Josh Hawley announces he will object on Jan 6th, first Senator to join in objections, will force debate & vote on each objection

More rightwing idiocy.

Conservatives have nothing but contempt for the Constitution, the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the will of the American people.
Say the assholes who stole the presidential election.
Cry more.
4i6Ckte.gif

So who is he? Lawley or Hawley? :auiqs.jpg:
If you are talking about Josh Hawley, then he's just blowing gas. The election is over.
Biden won. Trump lost. This is just wasting everyone's time as there's no chance the election will be overturned.
He should be held accountable for his participation in a seditious act.
It takes a lot of guts and personal unawareness to steal the presidency and then whine about someone else's "seditious act".
Roast in hell, traitor!
You must be a plant. No one is this stupid.

So who is he? Lawley or Hawley? :auiqs.jpg:
If you are talking about Josh Hawley, then he's just blowing gas. The election is over.
Biden won. Trump lost. This is just wasting everyone's time as there's no chance the election will be overturned.
He should be held accountable for his participation in a seditious act.
It takes a lot of guts and personal unawareness to steal the presidency and then whine about someone else's "seditious act".
Roast in hell, traitor!

Honestly. After four years. I still don't know what this man has done to warrant this kind of blind loyalty strong enough to conjure conspiracies out of thin air. There was no theft.
Enjoy the next four years...and maybe longer if Republicans keep this downward slide up. :)
Definitely longer. And Republicans know it. That's why they are desperate for this one. They know that once the anti-voter suppression laws and automatic registration become laws they don't have a chance, because the citizens will be deciding instead of the legislatures and the courts.

This is a big deal. Hawley is the first Senator to defy Mcconnell's demand, and confirm that he will indeed object on January 6th, joining several members of the House of Representatives. Because this satisfies the requiremenent of one member from each chamber of Congress joining the objection, it will force the debate and vote provisions under the Electoral Count Act.

Everyone better pack a sandwich then, unless Pence reads all the votes before adjourning them to chambers for debate on the objections. We know the arguments, they'll all be pretty much the same. 2 hours is plenty.
Apparently it will be 2 hours per objection. Pence will read each state in alphabetical order. Like when Arizona comes up, if there is an objection, they suspend the JSC for 2 hours to debate and then come back and resume. Then when Georgia comes around...another objection...another suspension. While it will be great to see the blob lose six more times in one afternoon, I am hoping they do all of the objections at once.
Me, too. I'm sure Pence is trying to figure out how to have this not drag into Thursday. There will no doubt be objections without standing, as well. Better check the handle on that gavel, make sure it's ready for a workout.

I figure CSpan will be broadcasting it live, but how will they manage the separate debates in each chamber? They'll have to run one of them afterward. I imagine the Dem side will be pretty boring; they should cover the Pubs and show the Dems doing their nails and playing on their phones later. Lol

This is a big deal. Hawley is the first Senator to defy Mcconnell's demand, and confirm that he will indeed object on January 6th, joining several members of the House of Representatives. Because this satisfies the requiremenent of one member from each chamber of Congress joining the objection, it will force the debate and vote provisions under the Electoral Count Act.

Everyone better pack a sandwich then, unless Pence reads all the votes before adjourning them to chambers for debate on the objections. We know the arguments, they'll all be pretty much the same. 2 hours is plenty.
Apparently it will be 2 hours per objection. Pence will read each state in alphabetical order. Like when Arizona comes up, if there is an objection, they suspend the JSC for 2 hours to debate and then come back and resume. Then when Georgia comes around...another objection...another suspension. While it will be great to see the blob lose six more times in one afternoon, I am hoping they do all of the objections at once.
Me, too. I'm sure Pence is trying to figure out how to have this not drag into Thursday. There will no doubt be objections without standing, as well. Better check the handle on that gavel, make sure it's ready for a workout.

I figure CSpan will be broadcasting it live, but how will they manage the separate debates in each chamber? They'll have to run one of them afterward. I imagine the Dem side will be pretty boring; they should cover the Pubs and show the Dems doing their nails and playing on their phones later. Lol
CSPAN 1 AND CSPAN 2 I imagine. Liberal MSNBC is going to have a panel with popcorn and soda to watch the festivities.

CSPAN 1 AND CSPAN 2 I imagine. Liberal MSNBC is going to have a panel with popcorn and soda to watch the festivities.
I don't think I've got the stomach for hours of election fraud arguments. It's old, it'll be repetitive, and it depresses me that our elected officials are this goddamned stupid. I'm interested in watching the count though. That will be enough excitement for me.

I don't think I've got the stomach for hours of election fraud arguments. It's old, it'll be repetitive, and it depresses me that our elected officials are this goddamned stupid. I'm interested in watching the count though. That will be enough excitement for me.
Agreed. I've pretty much tuned out of the whole thing.

I'm a huge fan of the electoral college but this lag time between election day, the electors meeting and the votes being taken to Congress for their opening is just nuts. The whole thing should be wrapped up in two weeks; a month at the most.

I'm a huge fan of the electoral college but this lag time between election day, the electors meeting and the votes being taken to Congress for their opening is just nuts. The whole thing should be wrapped up in two weeks; a month at the most.
Yeah, when this whole thing was devised, the speediest way to get information and people from one place to another was on horseback, and on dirt roads (roads if you were lucky). We could update the timeline, have this all done before Congress leaves for Christmas break and have the Inauguration on New Year's.

Yeah, when this whole thing was devised, the speediest way to get information and people from one place to another was on horseback, and on dirt roads (roads if you were lucky). We could update the timeline, have this all done before Congress leaves for Christmas break and have the Inauguration on New Year's.
One would think that the greatest nation on earth could modernize it's internal systems when there is clearly no reason for it to take 2 months and 3 days to determine who won an election even if everything were decided on election night.

CBS News reports further:

"BREAKING: Several senators, led by Senator Ted Cruz, say they will reject the Electoral College results unless a commission is appointed to conduct a 10-day audit of the results. Congress is set to count the Electoral College votes on January 6"

Last edited:

yeeehawley

House Republicans will object to Biden's win. Will they also object to all the House Republican wins on the same ballots?

Doubt it. As most of the fraudulent ballots harvested, had NO down ballot marks.
There wasn't enough time to mark them in, idjit!

I love this. Having senators on record will surely be something they will have to defend during their next primary/election.

An attempt to circumvent the will of the American people without facts to substantiate the claim(s) will be ammo for incumbent challengers.

Watch just how many Republican senators admit the election was fair and free of widespread fraud, thus voting to uphold the results. This will in fact pry Trump away from the Republican party and place him on an island (with the RWNJs) all alone.

This is only going to come down to a handful of seats. Democrats likely win in Pennsylvania. Ron Johnson is toast in Wisconsin.

Forum List

Back