Joey Chestnut vs. Kobayashi Hot Dog-Eating Contest Set by Netflix After Nathan’s Bans the 16-Time Champ

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
So Nathan's' threw a hissy fit and banned these two.

They landed on their stomachs... errr... on their feet and will make a nice payday.

Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi, two of the world’s most famous competitive eaters, will participate in the ultimate hot dog-eating contest live on Netflix on Labor Day. The location and specific timing for the Sept. 2 event will be announced at a later date.
Titled “Chestnut vs. Kobayashi: Unfinished Beef,” the two eaters will embark in a rematch “that will determine the ultimate hot-dog-eating champion — in which the competitors will fight to eat the most all-beef hot dogs,” Netflix said in a release Wednesday.
“Through all of my years in competitive eating, Kobayashi stands out as my fiercest rival,” said Chestnut. “Competing against him pushed me to be so much better. I know that fans have waited a long time for another chapter of our rivalry and I can’t wait for our massive showdown live on Netflix! It’s time to give the people what they want!”
The news comes a day after Coney Island’s iconic Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest banned Chestnut from this year’s competition after he signed a deal with vegan hot dog brand Impossible Foods. Chestnut is a 16-time champion at Nathan’s yearly Fourth of July contest and has won the past eight years in a row. He holds the world record after scarfing down 76 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Kobayashi is a six-time Nathan’s champ, winning six years in a row in the early 2000s. Chestnut defeated Kobayashi for the first time in 2007, and they two had a fierce rivalry in the mid 2000s. They last faced off in 2009, when Chestnut emerged victorious.
Kobayashi previously announced in the Netflix documentary “Hack Your Health” that he was retiring due to health concerns, but he has now reversed course.

So Nathan's' threw a hissy fit and banned these two.

They landed on their stomachs... errr... on their feet and will make a nice payday.

Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi, two of the world’s most famous competitive eaters, will participate in the ultimate hot dog-eating contest live on Netflix on Labor Day. The location and specific timing for the Sept. 2 event will be announced at a later date.
Titled “Chestnut vs. Kobayashi: Unfinished Beef,” the two eaters will embark in a rematch “that will determine the ultimate hot-dog-eating champion — in which the competitors will fight to eat the most all-beef hot dogs,” Netflix said in a release Wednesday.
“Through all of my years in competitive eating, Kobayashi stands out as my fiercest rival,” said Chestnut. “Competing against him pushed me to be so much better. I know that fans have waited a long time for another chapter of our rivalry and I can’t wait for our massive showdown live on Netflix! It’s time to give the people what they want!”
The news comes a day after Coney Island’s iconic Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest banned Chestnut from this year’s competition after he signed a deal with vegan hot dog brand Impossible Foods. Chestnut is a 16-time champion at Nathan’s yearly Fourth of July contest and has won the past eight years in a row. He holds the world record after scarfing down 76 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Kobayashi is a six-time Nathan’s champ, winning six years in a row in the early 2000s. Chestnut defeated Kobayashi for the first time in 2007, and they two had a fierce rivalry in the mid 2000s. They last faced off in 2009, when Chestnut emerged victorious.
Kobayashi previously announced in the Netflix documentary “Hack Your Health” that he was retiring due to health concerns, but he has now reversed course.

Be sure not to use Nathan’s Coney Island brand hot dogs

Pick a rival brand and give it plenty of publicity

Be sure not to use Nathan’s Coney Island brand hot dogs

Pick a rival brand and give it plenty of publicity
In the last 15/20 years there were some of them where I actually looked forward to watching the Nathan's Hot Dog Contest on July 4th. And most of that was due to Chestnut, Kobayashi and the black widow woman. They are gone. They were like the A listers of hod dog eating contests. It's a long drop down to the next level. Someone needs to step up. It won't be the same now.

In the last 15/20 years there were some of them where I actually looked forward to watching the Nathan's Hot Dog Contest on July 4th. And most of that was due to Chestnut, Kobayashi and the black widow woman. They are gone. They were like the A listers of hod dog eating contests. It's a long drop down to the next level. Someone needs to step up. It won't be the same now.
Obviously some woke biden voter is running Nathan’s now

Forum List

Back