Judge rules Fulton DA Willis can stay — if Wade steps aside

Sorry, Wingnuts, while she has to fire Nathan Wade, she can stay on the case.

I'm sure Trump will appeal, because delay is all he has.

A Georgia judge ruled Friday that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis should not be disqualified from prosecuting the racketeering case against former President Donald Trump and several co-defendantswith one major condition.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee found the "appearance of impropriety" brought about by Willis' romantic relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade should result in either Willis and her office leaving the case or just Wade, who she'd appointed to head the case.

The choice is likely to be an easy one: If Willis were to remove herself, the case would come to a halt, but having Wade leave will ensure the case continues without further delay.

She no longer has credibility. Appeals on her decisions will be easy.

Nope. Why does Wade have to leave?

Yeah the ruling seems backwards, Willis should have been the one to step down. Will be interesting if this creates some drama with Wade going after Willis.
Either way I don't see how McCafe can remain as the judge on the case with his ruling.

Yeah the ruling seems backwards, Willis should have been the one to step down. Will be interesting if this creates some drama with Wade going after Willis.
Either way I don't see how McCafe can remain as the judge on the case with his ruling.
Really hard to get a judge booted.

Haven't read it yet, but the order doesn't seem to make much sense. If there was impropriety, it was on both of their parts. Seems hard to justify splitting the baby.

Loser Loser Loser. Should have picked DeSantis, then no one would care what happens to this criminal. When the cult leader dies, the cult usually dies.
Yes, we heard you the first sixteen times you chanted that.

Proof of an actual conflict wasn’t necessary - only the appearance of one. And the fact that the judge believes there IS an appearance of a conflict means both should have been sent packing.

But black females get special privilege.
Excuses excuses. I can't wait for them to start rolling when Trump and co-conspirators look inept during trial. :laugh:

Evidently not, you are still part of the Cult.
Should have picked DeSantis, then this would be page four news for you.
LOL From a cultist who believes this is the best man to lead our country

1710513346450.jpeg

Proof of an actual conflict wasn’t necessary - only the appearance of one. And the fact that the judge believes there IS an appearance of a conflict means both should have been sent packing.

That isn't what the Judge said. He clearly points out in the ruling that the "appearance of" is insufficient, it's is on the defendants to show an "actual" conflict as it pertains to their case.

Which they didn't do.

Link is to the decision.

WW

Forum List

Back