Julian Assange has reached a plea deal with the U.S., allowing him to go free

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So, after all the drama...an ending to the story. While I don't condone his actions, I firmly believe that he has suffered enough. If Manning is free...Assange should be, as well. After all, between prison for 5 years and being holed up in an embassy for 7 years, Assange has done a fair amount of time.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange plans to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge this week as part of a plea deal with the U.S. Justice Department that will allow him to go free after spending five years in a British prison, according to court documents.

Assange was charged by criminal information — which typically signifies a plea deal — with conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defense information, the court documents say. A letter from Justice Department official Matthew McKenzie to U.S. District Judge Ramona Manglona of the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands said that Assange would appear in court at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday (or, 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday) to plead guilty and said that DOJ expects Assange will return to Australia, his country of citizenship, after the proceedings.

"The District Court for the Northern Marianas Islands"? You gotta be kidding. They want to put the former president in prison for frivolous convictions that nobody really understands but traitors like Assange and freakazoid Manning go free. Will they end up as CNN contributors?

"The District Court for the Northern Marianas Islands"? You gotta be kidding. They want to put the former president in prison for frivolous convictions that nobody really understands but traitors like Assange and freakazoid Manning go free. Will they end up as CNN contributors?
Assange doesn't interview well..all that weirdness just bubbles out of him. It can be fun to watch...but the guy has some serious mental issues.
He'll have his day...and get paid for a bit.

Last edited:
Should have been pardoned long ago.
"Law & Order" Republicans want to pardon all the criminals.
4i6Ckte.gif

Well the second thing I can give the Biden administration credit for. (sort of).

Charges should have simply been dropped but this is at least better than what Obama or Trump did.

Well the second thing I can give the Biden administration credit for. (sort of).

Charges should have simply been dropped but this is at least better than what Obama or Trump did.
An odd factoid....it was the Trump administration that actually indicted him and sought the warrant. 17 charges of violation of the Espionage Act.
Obama let him slide~

An odd factoid....it was the Trump administration that actually indicted him and sought the warrant. 17 charges of violation of the Espionage Act.
Obama let him slide~

Don't expect me to let Obama slide.

Dressed in a dark suit, Assange said Obama had initiated more espionage proceedings cases against whistleblowers and publishers than all previous U.S. presidents combined and had made a mockery of his own words in the process.

https://www.reuters.com/article/tec...condemns-manning-verdict-obama-idUSDEE96T0JW/

Not to mention his actions against Snowden for exposing his administrations lies.

So, after all the drama...an ending to the story. While I don't condone his actions, I firmly believe that he has suffered enough. If Manning is free...Assange should be, as well. After all, between prison for 5 years and being holed up in an embassy for 7 years, Assange has done a fair amount of time.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange plans to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge this week as part of a plea deal with the U.S. Justice Department that will allow him to go free after spending five years in a British prison, according to court documents.

Assange was charged by criminal information — which typically signifies a plea deal — with conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defense information, the court documents say. A letter from Justice Department official Matthew McKenzie to U.S. District Judge Ramona Manglona of the U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands said that Assange would appear in court at 9 a.m. local time on Wednesday (or, 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday) to plead guilty and said that DOJ expects Assange will return to Australia, his country of citizenship, after the proceedings.
Fuck him.

plead guilty to a conspiracy charge...plea deal...spending five years in a British prison

Maybe he'll die in prison.

He is a convicted felon – not that it would matter to his defenders and supporters.

Forum List

Back