Jonathan Turley on the Unsigned 4-3 Colorado Decison Regarding President Trump.

You can’t remove someone from the ballot based on a charge. Otherwise, we could just go around making up fake charges against opponents likely to beat us at the ballot box.
There's no telling how the SC will rule.

Who convicted him? He’s being removed from the ballot based on a charge.

A conviction isn't required under the 14th Amendment. Just participating in the insurrection (which everyone admits Trump did, including Trump) is adequate to disqualify him.

This was because after the Civil War, they didn't want ex-Confederates returning to Congress, but they didn't want to go through the trouble of putting them all on trial for their culpability during the war.

There's no telling how the SC will rule.

I think this is how it will break out.

Alito, Thomas and Barret will vote to overturn.
Jackson, Sotomoyor and Kagan will vote to uphold.

The real question marks are Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts. They've all shown signs of being actual jurists from time to time.

On the legal question, there's really no doubt. Trump formented an insurrection. He did this openly on Twitter and national TV. We all saw him do it.

The problem of Trump is that he's always been a person who is manifestly unfit for the presidency, but since 1974, respect for the Presidency as an office has declined so much that it doesn't matter to people.

It's common knowledge that the orange sow tried to disenfranchise 81 million Americans of their vote.
No it’s not. It’s common knowledge that he asked his supporters to be peaceful as they objected to an election full of shenanigans.

Democrats are now trying to disenfranchise the voters of CO From picking their candidate. Why are you OK when Republicans are disenfranchised?.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
No it’s not. It’s common knowledge that he asked his supporters to be peaceful as they objected to an election full of shenanigans.

After riling them up, telling the Nazi Proud Boys (nice people you are in bed with, BTW) to "Stand By", telling them to "Fight like Hell".

I think this is how it will break out.

Alito, Thomas and Barret will vote to overturn.
Jackson, Sotomoyor and Kagan will vote to uphold.

The real question marks are Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts. They've all shown signs of being actual jurists from time to time.

On the legal question, there's really no doubt. Trump formented an insurrection. He did this openly on Twitter and national TV. We all saw him do it.

The problem of Trump is that he's always been a person who is manifestly unfit for the presidency, but since 1974, respect for the Presidency as an office has declined so much that it doesn't matter to people.
The safest bet is on the incompetence of Trump's lawyers to argue their case.

The safest bet is on the incompetence of Trump's lawyers to argue their case.
The safest bet is the SCOTUS ruling according to law. Trump has not been found guilty of insurrection. There WAS no insurrection.

The safest bet is the SCOTUS ruling according to law. Trump has not been found guilty of insurrection. There WAS no insurrection.
sure looked like one to me.

does SCOTUS really want to open the door to people angry with its rulings being able to storm the building?

2003 I was shocked that Bush attacked Iraq. I am a Native Coloradan, and I was in a state of shock over what the Colorado Supreme court just did. I still can't believe this happened.
After the Unpatriot Act, January 6, Brunson v. Adams and many more, I can believe anything. The US judiciary today has but one function--protect the fascist status quo.

What law was cited in the dissenting opinion of the Colorado SC?
Doesn‘t matter. The law cited in the opinion removing Trump doesn’t apply. There was no insurrection, nor was Trump convicted of such.

Otherwise, why can’t we just remove Biden from the ballots for accepting foreign bribes laundered through his son? That’s treason.

Doesn‘t matter. The law cited in the opinion removing Trump doesn’t apply. There was no insurrection, nor was Trump convicted of such.

Otherwise, why can’t we just remove Biden from the ballots for accepting foreign bribes laundered through his son? That’s treason.
So no more state rights?

Insurrection, abortion, mifepristone.

Who thought the rebellion by women, youth, and responsible America would greatly damage the GoP at the states right level.

Forum List

Back