Judge Judy...Eric Trump Foundation.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I am watching Judge Judy rant about The Eric Trump Foundation having to close for political reasons. The money that goes through the foundation goes primarilary to Saint Jude.

My questions for Eric Trump? Can't you continue your good work by simply raising money directly for Saint Jude? Why does the money need to go through your foundation? Just have the people that give write their checks directly to Saint Jude rather than the Eric Trump Foundation.

Why should he?
Why should he what? Close his foundation? He is closing it because of optics. So that the left will not claim that people are giving to the foundation for political favors.

Why should he?
Why should he what? Close his foundation? He is closing it because of optics. So that the left will not claim that people are giving to the foundation for political favors.
Cowtowing to another's agenda is cowardly and gives a very poor impression of what he is doing.

It isn't as simple as that. If you listened, did you not hear her mention an example of his working so hard to get extra pennies on a product? In other words, getting companies to agree to donating a portion of their sales to St. Jude. He wasn't just asking for people to write checks. His foundation worked on finding every way companies might be willing to donate. Involving the general public, etc, to help those donations grow even more.
I am watching Judge Judy rant about The Eric Trump Foundation having to close for political reasons. The money that goes through the foundation goes primarilary to Saint Jude.

My questions for Eric Trump? Can't you continue your good work by simply raising money directly for Saint Jude? Why does the money need to go through your foundation? Just have the people that give write their checks directly to Saint Jude rather than the Eric Trump Foundation.

Judge Judy (whom I like by the way ... a lot)

Judge Judy talking about money?

wow:rolleyes:

Are you sure you're talking about Judge Judy? I believe you meant to Judge Jeanine Pirro.

CeUcn97UEAAcCWH.jpg

Are you sure you're talking about Judge Judy? I believe you meant to Judge Jeanine Pirro.

I like Judge Jeanine a lot too! she is amazing!

It isn't as simple as that. If you listened, did you not hear her mention an example of his working so hard to get extra pennies on a product? In other words, getting companies to agree to donating a portion of their sales to St. Jude. He wasn't just asking for people to write checks. His foundation worked on finding every way companies might be willing to donate. Involving the general public, etc, to help those donations grow even more.

So, that still does not explain why those donations could not be given directly to Saint Jude.
When companies donate a portion of there sales, why not give it directly to Saint Jude.

tumblr_mbybmqVSPD1rpcgwq.gif

Hospital Confirms Eric Trump Helped Raise $16.3 Million for It

Oops.... Not Judge Judy..... It's Judge Jeanine.

tumblr_mbybmqVSPD1rpcgwq.gif

Hospital Confirms Eric Trump Helped Raise $16.3 Million for It
Thanks for the link, but not for the "Shhhhh". This is a discussion board. If you don't want people to have discussions then go f%#k yourself.

From the link:
The Trump Organization will continue to raise money for St. Jude from patrons at its hotels and golf courses, Mr. Trump said. But it will ask them to make contributions directly to the hospital, he said, instead of first sending the money to the Trump Organization.

So it seems he is going to do exactly as I suggested. So is closing the Trump foundation really that big of a deal?

You are right.

Thanks for the link, but not for the "Shhhhh". This is a discussion board. If you don't want people to have discussions then go f%#k yourself.

Um, I just don't take nicely to people making suggestive claims. What I gathered was that you were/are suggesting that he might be have doing something shady with the money. What made me gather that?

"Why does the money need to go through your foundation?"

For the record, I have no issues with discussions. I'm not the damned free speech police.

So it seems he is going to do exactly as I suggested. So is closing the Trump foundation really that big of a deal?

He was probably going to do this before you "suggested it".

And it is quite a big deal closing down a foundation that donates money to an organization which helps needy children with life altering diseases.

So, that still does not explain why those donations could not be given directly to Saint Jude.
When companies donate a portion of there sales, why not give it directly to Saint Jude.

It often increases sales when people know a portion goes to a worthy cause. People still purchase a product, the company stays strong by making profits and the charities benefit. It a win for all.

St. Jude helps children and doesn't bill families. It's a great thing and we should keep it going.

I purchase items every year knowing that a good portion goes to charity. Yes, I do also give to charity but it is easier when companies participate. It ends up with more people giving.

Kmart was once offering ornaments for a $5 donation. I made the donation but didn't take the ornament. It might have been for St. Judes. Truth is that the charity likely would not have gotten anything from me without the store participating because I don't have time to check them all out.

A lot of people don't have time to look up individual charities and decide which ones to donate to.

This is a system that works well and everyone is happy so it would be a shame to end it. I think donations will seriously decrease if it's left up to people to research and choose ones to donate to. When companies donate part of the profits, people like that and might be more apt to shop there.

Unfortunately, the pay to play shady Clinton Foundation has cause many to mistrust foundations.

Only a tiny percent of money taken in by the Clinton Foundation went to help people. And they took in money from a lot of different countries who just happened to need a favor from Sec of State Clinton.

you make it sound easy, but it's not. There can also be advantages for those donors who wish to remain anonymous, and those that prefer the foundation control how it's donations are distributed, rather than have to take the time themselves to see where the money is best applied.
There can be a number of advantages to a donor to go through a foundation they feel they can trust.
It isn't as simple as that. If you listened, did you not hear her mention an example of his working so hard to get extra pennies on a f he hires these iproduct? In other words, getting companies to agree to donating a portion of their sales to St. Jude. He wasn't just asking for people to write checks. His foundation worked on finding every way companies might be willing to donate. Involving the general public, etc, to help those donations grow even more.

Forum List

Back