🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jordanian MPs: Release Terrorist who Murdered Israeli Students

WHEN King Abdullah is deposed, I expect this prisoner shall be freed.

Is an unrepentant murderer of school children released into the public a good thing?

How do you know he is unrepentant? It has been 16 years since this prisoner was imprisoned. He has been imprisoned since 1997. I do not think we know his present state of mind. Do you not believe a person can repent and be rehabilitated? As far as that goes, all we really know about this man and his crimes is what Israeli sources have reported. Do you submit these sources are unbiased? How do we know that is accurate, these reports? Arent Jordan and the people of Jordan the ones who should decide whether he is released or his jail sentence continued? Are you aware it used to be the case in the US that prisoners were regularly sentenced to life and were released on parole after 7 years? Now, this may have changed. But the point I make is it is up to the government where a person commits a crime, issues of sentencing and parole and release from jail. It is not for Israel or the US to decide whether this prisoner should be released. And for some reason the members of Parliament in Jordan and human rights activists in Jordan seem to be almost unanimously supporting this man's release. That is what the Jordan news source I read and posted about says anyway. There must be a valid reason for that, I do not buy the argument that all Jordanians simply lack morality and that explains them wanting to release this man. I expect there is more to this story then we know about. One thing I discovered from reading the second article I posted about Jordan is that there is a problem of corruption there. Maybe, this prisoner was a scapegoat and someone else gave the orders to shoot or something and that is being covered up. I realize I am speculating here, but I really think there must be more to the story of this prisoner and the crime he was charged with than we are aware of.

Last edited:
There's not much more to the story Sherri. He INTENTIONALLY MURDERED CHILDREN. There's no way to go around that . What did those children do to deserve that?

You openly support a mass murderer that killed young school girls, all because his victims were Jews. You are an ignorant anti semite.

NONE of that is true.

It surely sounds true, to many of us, here!:eek::eusa_hand:

The people of Jordan and Jordan's Parliament support his release, I support the will of the people of Jordan over the iron fist of the dictator of Jordan.

I say down with all dictators! All of them can go!

There's not much more to the story Sherri. He INTENTIONALLY MURDERED CHILDREN. There's no way to go around that . What did those children do to deserve that?

Because TOASTBOY says so we should believe this? You do not live in this man's mind.

NONE of that is true.

It surely sounds true, to many of us, here!:eek::eusa_hand:

The people of Jordan and Jordan's Parliament support his release, I support the will of the people of Jordan over the iron fist of the dictator of Jordan.

I say down with all dictators! All of them can go!

The fact that you support the release of a prisoner who murdered Jewish children tells a lot about you Sherri. Disgusting !!

Because TOASTBOY says so we should believe this? You do not live in this man's mind.

What does his mind have to do with the fact that he intentionally took the lives of innocent Israeli students?

What does his mind have to do with the fact that he intentionally took the lives of innocent Israeli students?

Sherri does NOT CARE that JEWS were killed. Jews to her are beneath contempt. Anyone actively trying to murder them is Sherri's friend, she supports them with words and probably actions.

She continues to lie that somehow Israel has any say over what Jordan decides to do. Jordan sentenced him and Jordan decided to keep him a prisoner. She still has to explain how the murderer of 7 school girls is a political prisoner as well.

Is an unrepentant murderer of school children released into the public a good thing?

How do you know he is unrepentant? It has been 16 years since this prisoner was imprisoned. He has been imprisoned since 1997. I do not think we know his present state of mind. Do you not believe a person can repent and be rehabilitated? As far as that goes, all we really know about this man and his crimes is what Israeli sources have reported. Do you submit these sources are unbiased? How do we know that is accurate, these reports? Arent Jordan and the people of Jordan the ones who should decide whether he is released or his jail sentence continued? Are you aware it used to be the case in the US that prisoners were regularly sentenced to life and were released on parole after 7 years? Now, this may have changed. But the point I make is it is up to the government where a person commits a crime, issues of sentencing and parole and release from jail. It is not for Israel or the US to decide whether this prisoner should be released. And for some reason the members of Parliament in Jordan and human rights activists in Jordan seem to be almost unanimously supporting this man's release. That is what the Jordan news source I read and posted about says anyway. There must be a valid reason for that, I do not buy the argument that all Jordanians simply lack morality and that explains them wanting to release this man. I expect there is more to this story then we know about. One thing I discovered from reading the second article I posted about Jordan is that there is a problem of corruption there. Maybe, this prisoner was a scapegoat and someone else gave the orders to shoot or something and that is being covered up. I realize I am speculating here, but I really think there must be more to the story of this prisoner and the crime he was charged with than we are aware of.

Will you give Jack Titel the same kind of sympathy?

King of Jordan went to Israel and visited the Israeli surviving girls, and also the families of the murdered girls, to show sympathy. he took total responsibility, so did the kingdom, of the acts of the killer.

138.jpg

It seems to me, that once again, you're reaching

How do you know he is unrepentant? It has been 16 years since this prisoner was imprisoned. He has been imprisoned since 1997.

The OP stated: Daqamseh has denied committing any crime and has said that he should be freed from prison since he had simply fulfilled his national and religious duty by killing the students.

Have you found anything to suggest he felt what he did was wrong? That he accepted committing a crime?

I do not think we know his present state of mind. Do you not believe a person can repent and be rehabilitated?

I absolutely believe in that - but that belief must be bolstered by evidence before I would want to let such a person loose in society.

As far as that goes, all we really know about this man and his crimes is what Israeli sources have reported. Do you submit these sources are unbiased? How do we know that is accurate, these reports? Arent Jordan and the people of Jordan the ones who should decide whether he is released or his jail sentence continued?

It IS up to Jordan.

Are you aware it used to be the case in the US that prisoners were regularly sentenced to life and were released on parole after 7 years? Now, this may have changed. But the point I make is it is up to the government where a person commits a crime, issues of sentencing and parole and release from jail.

From the OP, it's not Israel making the decision - it's the King and Jordan's justice system. Popular opinion for an unrepentent mass murderer should never drive justice or public safety - including public safety for Jordan's neighbors. Justice should never be in the hands of popular opinion.

It is not for Israel or the US to decide whether this prisoner should be released. And for some reason the members of Parliament in Jordan and human rights activists in Jordan seem to be almost unanimously supporting this man's release.

Who exactly are human rights activists (in majority) supporting his release? That reason alone is insufficient. It makes no sense. Do you have support for the claim? The article you posted said nothing about human rights groups and instead quoted a populist (their words) movement to free this man.

That is what the Jordan news source I read and posted about says anyway. There must be a valid reason for that, I do not buy the argument that all Jordanians simply lack morality and that explains them wanting to release this man. I expect there is more to this story then we know about. One thing I discovered from reading the second article I posted about Jordan is that there is a problem of corruption there. Maybe, this prisoner was a scapegoat and someone else gave the orders to shoot or something and that is being covered up. I realize I am speculating here, but I really think there must be more to the story of this prisoner and the crime he was charged with than we are aware of.

The reasons given over and over in support of his release are that he is a "hero" - meaning there is popular support for his murder of children as part of a "cause". Don't you find that disgusting?

The last paragraph of the article you posted says:

The court convicted Dagamseh of "intentional murder of several people”, and he was demoted from corporal to private and dishonourably discharged from the military. The tribunal however said in its ruling that Daqamseh was not convicted of premeditated murder because he was suffering from an anti-social mental disorder that made him unable to control himself and prevented him from realizing the outcome of his actions.

If the last is true - how it is handled depends on the Jordanian justice system of which I know nothing. If it is true however, it is unlikely to be very treatable (those sort of things aren't) and his release would very likely put the public in danger again.

In this country when people who are mentally ill commit these kind of crimes they can be forced into psychiatric care while in prison - but the likelyhood of their being released is highly questionable. Consider Charles Manson for example.

So you are supporting this man's release into the public with no regards to public safety and no evidence he repents of his crime? I understand your concern for the Palestinian children killed and the lack of justice in those incidents (and I often agree) but I can't understand your support of pardoning a man who has yet shown no remorse - is regarded as a "hero" and might be mentally ill to boot - who murdered in cold blood 7 children.

What about THOSE children and justice for them?

How do you know he is unrepentant? It has been 16 years since this prisoner was imprisoned. He has been imprisoned since 1997.

The OP stated: Daqamseh has denied committing any crime and has said that he should be freed from prison since he had simply fulfilled his national and religious duty by killing the students.

Have you found anything to suggest he felt what he did was wrong? That he accepted committing a crime?

I absolutely believe in that - but that belief must be bolstered by evidence before I would want to let such a person loose in society.

It IS up to Jordan.

From the OP, it's not Israel making the decision - it's the King and Jordan's justice system. Popular opinion for an unrepentent mass murderer should never drive justice or public safety - including public safety for Jordan's neighbors. Justice should never be in the hands of popular opinion.

It is not for Israel or the US to decide whether this prisoner should be released. And for some reason the members of Parliament in Jordan and human rights activists in Jordan seem to be almost unanimously supporting this man's release.

Who exactly are human rights activists (in majority) supporting his release? That reason alone is insufficient. It makes no sense. Do you have support for the claim? The article you posted said nothing about human rights groups and instead quoted a populist (their words) movement to free this man.

That is what the Jordan news source I read and posted about says anyway. There must be a valid reason for that, I do not buy the argument that all Jordanians simply lack morality and that explains them wanting to release this man. I expect there is more to this story then we know about. One thing I discovered from reading the second article I posted about Jordan is that there is a problem of corruption there. Maybe, this prisoner was a scapegoat and someone else gave the orders to shoot or something and that is being covered up. I realize I am speculating here, but I really think there must be more to the story of this prisoner and the crime he was charged with than we are aware of.

The reasons given over and over in support of his release are that he is a "hero" - meaning there is popular support for his murder of children as part of a "cause". Don't you find that disgusting?

The last paragraph of the article you posted says:

The court convicted Dagamseh of "intentional murder of several people”, and he was demoted from corporal to private and dishonourably discharged from the military. The tribunal however said in its ruling that Daqamseh was not convicted of premeditated murder because he was suffering from an anti-social mental disorder that made him unable to control himself and prevented him from realizing the outcome of his actions.

If the last is true - how it is handled depends on the Jordanian justice system of which I know nothing. If it is true however, it is unlikely to be very treatable (those sort of things aren't) and his release would very likely put the public in danger again.

In this country when people who are mentally ill commit these kind of crimes they can be forced into psychiatric care while in prison - but the likelyhood of their being released is highly questionable. Consider Charles Manson for example.

So you are supporting this man's release into the public with no regards to public safety and no evidence he repents of his crime? I understand your concern for the Palestinian children killed and the lack of justice in those incidents (and I often agree) but I can't understand your support of pardoning a man who has yet shown no remorse - is regarded as a "hero" and might be mentally ill to boot - who murdered in cold blood 7 children.

What about THOSE children and justice for them?

Those were Jews, Sherri couldn't care less about Jewish children.

"How do you know he is unrepentant?"

He said "... he had simply fulfilled his national and religious duty by killing the students."

WHAT I have read leads me to believe this prisoner addressed in the OP will be released in 9 years, by an application of Jordanian law, and sooner if the government acts to reduce his sentence. SO FAR, I have been unable to find many Jordanian news articles addressing his case.

"Under Jordanian law, a life sentence is equivalent to 25 years in prison. The verdict cannot be appealed, but King Hussein can reduce the sentence or cancel it, but he has condemned the killing as ''heinous'' and said Corporal Daqamseh should have been shot on the spot." Jordan Soldier Convicted In Killings of Israeli Girls - NYTimes.com

Don't you think it was heinous?

She actively petitions us to support his release and condemns the Jordanian Government for not releasing him. Now if he were Jewish she would be demanding his head on a platter. Why do you keep asking her what she has clearly stated here and through out her threads. She hates Jews, she openly supports terrorists and the murderers of Jews. She lies about Jews and Israel in every thread she posts in.

Forum List

Back