July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

eat shit ....

candycorn said:
I saw the pictures of the event. It looked pretty sad. I’m happy it rained on the blob.
3.4 Million In Attendance
And It Was Barely A Brief Sprinkle

candycorn said:
I saw the pictures of the event. It looked pretty sad. I’m happy it rained on the blob.
3.4 Million In Attendance
And It Was Barely A Brief Sprinkle
Where did you get that number?

Seriously?

People GAF about a number?

Get a fckin LIFE!
Seems like a greatly exaggerated number, maybe even a lie. All I did was ask where the number comes from. I have been to many July 4 DC celebrations and this one for 2019 looked like attendance was down.

Seems like a greatly exaggerated number, maybe even a lie......

That's funny coming from a pathological liar.

This was a great American event. The fake news liars and Democrat pigs were all 100% wrong about it.

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

It WAS non-political. Like most ignorant Democrat pieces of shit, you commented on, and passed judgement on, something that had not even taken place yet. Now you look like the stupid ass that you are.

Another OP based on a mix of delusion and exaggeration.

Besides, what do liberals care about Independence Day? For you guys, it's a sad and shameful day. Heck, now you even claim that the Betsy Ross flag is "racist." You wish the British had won because they tried to confiscate the colonists' guns, because they abolished slavery (peacefully) 32 years before we did, and because they embraced universal government-funded health care in the 1948.

Camp said:
Where did you get that number?
Here
Count 'Em Yourself
You Ain't Doin' Nuthin'...

gettyimages-1153790547.jpg

Why do the libs keep complaining about Trump militarizing the 4th. The 4th is a celebration of our military might. The fireworks is simulated bombings. It's the liberals who are trying to take over the 4th to make it about hotdogs and picnics.

I think America knows that the hatred that the democrats have for Donald Trump pales in comparison to the hatred they have for America.

The way they treat Trump is EXACTLY the way they treated Ronald Reagan. The Communists like to pretend that they always loved Reagan, they hated him. He was destroying their Soviet Union. And THAT is why the democrats are so hate filled to this day, we destroyed the nation they actually serve, the USSR. The democrats will NEVER forgive us for crushing their empire and their entire strategy is to rebuild the Soviet Union in America.

Would you have been okay with President Obama hijacking Independence Day for political purposes - at taxpayer expense?

Obama campaigned 24/7/365 on the taxpayer dime. Were you in a coma?

No answer to my question? Funny. Thanks for playing...

What was the question? That you thought the 4th of July was a gay parade day and not about pick up trucks, bible, guns , baseball and American pie?

Anything would be better than turning Independence Day into a NaziCon holiday.

What's that? How it's always been?

Bible, guns, pickup trucks, American flag, fireworks , cook outs,fly overs, beer, girls , national Anthem.......

And GOP Women!

IMG_1858.jpg

Obama campaigned 24/7/365 on the taxpayer dime. Were you in a coma?

What was the question? That you thought the 4th of July was a gay parade day and not about pick up trucks, bible, guns , baseball and American pie?

Bible, guns, pickup trucks, American flag, fireworks , cook outs,fly overs, beer, girls , national Anthem.......

And GOP Women!

IMG_1858.jpg

You bastard!

And GOP Women!

IMG_1858.jpg

You bastard!
And the best thing about our GOP women?

image011.jpg

And GOP Women!

IMG_1858.jpg

You bastard!
And the best thing about our GOP women?

image011.jpg
15624480124221175438451.jpg

My style and I have fluffy pillows!

The 4th of July is one of the worst days of the year for Troglocrats.
When they see happy prosperous American patriots celebrating being free they are enraged.

Interesting opinion piece from a conservative publication...

In our opinion: Here's what America doesn't need to declare today

Today, Americans will hear countless references to the Declaration of Independence. And rightly so — it is the Fourth of July, after all, and this declarative document galvanized a people and fueled a historic movement toward liberty and freedom. Such a declaration of God-given, rather than government-granted, rights was powerful and important. More importantly, it's what doesn’t need to be declared that makes America a beacon of hope and a true leader among freedom-loving people the world over.

The mantra, “If you have to declare it — you aren’t it” is true for individual leaders as well as nations. If a person has to declare that they are the bold, brash leader, they really are not the leader. Leaders who declare by their actions who they are and what they believe are more likely to be believed than those who have to try to convince you who they are and what they believe. Quiet confidence is the ultimate sign of both wisdom and strength...

..." Americans do not need to declare greatness to the world. They just need live the principles of liberty and freedom. "

...The magic of America is not housed in the halls of Congress, memorialized in a majestic monument, displayed in military might or stored in a secure vault. The magic of America is found within ordinary people who do extraordinary things each day — the neighbor helping a neighbor in need, the teacher staying late to help a struggling student, the friend intently listening to a tale of heartbreak, the professional providing free service to solve a problem, the child standing up to a bully for a classmate. These heroic citizens are the threads that weave strong neighborhoods and vibrant communities.

America is great, not by what it declares, but by what each American does.

Quiet confidence is the ultimate sign of both wisdom and strength...

This is what I believe lacks by both on the left and the Democrats. Their only "wisdom and strength" they behold are the ones that tries to divide the country.

I remember very well, "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." That quote was from a Democrat. Who knew that the Democrats of today would switch?
It's almost appalling and iniquitous to state that see how they behave today.

Quiet confidence is the ultimate sign of both wisdom and strength...

This is what I believe lacks by both on the left and the Democrats. Their only "wisdom and strength" they behold are the ones that tries to divide the country.

I remember very well, "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." That quote was from a Democrat. Who knew that the Democrats of today would switch?
It's almost appalling and iniquitous to state that see how they behave today.

I see the same lacking by those on the right these days.

Forum List

Back