edited:
Your ego is so "yuge" you think impressing you is important...no its not important...

It sure appears to me that you are making it very important to impress me. Else, why all the posts?
why all the posts to me from you "doo doo" breath ? :2up: you trying to impress me ....well you have ...you are "Impressively stupid"...lets not forget you posted to me first trying to be "Impressive" ...and of course failing....

‘That would be discriminatory’: Donald Trump rips NC’s anti-trans bathroom law as bad for business

I wasn't trying to impress you, I was trying to help you.

To be honest --- your blasphemous avatar gets the best of me. I guess if it was not for that I would not even notice any of your useless banter.

I found myself standing next to him at a Ohio Hamvention. I couldn't think of something to say to him. Two guys (who I did not recognize) that appeared to be with him were having a chuckle. I turned and walked away.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to impress you, I was trying to help you.

To be honest --- your blasphemous avatar gets the best of me. I guess if it was not for that I would not even notice any of your useless banter.

Now I feel better knowing you are weeping and gnashing your teeth about me and my avatar.... "'we at the Church of Gadzook" salute you :2up:

How on earth is a dude with flowing blond locks blasphemous? Are you perhaps an adherent of Odin?

He was told it was a veterans benefit then found out it was a partisan event that had nothign to do with Veterans?

And the OP is mad at the musician for...what? Wanting to do something for the Veterans instead?

What a bad dude that guy is :rolleyes:

It appears I have hurt Tyrone's feelings. He cannot contain himself.

I was only trying to help.

He's your typical left wing USMB turd, don't pay much attention to him.

Forum List

Back