🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jubilant Mitch McConnell Does The Right Thing! Cuts Stimulus Unemployment Benefits By $400.00

This was the best way to go. I have some renter's who I've got ready for eviction between the 1st and 5th. They knew this was coming but was complacent thinking they would get an unemployment extension. Luckily I have some new hard working families ready to move in.

When the Democrats take over Washington your ass will in big trouble. The Republican proposal is bullshit. It will turn a recession into a depression. That $600 a week is one of the reasons the economy has not totally collapsed. Let us see Republican Senators live in $200 a week.

They won't be living on $200 a week. They'll be living on what they would have normally received in unemployment PLUS $200 a week.

We need to keep the program as is. Worth noting that the Democrat proposal ratchets the amount down as the unemployment rate drops. It has succeeded in it's goal of pumping money into the economy. Also many businesses are getting big tax breaks that extend into the next year.

The Democrat proposal is a massive waste of money. We need to go the McConnell route. People will just have to minimize their living standards.

The Republicans are absolutely correct on this one. There are reports everywhere that employers cannot get their employees back. They make more money on UE with that 600 extra check every week than they did working.

When people are not working, it has an effect on unemployment levels and the economy in general. The Democrats knew that people are not going back to work and wanted to keep it that way. So I'm really surprised that they compromised.

Says the guy living off the government tit as he posts what he believes others should get!!

Damn right. That's what you get for working your entire life.

But people that have worked their entire life and are laid off due to no fault of their own deserve whatever you say they should. HYPOCRITE much?

Not at all. We have a system as to what is owed to you when unemployed. What if we had no virus and the economy just got real slow? Should we be paying people more to not work than work?

Like I said, I'm all for helping people out who need help, but I'm not for making their life a party because of all this free money, which is going to have to be repaid by some people at some time. In our state if you made a fair wage, you get ab out 400 bucks a week. That's enough. If it doesn't pay the bills, it inspires you to look for ways to do better. Right now, if you're making 1K a week sitting at home, why should you go back to work or find something else?

96% of the people were i am working came back to work when called. We were making more laid off without taxes of course. This whole most people won't go back to work shit is just that, shit.

I disagree, because the internet is loaded with those stories. If you'd like me to, I'll dig them up and post some.

A late friend of mine used to work at the still mills downtown. When he got laid off, he collected 90% of his pay, plus unemployment. His sister owned a cleaning company with her husband. To stay occupied, he worked with her under the table.

Do you think he was anxious to go back to work? Of course not. It defies common sense. Between working with his sister under the table, unemployment, and layoff pay at 90%, he was making twice as much not working at the mills than working.

It's like Rush Limbaugh said so many times before: If you pay people NOT to work, don't be too surprised when they don't.

I have living proof, you have the internet.
Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

Rush freaking Limbaugh, does he still believe people addicted to drugs should be jailed? Wonder why he changed his tune?

MAGA MAGA!!!!

This was the best way to go. I have some renter's who I've got ready for eviction between the 1st and 5th. They knew this was coming but was complacent thinking they would get an unemployment extension. Luckily I have some new hard working families ready to move in.
:auiqs.jpg:

Nobody believes your ridiculous story.

Idiot Stormfront refugees like you are hilarious. You are just as stupid as the TDS afflicted morons. And everybody here knows it.

You really have no way of knowing whether or not it's true but I assume you don't like the tone and tenor of the story anyway.

I won't be evicting my own tenants
But I'm pretty upset with them but they didn't use the time they were given to get their shit together. as it is I'm going to give them some extra time anyway I've known them for a long time and I want to help them...... But they have to realize that when it's their turn they also have to help me. That's how it works.

Jo

If they have the ability to pay either because they are working or getting the government handout, it's stupid to saddle yourself with debt you will be paying for for months. They allowed us to not pay property tax for a while, but once I got the bill, I paid it in full. I don't want anything hanging over my head whether it's permitted or not.
Exactly! This is the credit card culture at work.... I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today....

J WELLINGTON WIMPY

Jo

You don't have renters.

Based on what?

Based on he just doesn't like the idea that people should pay their bills.
Save the money for ganja and parties.
Rent???? What the hell rent?

Jo

When the Democrats take over Washington your ass will in big trouble. The Republican proposal is bullshit. It will turn a recession into a depression. That $600 a week is one of the reasons the economy has not totally collapsed. Let us see Republican Senators live in $200 a week.

They won't be living on $200 a week. They'll be living on what they would have normally received in unemployment PLUS $200 a week.

We need to keep the program as is. Worth noting that the Democrat proposal ratchets the amount down as the unemployment rate drops. It has succeeded in it's goal of pumping money into the economy. Also many businesses are getting big tax breaks that extend into the next year.

The Democrat proposal is a massive waste of money. We need to go the McConnell route. People will just have to minimize their living standards.

The Republicans are absolutely correct on this one. There are reports everywhere that employers cannot get their employees back. They make more money on UE with that 600 extra check every week than they did working.

When people are not working, it has an effect on unemployment levels and the economy in general. The Democrats knew that people are not going back to work and wanted to keep it that way. So I'm really surprised that they compromised.

Says the guy living off the government tit as he posts what he believes others should get!!

But people that have worked their entire life and are laid off due to no fault of their own deserve whatever you say they should. HYPOCRITE much?

Not at all. We have a system as to what is owed to you when unemployed. What if we had no virus and the economy just got real slow? Should we be paying people more to not work than work?

Like I said, I'm all for helping people out who need help, but I'm not for making their life a party because of all this free money, which is going to have to be repaid by some people at some time. In our state if you made a fair wage, you get ab out 400 bucks a week. That's enough. If it doesn't pay the bills, it inspires you to look for ways to do better. Right now, if you're making 1K a week sitting at home, why should you go back to work or find something else?

96% of the people were i am working came back to work when called. We were making more laid off without taxes of course. This whole most people won't go back to work shit is just that, shit.

I disagree, because the internet is loaded with those stories. If you'd like me to, I'll dig them up and post some.

A late friend of mine used to work at the still mills downtown. When he got laid off, he collected 90% of his pay, plus unemployment. His sister owned a cleaning company with her husband. To stay occupied, he worked with her under the table.

Do you think he was anxious to go back to work? Of course not. It defies common sense. Between working with his sister under the table, unemployment, and layoff pay at 90%, he was making twice as much not working at the mills than working.

It's like Rush Limbaugh said so many times before: If you pay people NOT to work, don't be too surprised when they don't.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

Rush freaking Limbaugh, does he still believe people addicted to drugs should be jailed? Wonder why he changed his tune?

MAGA MAGA!!!!

Rush is brilliant because he rattles your cage on the left by telling the truth. Your "proof" is anecdotal. Yes, the internet has many stories of employers having a hard time getting their workers back.

You work at a store that gets closed down, or gets very slow and you get laid off. You made $12.00 an hour which after taxes, leaves you with about 300 some odd dollars a week. You get on unemployment that pays you 300 dollars, and the feds add another 600 dollars on top of that.

Hmmmm, let's see: work 40 hours a week for $480 gross, or stay home, not work, for $900.00 gross a week. Do you really think there is any real choice here? Keep in mind, that with the $900.00 a week, you are also not paying into SS or Medicare either as you would working your store job.

This is not laziness, this is human nature. I'm sure a lot of these people are not lazy at all, but if you can double your income by staying home, you will find things to do in the yard and house to keep you occupied. If somebody offered you a job making 70% more than you are making today, and it's almost exactly the same job, would you not go and work for that company?

Your job probably pays closer to what unemployment pays which is why your employer had less problems than that store owner or restaurant getting employees back. Everybody wants to make more money regardless how they have to do it.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

Rush is brilliant because he rattles your cage on the left by telling the truth. Your "proof" is anecdotal. Yes, the internet has many stories of employers having a hard time getting their workers back.

You work at a store that gets closed down, or gets very slow and you get laid off. You made $12.00 an hour which after taxes, leaves you with about 300 some odd dollars a week. You get on unemployment that pays you 300 dollars, and the feds add another 600 dollars on top of that.

Hmmmm, let's see: work 40 hours a week for $480 gross, or stay home, not work, for $900.00 gross a week. Do you really think there is any real choice here? Keep in mind, that with the $900.00 a week, you are also not paying into SS or Medicare either as you would working your store job.

This is not laziness, this is human nature. I'm sure a lot of these people are not lazy at all, but if you can double your income by staying home, you will find things to do in the yard and house to keep you occupied. If somebody offered you a job making 70% more than you are making today, and it's almost exactly the same job, would you not go and work for that company?

Your job probably pays closer to what unemployment pays which is why your employer had less problems than that store owner or restaurant getting employees back. Everybody wants to make more money regardless how they have to do it.

Rush rattles no cages, other than RWNJ's everyone knows he is as big an assclown as Agent Orange.

You have the internet, I have the real world.

MAGA!!!!

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

Rush rattles no cages, other than RWNJ's everyone knows he is as big an assclown as Agent Orange.

MAGA!!!!

Therefore, you are right and all those reports on the internet are wrong. Gotcha.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

Therefore, you are right and all those reports on the internet are wrong. Gotcha.

Know men on plenty of other jobs around the country that were shutdown and since restarted with very similar results. So I am saying the right wing nutter version seems to not be so true.

Notice you left Rushie out.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

Know men on plenty of other jobs around the country that were shutdown and since restarted with very similar results. So I am saying the right wing nutter version seems to not be so true.

The OP is not about Rush.

Because what you're familiar with, it must not be happening and those business owners are lying, is that what you're trying to tell me?

Again, it depends on the difference between your wages and what you get on unemployment. If a worker is only getting one or two hundred dollars more by trying to stay on unemployment, their job is probably more important to them. If it's paying much, much better, and you really don't care if you lose the job because it didn't pay that well anyway, it's stupid not to try and stay on unemployment.

State unemployment pays enough to get you by, even if some sacrifices need to be made. In that situation, you will look for work, or go back as soon as possible to your previous job when called. While we need to help people, at the same time, we don't want to discourage them from going back to work. If anything, we want to encourage them, and paying them much more to not work than work can't accomplish that. The Congress and President settled for $200.00 more a week, and that's more than generous, especially given our massively growing debt.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

Because what you're familiar with, it must not be happening and those business owners are lying, is that what you're trying to tell me?

Again, it depends on the difference between your wages and what you get on unemployment. If a worker is only getting one or two hundred dollars more by trying to stay on unemployment, their job is probably more important to them. If it's paying much, much better, and you really don't care if you lose the job because it didn't pay that well anyway, it's stupid not to try and stay on unemployment.

State unemployment pays enough to get you by, even if some sacrifices need to be made. In that situation, you will look for work, or go back as soon as possible to your previous job when called. While we need to help people, at the same time, we don't want to discourage them from going back to work. If anything, we want to encourage them, and paying them much more to not work than work can't accomplish that. The Congress and President settled for $200.00 more a week, and that's more than generous, especially given our massively growing debt.

So all these workers are to dumb to make more money on unemployment and would rather work.

And it was YOU that brought up Rushie first if you will remember.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

So all these workers are to dumb to make more money on unemployment and would rather work.

And I also dropped talking about Rushie which your response was to bring him up again.

Getting unemployment is not dumb or smart. It's simply there. If unemployment doesn't pay substantially better, then it's smarter to go back when called. If it pays much, much better, then it makes sense to try and stay on UE as long as government is giving away the goodies.

If you have a good job and ignore phone messages, emails, texts, and even snail mail to try and stay on unemployment, then it's likely the employer will give up and you will never work for that company again. In the end, when you do exhaust all your benefits, you will likely be working for less money and a crappier company. Therefore in the long run, it's better to go back to your employer when called.

If you are a cook or busboy at Denny's making 10 bucks an hour, you more than doubled your wage by being unemployed, and if the employer gives up on contacting you, you can easily replace that job. You make out in the end.

That's the difference.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

And I also dropped talking about Rushie which your response was to bring him up again.

Getting unemployment is not dumb or smart. It's simply there. If unemployment doesn't pay substantially better, then it's smarter to go back when called. If it pays much, much better, then it makes sense to try and stay on UE as long as government is giving away the goodies.

If you have a good job and ignore phone messages, emails, texts, and even snail mail to try and stay on unemployment, then it's likely the employer will give up and you will never work for that company again. In the end, when you do exhaust all your benefits, you will likely be working for less money and a crappier company. Therefore in the long run, it's better to go back to your employer when called.

If you are a cook or busboy at Denny's making 10 bucks an hour, you more than doubled your wage by being unemployed, and if the employer gives up on contacting you, you can easily replace that job. You make out in the end.

That's the difference.

I and all in my trade could shit on every company we work for. We travel all over this country (and in some cases the world if u so choose) yet a huge percentage are back to work. The wingnut logic is leaking like the Titanic and going under.

With up to 30,000,000 newly unemployed it sounds like it may be a good idea right now to keep elevated benefits, but not to rightwingers. Somebody might get something you won’t and that just won't do.

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

That's the difference.

I and all in my trade could shit on every company we work for. We travel all over this country (and in some cases the world if u so choose) yet a huge percentage are back to work. The wingnut logic is leaking like the Titanic and going under.

With up to 30,000,000 newly unemployed it sounds like it may be a good idea right now to keep elevated benefits, but not to rightwingers. Somebody might get something you won’t and that just won't do.

Actually, we have a problem with debt which is what I'm really worried about. It was bad before, but it's out of control now. When we can no longer pay the interest on this debt, our country collapses like Venezuela because nobody will lend us any more money. If and when that happens, it will make what's going on today look like a walk in the park.

Without a doubt it's going to take government money to get us through this, but we can't be paying people what's equal to 60K a year to stay home and party. We have to spend this money sparingly because we don't know how long this thing is going to last, or what damage it's going to do.

We've been in bad economic conditions many times before. We pulled through them without spending trillions of dollars, and we can do it again. Our employers pay into unemployment. It's like insurance of any other kind. You indirectly contribute to it, and if need be, you collect what's promised to you.

he only likely picked $200 because he plans on settling for $400 vs the $600....

the $600 was not really for those workers laid off, but for all the bills they have to pay.... like rent and mortgages, so the extra bucks given to them, is really a stimulus, that affects the landlord, or bank that holds your mortgage.... or a stimulus for the grocery store that they buy their food from..... or for the electric comany they owe for their electricity etc.....

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

That's the difference.

Actually, we have a problem with debt which is what I'm really worried about. It was bad before, but it's out of control now. When we can no longer pay the interest on this debt, our country collapses like Venezuela because nobody will lend us any more money. If and when that happens, it will make what's going on today look like a walk in the park.

Without a doubt it's going to take government money to get us through this, but we can't be paying people what's equal to 60K a year to stay home and party. We have to spend this money sparingly because we don't know how long this thing is going to last, or what damage it's going to do.

We've been in bad economic conditions many times before. We pulled through them without spending trillions of dollars, and we can do it again. Our employers pay into unemployment. It's like insurance of any other kind. You indirectly contribute to it, and if need be, you collect what's promised to you.

they are borrowing this at near zero percent interest, I believe? That won't hurt us as much as some of the other money we have borrowed at higher interest rates.... I think?

Uhm MAGA!!!!!!

MAGA MAGA!!!!

MAGA!!!!

That's the difference.

they are borrowing this at near zero percent interest, I believe? That won't hurt us as much as some of the other money we have borrowed at higher interest rates.... I think?

Yes, because interest rates are down now. But what happens if inflation takes over? Unless we pay back this money, it's going to have to be refinanced.

If it were up to me, I would have a national consumption tax when this is all over to repay some of this money. Say 10 cents on the dollar. Almost half of our population doesn't pay any income tax--where the money comes from to pay these debts. I think in our situation, we need to get everybody to pay.

he only likely picked $200 because he plans on settling for $400 vs the $600....

the $600 was not really for those workers laid off, but for all the bills they have to pay.... like rent and mortgages, so the extra bucks given to them, is really a stimulus, that affects the landlord, or bank that holds your mortgage.... or a stimulus for the grocery store that they buy their food from..... or for the electric comany they owe for their electricity etc.....

That's what your state unemployment is for.

Idiot Stormfront refugees like you are hilarious. You are just as stupid as the TDS afflicted morons. And everybody here knows it.

You really have no way of knowing whether or not it's true but I assume you don't like the tone and tenor of the story anyway.

But I'm pretty upset with them but they didn't use the time they were given to get their shit together. as it is I'm going to give them some extra time anyway I've known them for a long time and I want to help them...... But they have to realize that when it's their turn they also have to help me. That's how it works.

Jo
As a landlord have been carrying one renter for many months, its a tough spot to be in, we need smarter people running things & I DONT care what party there from. this crazy single minded one way thinking is killing us all.

So here are the options....One the republicans extend the $600.00 unemployment and win in November, or two they don't and democrats win the Presidency and both houses. We can be assured the democrats will eliminate the filibuster and the minimum wage will go to $15.00, the borders will open, and we will be paying more for "green energy".

Jo
As a landlord have been carrying one renter for many months, its a tough spot to be in, we need smarter people running things & I DONT care what party there from. this crazy single minded one way thinking is killing us all.
I know exactly how it is. This is not the first time I've had tenets suddenly have trouble paying the rent. Back in 2001 General Mills shut down their Cheerios factory. And I had rented apartments very conveniently located near the plant to several people who worked there.

Actually, I would encourage tenets who worked at General Mills to get their co-workers to rent an apartment by giving them a $100 finders fee. Because I figured that they had a steady secure job. That factory had been a fixture in this city since way before I was even born.

Then they closed their doors an laid off hundreds of workers.

Suddenly a bunch of my tenants were struggling to pay the rent. Ever since then I haven't rented to a bunch of people who have the same source of income. It's like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

I'm facing a similar thing right now. Only this time I have several tenants from various walks of life who can't pay their rent because the government shut down the economy and some people are falling through the holes in the social safety net. It's nothing like what happened it 2001, but still a concern.

So here are the options....One the republicans extend the $600.00 unemployment and win in November, or two they don't and democrats win the Presidency and both houses. We can be assured the democrats will eliminate the filibuster and the minimum wage will go to $15.00, the borders will open, and we will be paying more for "green energy".

I really don't think the extra 600 bucks will be a main issue in the election. A lot of people realize it's a ridiculous amount of money to be paying people who are laid off. Our main focus is on this virus, the advancements being made, and the future going forward. It's likely this is not going to last forever. In fact, one company producing the vaccine is in their final stages of testing, with 30,000 doses given to people in Arizona as we write.

The real question is, once this IS over, who is the best candidate to rebuild what we lost? Who is likely the best man to bring us back to economic success?

Forum List

Back