Judge Judy...Eric Trump Foundation.

CeUcn97UEAAcCWH.jpg

Judge Judy is one of my heroes. She is brilliant. She is funny. She is a no-nonsense promoter of individual responsibility but she is also a very compassionate person. In her book Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining, she talks of some of the problems she encountered and solved in her many years on the bench. Two examples stand out in my mind.

The first case involved a mother of three children who had successfully completed a drug treatment program. She had been clean for 18 months and wanted her children back. Judge Judy was happy for her and agreed the family should be reunited but there was a problem: the woman did not have an apartment and inept government bureaucracy kept misplacing the paperwork necessary for her to get one. Frustrated, Judge Judy made a “little birdie” call to a reporter from the New York Times who printed the mother's story. “Within 48 hours of this embarrassing article the bureaucracy became energized, found the paperwork and helped her secure an apartment” (p. 227).

The second case involved a a lot of people. Judges in New York were finding fathers guilty of sexually abusing their daughters based upon chlamydia test results. But the results were based upon tests that were legally irrelevant in proving the presence of chlamydia. There is no doubt that many innocent fathers lost their liberty, their reputation and their family because of these flawed tests. Things came to a screeching halt after Judge Judy got such a case.

A two-year-old girl tested positive for chlamydia. The parents appeared to be caring and responsible, but the lawyers didn't seem to be competent so Judge Judy ordered a doctor from the hospital where the test was performed to testify. She was astonished with what she discovered. It turned out there were two types of tests given. One took just a day to get the results and costs only $10. However, these test results were a nonspecific test for infection and insufficient to establish the presence of chlamydia. The other test took 5 days to complete and cost $150. This tests was a reliable indicator of chlamydia and could be used as evidence of sexual abuse.

The problem is that this particular child was tested on June 1 and the was reported positive for chlamydia on June 2, so the test she was given was the one-day $10 test which was, from a legal perspective, completely worthless. However, even though it was the much cheaper and unreliable test the city was billed for $150, the price of the legally significant test. Judge Judy then reviewed other similar cases and found out the testing facilities were engaged in a scam. She concluded, “Our great sex abuse scare was driven by dollars and cents. The laboratories had acted unethically. They had bilked both insurance and Medicaid. We in the courts, relying on their findings, had destroyed families. Once this game was uncovered, the practice was quickly halted. I have not seen a chlamydia case in years” (pp. 168, 169).

Judge Judy. Ya gotta love her.

Thanks for the link, but not for the "Shhhhh". This is a discussion board. If you don't want people to have discussions then go f%#k yourself.

Um, I just don't take nicely to people making suggestive claims. What I gathered was that you were/are suggesting that he might be have doing something shady with the money. What made me gather that?

"Why does the money need to go through your foundation?"

For the record, I have no issues with discussions. I'm not the damned free speech police.

So it seems he is going to do exactly as I suggested. So is closing the Trump foundation really that big of a deal?

He was probably going to do this before you "suggested it".

And it is quite a big deal closing down a foundation that donates money to an organization which helps needy children with life altering diseases.
I was making no suggestive claims. I personally would love for him to keep the foundation open. The reason I started this thread is because Judge Jeanine was ranting as if Saint Jude would be loosing all future donations that would be going through the EF foundation. So my point is that Eric Trump doesn't need a foundation to be able to raise money for Saint Jude. The good work can continue.

It's a good thing Judge Judy has

like 10 children

and 100 grand children lol

so

her money will be distributed

like in a

fair

way

so to speak

It isn't as simple as that. If you listened, did you not hear her mention an example of his working so hard to get extra pennies on a product? In other words, getting companies to agree to donating a portion of their sales to St. Jude. He wasn't just asking for people to write checks. His foundation worked on finding every way companies might be willing to donate. Involving the general public, etc, to help those donations grow even more.
I am watching Judge Judy rant about The Eric Trump Foundation having to close for political reasons. The money that goes through the foundation goes primarilary to Saint Jude.

My questions for Eric Trump? Can't you continue your good work by simply raising money directly for Saint Jude? Why does the money need to go through your foundation? Just have the people that give write their checks directly to Saint Jude rather than the Eric Trump Foundation.
So, that still does not explain why those donations could not be given directly to Saint Jude.
When companies donate a portion of there sales, why not give it directly to Saint Jude.

Gosh, no one ever suggested that countries who donated to the Clinton Foundation could have just donated to specific charities. Of course, they weren't interested in charities, they were interested in favors from Sec of State Clinton. Why don't you have a lib explain why the Clinton Foundation was necessary but not the Trump Foundation, despite the Trumps giving more of the donated money to actual charities.

you make it sound easy, but it's not. There can also be advantages for those donors who wish to remain anonymous, and those that prefer the foundation control how it's donations are distributed, rather than have to take the time themselves to see where the money is best applied.
There can be a number of advantages to a donor to go through a foundation they feel they can trust.
It isn't as simple as that. If you listened, did you not hear her mention an example of his working so hard to get extra pennies on a f he hires these iproduct? In other words, getting companies to agree to donating a portion of their sales to St. Jude. He wasn't just asking for people to write checks. His foundation worked on finding every way companies might be willing to donate. Involving the general public, etc, to help those donations grow even more.
I am watching Judge Judy rant about The Eric Trump Foundation having to close for political reasons. The money that goes through the foundation goes primarilary to Saint Jude.

My questions for Eric Trump? Can't you continue your good work by simply raising money directly for Saint Jude? Why does the money need to go through your foundation? Just have the people that give write their checks directly to Saint Jude rather than the Eric Trump Foundation.
So, that still does not explain why those donations could not be given directly to Saint Jude.
When companies donate a portion of there sales, why not give it directly to Saint Jude.
So you think Saint Jude can't provide those same advantages directly?

Thanks for the link, but not for the "Shhhhh". This is a discussion board. If you don't want people to have discussions then go f%#k yourself.

Um, I just don't take nicely to people making suggestive claims. What I gathered was that you were/are suggesting that he might be have doing something shady with the money. What made me gather that?

For the record, I have no issues with discussions. I'm not the damned free speech police.

So it seems he is going to do exactly as I suggested. So is closing the Trump foundation really that big of a deal?

And it is quite a big deal closing down a foundation that donates money to an organization which helps needy children with life altering diseases.
I was making no suggestive claims. I personally would love for him to keep the foundation open. The reason I started this thread is because Judge Jeanine was ranting as if Saint Jude would be loosing all future donations that would be going through the EF foundation. So my point is that Eric Trump doesn't need a foundation to be able to raise money for Saint Jude. The good work can continue.

Fair enough. But like someone else in this thread has already said, it's more complicated than just giving the money straight to them. It's not like you can cut the check and say "here you go." The Foundation acts/acted as a trusted intermediary for the donors to donate the money through. Pretty wise thing to do to make sure the money goes where it's supposed to.

It isn't as simple as that. If you listened, did you not hear her mention an example of his working so hard to get extra pennies on a product? In other words, getting companies to agree to donating a portion of their sales to St. Jude. He wasn't just asking for people to write checks. His foundation worked on finding every way companies might be willing to donate. Involving the general public, etc, to help those donations grow even more.

Gosh, no one ever suggested that countries who donated to the Clinton Foundation could have just donated to specific charities. Of course, they weren't interested in charities, they were interested in favors from Sec of State Clinton. Why don't you have a lib explain why the Clinton Foundation was necessary but not the Trump Foundation, despite the Trumps giving more of the donated money to actual charities.
Not the topic of this tread, although the scandals involving the Clinton foundation probably contribute greatly to why The Eric Trump Foundation is being closed. The foundation will be too big of a target to the left even if everything is run above board.

Fair enough. But like someone else in this thread has already said, it's more complicated than just giving the money straight to them. It's not like you can cut the check and say "here you go." The Foundation acts/acted as a trusted intermediary for the donors to donate the money through. Pretty wise thing to do to make sure the money goes where it's supposed to.
According to judge Jeanine, almost all the money goes to Saint Jude. Well, then making sure the money goes to where it's suppose to isn't an issue if it's given directly to Saint Jude.

Forum List

Back