Judge rules Sackler family not off the hook.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
If this sticks it will be a great ruling. States sued but agreed to not allow individuals sue. What kind of justice was that? They get theirs but if you personally were harmed you are out of luck.

If this sticks it will be a great ruling. States sued but agreed to not allow individuals sue. What kind of justice was that? They get theirs but if you personally were harmed you are out of luck.

We had close to a hundred thousand die of opioid overdose over this last year.

Most of those being poor whites.

I hope Perdue Pharma loses a lot of money.

Those poor whites also do not have access to all of the social programs of minorities.
Give Manchin time. He'll join with the congressional Republicans and hijack the funding for those safety net programs. Those dollars will be funneled to the other multi-millionaires in congress and to the major political contributors to both Parties.

I don't see where Perdue is responsible at all.

The fact that opioids are habit forming drugs isn't exactly a state secret. I knew that 50 years ago when I was in school and they showed us a health film about some clown who was withdrawing from smack.

I'm sure doctors know about it too. That's why apothecaries require a scrip before they sell them to you.

Acting as if Perdue and other pill makers hid this is sort of silly.

The fact that opioids are habit forming drugs isn't exactly a state secret. I knew that 50 years ago when I was in school and they showed us a health film about some clown who was withdrawing from smack.

I'm sure doctors know about it too. That's why apothecaries require a scrip before they sell them to you.

Welll...yeah...about that...they we kinda marketed as non-habit forming...opiOID vs. opiATE.

Hid? They actively argued for and got doctors to tell patients it was not addictive.

Glad to see the Sackler's aren't untouchable. No one is above the law. But of course, they can probably appeal this.
Funny thing though, Fentanyl is much more dangerous, I'd like to see Biden go after China with this much passion.

But then again, Biden is China's puppet. So I don't expect Biden to even care. Seems the left is very supportive of druggies and their manufacturers.

Judge overturns deal giving Purdue Pharma’s Sackler family civil immunity from opioid claims

Thanks libs for making pain pills almost impossible to get

It must be you. I had shingles and got pain pills. (Didn't take any of them)

I had hernia surgery and got pain pills. (Didn't take any of them.)

It must be you. I had shingles and got pain pills. (Didn't take any of them)

I had hernia surgery and got pain pills. (Didn't take any of them.)
II was in the hospital after surgery on my hand. They had to put me deep cause I kept waking up which meant I had to stay the night. During the night they ran gave me three different pain meds to see which worked....Percocet, dilaudid and some sort of oxy something or other. 2 worked great, one didnt work at all, guess which one I got sent home with. People in constant heavy pain have had their lives severely impacted because DR's can no longer prescribe what is necessary to keep the pain in check they live with everyday

II was in the hospital after surgery on my hand. They had to put me deep cause I kept waking up which meant I had to stay the night. During the night they ran gave me three different pain meds to see which worked....Percocet, dilaudid and some sort of oxy something or other. 2 worked great, one didnt work at all, guess which one I got sent home with. People in constant heavy pain have had their lives severely impacted because DR's can no longer prescribe what is necessary to keep the pain in check they live with everyday

Like I said.......must be you.

You're just a regular superman, aren't you.

No, the pain wasn't terrible and I didn't want to end up a person on the internet complaining how I couldn't get pain pills any longer.

No, the pain wasn't terrible and I didn't want to end up a person on the internet complaining how I couldn't get pain pills any longer.

So you're complaining about someone complaining. You're real genius.

They are making excuses for some really lousy people.

Excuses? Dude, some people have different tolerance levels. You're acting like everyone should the same as you. Sometimes I have to take something for pain. Sometimes, I can manage without it.
What's the big deal?
You ain't superman just because you're tolerance level is different. It doesn't make you more of a man.

Forum List

Back