Judaism 101

I'm curious if you know what the Tower of Babel is all about. I have a sneaking suspicion you don't.
9 verses packed with a mixture of communism and corporate fasicm.
Amazing the effect that 9 verses can have and yet no one learns the lessons of valuing individualism within a collective.
So you don't know what it is about. Amazing.
Like you know better.
The Itzbashitz, Chasam Sofer, Chazon Ish, Vilna Gaon, etc... woild make mince meat out of you.
Yeah, I do. I amazed you don't know what it is about.

Would you say your knowledge of the Torah is below or above average?
Super way above average and the Tower has zero to do with Jesus.
We’re always trying to build towers and in the processes we bait in the slaves to keep assembling the iPhones or “bricking the bricks”.

I bet you don’t even know the meanings of the words or the grammar.
The English translations, even the Artscroll, are horrendous.
I didn't say the account of the Tower of Babel did have anything to do with Jesus. It doesn't. I just said you don't know what it is about because you obviously don't.

So if your knowledge is way above average, that is really quite sad. Let me know if you want me to teach you what it is about. For the record, I really shouldn't know what it was about. I can only assume the one true God wanted me to know.

9 verses packed with a mixture of communism and corporate fasicm.
Amazing the effect that 9 verses can have and yet no one learns the lessons of valuing individualism within a collective.
Like you know better.
The Itzbashitz, Chasam Sofer, Chazon Ish, Vilna Gaon, etc... woild make mince meat out of you.

We’re always trying to build towers and in the processes we bait in the slaves to keep assembling the iPhones or “bricking the bricks”.

I didn't say the account of the Tower of Babel did have anything to do with Jesus. It doesn't. I just said you don't know what it is about because you obviously don't.

So if your knowledge is way above average, that is really quite sad. Let me know if you want me to teach you what it is about. For the record, I really shouldn't know what it was about. I can only assume the one true God wanted me to know.
Sure cupcake.
People seeking out “the lowest valley” to build “the highest tower” to “make a name for themselves”.

Take a shot; it’ll probably be a 500 year old explanation from a kabbalist.

Like you know better.

Sure cupcake.
People seeking out “the lowest valley” to build “the highest tower” to “make a name for themselves”.

Nope. Not even close. Now I am wondering who told you that and why they don't know.

Do you want a hint so you can pretend you knew all along?

Like you know better.

Sure cupcake.

Nope. Not even close. Now I am wondering who told you that and why they don't know.

Let me tell you something; I’ve got a wall full of meforshim you’ve never heard of and TorahAnytime that has dozens of Rabbis teaching mforshim that won’t be in print for for anyone least another 5-10 years.
I could give you the last 40 different lectures on the Tower I heard last year but my fingers would fall off.

The beauty of the Torah is that it’s infinite.

Like you know better.

Sure cupcake.

You’re a disrespectful piece of shit who is getting close to being on my Ignore List.
It would sad because I’m one if the few people who put up with you.

Sure cupcake.

Let me tell you something; I’ve got a wall full of meforshim you’ve never heard of and TorahAnytime that has dozens of Rabbis teaching mforshim that won’t be in print for for anyone least another 5-10 years.
I could give you the last 40 different lectures on the Tower I heard last year but my fingers would fall off.

There is no mystical undertone to it. There is no hidden meaning. Except it is hidden from you and apparently all of your people. There aren't 40 different explanations.

Sure cupcake.

You’re a disrespectful piece of shit who is getting close to being on my Ignore List.
You don't like it when it is done back to you? How surprising. Not.

The Power of Speech
Judaism is intensely aware of the power of speech and of the harm that can be done through speech. The rabbis note that the universe itself was created through speech. Of the 43 sins enumerated in the Al Cheit confession recited onYom Kippur, 11 are sins committed through speech. The Talmud tells that the tongue is an instrument so dangerous that it must be kept hidden from view, behind two protective walls (the mouth and teeth) to prevent its misuse.

The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired. For this reason, some sources indicate that there is no forgiveness for lashon ha-ra (disparaging speech). This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the seriousness of improper speech. A Chasidic tale vividly illustrates the danger of improper speech: A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers."

Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray.

Judaism 101: Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra

Sure cupcake.

There is no mystical undertone to it. There is no hidden meaning. Except it is hidden from you and apparently all of your people. There aren't 40 different explanations.
Saying that the Infinite Creator/Sustainer provided us with a view of a moral turning point in history is blasphemous and downright stupid.

The Power of Speech
Judaism is intensely aware of the power of speech and of the harm that can be done through speech. The rabbis note that the universe itself was created through speech. Of the 43 sins enumerated in the Al Cheit confession recited onYom Kippur, 11 are sins committed through speech. The Talmud tells that the tongue is an instrument so dangerous that it must be kept hidden from view, behind two protective walls (the mouth and teeth) to prevent its misuse.

The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired. For this reason, some sources indicate that there is no forgiveness for lashon ha-ra (disparaging speech). This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the seriousness of improper speech. A Chasidic tale vividly illustrates the danger of improper speech: A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers."

Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray.

Wrong...
See Rambam who is the decider of this halacha.

Sure cupcake.

Don’t like what?
I listen to so many explanations because God is the ultimate enjoyment.

Sure cupcake.

Don’t like what?
Yes, God is the ultimate enjoyment. Finally something we can agree upon.

You don't like it when people are disrespectful to you. I don't like it when people are disrespectful of my beliefs. That's why I don't disrespect your beliefs, just you. When you can be respectful of my beliefs, I will be respectful of you.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks. Your call.

Sure cupcake.

Don’t like what?

You don't like it when people are disrespectful to you. I don't like it when people are disrespectful of my beliefs. That's why I don't disrespect your beliefs, just you. When you can be respectful of my beliefs, I will be respectful of you.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks. Your call.
When Tanach, the word of God, is perverted, those who recognize the perversion are required to educate those who are perverting the word of God.

The Power of Speech

Wrong...
There is nothing wrong about it. That's why you don't act like an asshole (use poor speech) to people you like. Why? Because it is wrong. It's also why you don't like it when it is done to you. Because it is wrong. But when it is you doing it, you rationalize that you aren't doing wrong.

Adam did you eat the apple?

The woman YOU made gave it to me.

This is Adam rationalizing that he didn't do wrong. Of course we all know he did wrong because he hid when he heard God coming. Man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't do wrong.

Don’t like what?

When Tanach, the word of God, is perverted, those who recognize the perversion are required to educate those who are perverting the word of God.
This is you rationalizing your bad behaviors. Nazi's did that too, you know.

Don’t like what?

Sounds to me like you want to keep the status quo. That's your mistake to make.

Don’t like what?

That is also you proselytizing. Of course since you keep your beliefs secret it's like you are a robber bird who never has to defend his nest.

Homie don't play that game.

The Power of Speech

Wrong...
There is nothing wrong about it. That's why you don't act like an asshole (use poor speech) to people you like. Why? Because it is wrong. It's also why you don't like it when it is done to you. Because it is wrong. But when it is you doing it, you rationalize that you aren't doing wrong.

This is Adam rationalizing that he didn't do wrong. Of course we all know he did wrong because he hid when he heard God coming. Man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't do wrong.
It wasn’t necessarily an apple.
There is a Talmudic discussion on the “nature” of the Tree and it’s “fruit”.

The Power of Speech

Wrong...

It wasn’t necessarily an apple.
There is a Talmudic discussion on the “nature” of the Tree and it’s “fruit”.
It doesn't change the point, now does it?

Have you always practiced critical theory?

Forum List

Back