Jon Stewart warns of more risks to the political system than just Trump

The comment was about a democratic system - NOT democrats. :icon_rolleyes:
Yea, and he said it’s being done by “those who want to create chaos” to usher in a more authoritarian government. Who do you think he is referring to? Dems are the only people in charge.

Why should we care what a comedian thinks? Honestly

He's a lot more than a comedian Zog. He's a vert astute social commentator and evangelist for a lot of great causes. Since he left the show in 2015, some of his best moments have been when he wasn't trying to be funny.

Such as his fierce advocacy for 9/11 first responders. This was pretty epic.

Remember Stewart left a year before the election so it's a little harsh to blame him for Trump. Could he have made a difference? Maybe. But Trevor Noah has done a pretty good job with the show, though I don't like him AS much.
The whole election cycle was pure comedy gold. The opportunity of the century for a comedian in Jon's position! To quit and give his powerful seat to a half white guy I'm sure made some guys insecure about their all whiteness all over again. (So of course I'm just kidding Jon) Was he bribed to stay out of it? Was he threatened? Why hasn't it been investigated yet?

He's a lot more than a comedian Zog. He's a vert astute social commentator and evangelist for a lot of great causes. Since he left the show in 2015, some of his best moments have been when he wasn't trying to be funny.

Such as his fierce advocacy for 9/11 first responders. This was pretty epic.

What are his credentials outside of being a comedian/actor?

He changed his last name because he was ashamed of his Jewish heritage. I am not impressed with a college psych major who became a comic and now is a political activist. I am more impressed with Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, Musk, etc. People who built businesses, employ 100s of thousands and have added significant and life altering inventions to the world.

The ironic thing is that a left wing pundit stand up comedian like Jon Stewart with a skewed view of politics and little qualifications poses more of a risk more of a to the political system than the duly elected former president.

Yea, and he said it’s being done by “those who want to create chaos” to usher in a more authoritarian government. Who do you think he is referring to? Dems are the only people in charge.

He's referring to pols on both sides of the aisle as well as the media.

Dems are not in charge of many of the swing state legislatures where the Neo laws are being passed to make it easier for partisans to overturn the voters will in counties they lost.

Yep, that's an authoritarian dick move by those who care about one thing and one thing only: Retaining power by any means in the face of demographic realities.

The whole election cycle was pure comedy gold. The opportunity of the century for a comedian in Jon's position! To quit and give his powerful seat to a half white guy I'm sure made some guys insecure about their all whiteness all over again. (So of course I'm just kidding Jon) Was he bribed to stay out of it? Was he threatened? Why hasn't it been investigated yet?

Lol - Of course Trumpy Bear wasn't nominated until July 2016 and nobody predicted that let alone his winning. But yes, we'd better have an investigation. :D

Jon Stewart with a skewed view of politics and little qualifications poses more of a risk more of a to the political system than the duly elected former president

Jon believes in the power of words.
Lol - Of course Trumpy Bear wasn't nominated until July 2016 and nobody predicted that let alone his winning. But yes, we'd better have an investigation. :D

I don't know. His last show was shortly after we saw the Trumpybear descend the Golden Stair case.....Very suspicious, lots of people were talking .......... :stir:

What are his credentials outside of being a comedian/actor?

He changed his last name because he was ashamed of his Jewish heritage. I am not impressed with a college psych major who became a comic and now is a political activist. I am more impressed with Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, Musk, etc. People who built businesses, employ 100s of thousands and have added significant and life altering inventions to the world.

He only changed the spelling of his middle name originally "Stuart". I haven't asked him why he dropped Liebowitz but those reasons are outlined below. It wasn't because he was "ashamed of his Jewish heritage".

Here are a few of his qualifications and successes. Now you post yours. ;)

After Stewart joined, The Daily Show steadily gained popularity and critical acclaim, and during his tenure, won 22 Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards and also was nominated for news and journalism awards.
Since leaving The Daily Show, Stewart has mostly maintained a low profile in entertainment industry circles, but has used his celebrity and voice in a sustained advocacy for 9/11 first responders,[2] and also for war veterans' health benefits. In 2019 he received the New York City Bronze Medallion for his "tireless advocacy, inspiration, and leadership (helping to) pass the permanent authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation FundAct".[3]
Stewart's parents divorced when he was eleven years old, and Stewart was largely estranged from his father.[5] Because of his strained relationship with his father, which in 2015 he described as "still 'complicated'", he dropped his surname and began using his middle name. Stewart stated, "There was a thought of using my mother's maiden name, but I thought that would be just too big a fuck you to my dad... Did I have some problems with my father? Yes. Yet people always view [changing my surname] through the prism of ethnic identity."[11] He had his surname changed legally to Stewart in 2001.[11][12] Stewart and his brother Lawrence, who was previously the chief operating officer of NYSE Euronext (parent company of the New York Stock Exchange),[10][13] grew up in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, where they attended Lawrence High School.[5] According to Stewart, he was subjected to anti-Semitic bullying as a child.[14]
Stewart graduated in 1984 from The College of William & Mary where he initially majored in chemistry before switching to psychology.[5][16] While at William & Mary, Stewart became a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity,[17] but later disassociated himself from the fraternity and left after six months.[18] "My college career was waking up late, memorizing someone else's notes, doing bong hits, and going to soccer practice", he later said.[19] He was a three-year starter in 1981, 1982 and 1983 with the Tribe men's soccer team. He had 10 goals and 12 assists on a squad that went 40–15–9 (.695) in his three seasons with the program.[20] He is listed as Jon Leibowitz in official William & Mary Athletics records.[21] Al Albert describe him as "athletic and feisty and quick" and added that "he wasn't the most technical or clinical player, but he could make things happen."[22]
After college, Stewart held numerous jobs: a contingency planner for the New Jersey Department of Human Services, a contract administrator for the City University of New York, a puppeteer for children with disabilities, a soccer coach at Gloucester High School in Virginia, a caterer, a busboy, a shelf stocker at Woolworth's, a bartender at the Franklin Corner Tavern (a local blue-collar bar), and a bartender at the legendary City Gardens in Trenton, New Jersey.[5][23][24] He has said that working at City Gardens was a pivotal moment for him: "finding this place City Gardens was like, 'Oh, maybe I'm not a giant weirdo. Maybe there are other people who have a similar sense of yearning for something other than what they have now.' I think it inspired a lot of people, man. It was a very creative environment. It was a place of great possibility."[25]

Writing[edit]

In 1998, Stewart released his first book, Naked Pictures of Famous People, a collection of humorous short stories and essays. The book reached The New York TimesBest Seller List.[100]
In 2004, Stewart and The Daily Show writing staff released, America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction, a mock high-school history textbook offering insights into the unique American system of government, dissecting its institutions, explaining its history and processes, and satirizing such popular American political precepts as, "one man, one vote", "government by the people", and "every vote counts". The book sold millions of copies upon its 2004 release and ended the year as a top-fifteen best seller.[1]

Ever seen this? Absolutely skewered the clowns on Crossfire - BOTH sides.

Jon believes in the power of words.

I don't know. His last show was shortly after we saw the Trumpybear descend the Golden Stair case.....Very suspicious, lots of people were talking .......... :stir:

Maybe he was paid off by Rump Dumpster (or as Jon lovingly referred to him - Fuckface von Clownstick). We'd better look into it. :lol:

Last edited:
He only changed the spelling of his middle name originally "Stuart". I haven't asked him why he dropped Liebowitz but those reasons are outlined below. It wasn't because he was "ashamed of his Jewish heritage".

Here are a few of his qualifications and successes. Now you post yours. ;)

After Stewart joined, The Daily Show steadily gained popularity and critical acclaim, and during his tenure, won 22 Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards and also was nominated for news and journalism awards.
Since leaving The Daily Show, Stewart has mostly maintained a low profile in entertainment industry circles, but has used his celebrity and voice in a sustained advocacy for 9/11 first responders,[2] and also for war veterans' health benefits. In 2019 he received the New York City Bronze Medallion for his "tireless advocacy, inspiration, and leadership (helping to) pass the permanent authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation FundAct".[3]
Stewart's parents divorced when he was eleven years old, and Stewart was largely estranged from his father.[5] Because of his strained relationship with his father, which in 2015 he described as "still 'complicated'", he dropped his surname and began using his middle name. Stewart stated, "There was a thought of using my mother's maiden name, but I thought that would be just too big a fuck you to my dad... Did I have some problems with my father? Yes. Yet people always view [changing my surname] through the prism of ethnic identity."[11] He had his surname changed legally to Stewart in 2001.[11][12] Stewart and his brother Lawrence, who was previously the chief operating officer of NYSE Euronext (parent company of the New York Stock Exchange),[10][13] grew up in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, where they attended Lawrence High School.[5] According to Stewart, he was subjected to anti-Semitic bullying as a child.[14]
Stewart graduated in 1984 from The College of William & Mary where he initially majored in chemistry before switching to psychology.[5][16] While at William & Mary, Stewart became a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity,[17] but later disassociated himself from the fraternity and left after six months.[18] "My college career was waking up late, memorizing someone else's notes, doing bong hits, and going to soccer practice", he later said.[19] He was a three-year starter in 1981, 1982 and 1983 with the Tribe men's soccer team. He had 10 goals and 12 assists on a squad that went 40–15–9 (.695) in his three seasons with the program.[20] He is listed as Jon Leibowitz in official William & Mary Athletics records.[21] Al Albert describe him as "athletic and feisty and quick" and added that "he wasn't the most technical or clinical player, but he could make things happen."[22]
After college, Stewart held numerous jobs: a contingency planner for the New Jersey Department of Human Services, a contract administrator for the City University of New York, a puppeteer for children with disabilities, a soccer coach at Gloucester High School in Virginia, a caterer, a busboy, a shelf stocker at Woolworth's, a bartender at the Franklin Corner Tavern (a local blue-collar bar), and a bartender at the legendary City Gardens in Trenton, New Jersey.[5][23][24] He has said that working at City Gardens was a pivotal moment for him: "finding this place City Gardens was like, 'Oh, maybe I'm not a giant weirdo. Maybe there are other people who have a similar sense of yearning for something other than what they have now.' I think it inspired a lot of people, man. It was a very creative environment. It was a place of great possibility."[25]

Writing[edit]

In 1998, Stewart released his first book, Naked Pictures of Famous People, a collection of humorous short stories and essays. The book reached The New York TimesBest Seller List.[100]
In 2004, Stewart and The Daily Show writing staff released, America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction, a mock high-school history textbook offering insights into the unique American system of government, dissecting its institutions, explaining its history and processes, and satirizing such popular American political precepts as, "one man, one vote", "government by the people", and "every vote counts". The book sold millions of copies upon its 2004 release and ended the year as a top-fifteen best seller.[1]

Ever seen this? Absolutely skewered the clowns on Crossfire - BOTH sides.

I would give $5k to his favorite charity to debate him one on one for 30 min. If he is truly an expert have him debate Ben Shapiro and see how he does. Leftists avoid Shapiro, who is a very polite young man like the plague. Whatever the fake Jew Leibowitz says is irrelevant to me.

I would give $5k to his favorite charity to debate him one on one for 30 min. If he is truly an expert have him debate Ben Shapiro and see how he does. Leftists avoid Shapiro, who is a very polite young man like the plague. Whatever the fake Jew Leibowitz says is irrelevant to me.

Ben Shapiro from Daily Wire? LoL - Stewart would leave him crying. :D

• Overall, we rate The Daily Wire Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and numerous failed fact checks.

Gutfeld isn't funny or smart - Stewart is. And Gutfeld never would have said those things. He's not exactly a deep thinker. ;)
who are you trying to fool?.....if gutfeld was a democrat who hated trump you would be at the TV every night at 10 tuning in......

Forum List

Back