John Kelly calls Robert E. Lee an "honorable man"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit.

As soon as they attacked Fort Sumter, they committed treason.

The Law of Treason.

Nonsense. Lincoln committed treason when he told the occupying troops to stay put.

Your article is nothing but Yankee propaganda. Look at the date it was published.
Fort Sumter was federal property.

As soon as the South attacked it, they became traitors.

The ambassador's house in Mexico City is American property. Would Mexico be guilty of treason if they told the Americans there to leave and then used force to make them leave.

Furthermore, if South Carolina was still part of the union, which it wasn't, only then would it be treason. If they seceded, then it might be an act of war if Ft Sumter was Union territory, but it wasn't. It was only property owned by the federal government.

Secession was illegal and therefore illegitimate. SC was a part of the Union though traitors therein were in rebellion. The traitors were treated rather more gently than they deserved.

Show me where the Constitution says it's not permitted.

Ask Salmon P. Chase. The Union is indestructible in its entirety.

Honorable man...committing TREASON against the United States of America.

Kelly just forgot to mention that part. :rolleyes:
Secession is not treason.
But firing on a federal installation when you are still part of the U.S. is.

They weren't pat of the United States after they seceded, douchebag.

Secession was illegal and illegitimate. SC was still part of the Union. Traitors were just holding it hostage.

Nonsense. Lincoln committed treason when he told the occupying troops to stay put.

Your article is nothing but Yankee propaganda. Look at the date it was published.

The ambassador's house in Mexico City is American property. Would Mexico be guilty of treason if they told the Americans there to leave and then used force to make them leave.

Furthermore, if South Carolina was still part of the union, which it wasn't, only then would it be treason. If they seceded, then it might be an act of war if Ft Sumter was Union territory, but it wasn't. It was only property owned by the federal government.

Secession was illegal and therefore illegitimate. SC was a part of the Union though traitors therein were in rebellion. The traitors were treated rather more gently than they deserved.

You can read the Constitution, can't you? Chase was a Lincoln appointed hack.

Secession was illegal and illegitimate. SC was still part of the Union. Traitors were just holding it hostage.
Wrong. You have failed to demonstrate any such thing.

Anti Lincoln deplorable confederate. It must irk the shit out him to know that Lincoln is the consensus with every historian and poll to be our greatest president.
Anti Lincoln
Pro Trump.
Ha!

Chase was Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. YOU are an ignorant, anti-American, hack wannabe on the internet. Guess who has more credibility?

Wrong. .....

Right, as determined by providence and affirmed in law. YOU remain a frustrated nobody who hates my country.

Good grief anyone who could afford slaves pretty well had them for crying out loud. Whites had them. Blacks had them. First Nations had them. WTF is with this shit of applying today's standards to history.

A whole lotta people never had them. Even in those good ole days.

American negro people and redskins still owned more slaves than republicans.
A common though stubbornly consistent mistake is to think of and to discuss the practice of slavery in the context of contemporary moral standards.

Another common mistake is to think of and discuss the people in history as a monolithic group as if they all held the same beliefs.
It was just as immoral then as it is now. Many thought and said so. Many risked their lives and livlihoods for the cause of abolition.

Wrong. .....

Right, as determined by providence and affirmed in law. YOU remain a frustrated nobody who hates my country.

There is no law that bars secession, and I have no idea what "providence" is supposed to mean.

Chase was Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. YOU are an ignorant, anti-American, hack wannabe on the internet. Guess who has more credibility?

He was a Lincoln appointed hack.

Anti Lincoln deplorable confederate. It must irk the shit out him to know that Lincoln is the consensus with every historian and poll to be our greatest president.
Anti Lincoln
Pro Trump.
Ha!

I realize that you worship tyrants. It's sad the world is overpopulated with vermin like you.

Wrong. .....

There is no law that bars secession, and I have no idea what "providence" is supposed to mean.

The highest court in the land refutes your whining. Your traitorous heroes got some of what they deserved then quit. All the bitching and historical ignorance you can muster won’t change that. :lol:

Chase = Chief Justice, Supreme Court of the United States of America

You = ignorant, America-hating nobody

Wrong. .....

The highest court in the land refutes your whining. Your traitorous heroes got some of what they deserved then quit. All the bitching and historical ignorance you can muster won’t change that. :lol:

Appeal to authority - a logical fallacy. The court was packed with Lincoln hacks. It's decisions on the matter are worthless.

Facts = facts. Venting your spleen doesn't change that.

Wrong. .....

Appeal to authority - a logical fallacy. The court was packed with Lincoln hacks. It's decisions on the matter are worthless.

According to whom? You have no credibility, and do not understand how to apply logic. Enjoy your impotence, nobody.

Facts = facts. Venting your spleen doesn't change that.

The fact is that secession was illegal and illegitimate. The fact is that the confederate traitors lost. The fact is that you cannot change any of these facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back