July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

So, what, the right wing is not victim to Democrat sabotage?
Let me put it this way, The Democrats celebrate the same holidays as we right wingers do. For them, it's just a paid holiday to get away from public scrutiny. The very same holidays they want to ban.

Try figuring that one out. Lol

Would you have been okay with President Obama hijacking Independence Day for political purposes - at taxpayer expense?

Obama campaigned 24/7/365 on the taxpayer dime. Were you in a coma?

No answer to my question? Funny. Thanks for playing...

What was the question? That you thought the 4th of July was a gay parade day and not about pick up trucks, bible, guns , baseball and American pie?

It’s INDEPENDENCE DAY ya dork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see democrats are pissed about this day. America becoming its own independent country with borders. That's impossibly offensive.

So yes, it will basically be a Trump day. Trump wants an independent America with a border in the future as well. Does anyone know where I can get some Trump flags to go next to the American flags?

Lakhota Are you triggered when the Air Force provides flyovers for sporting events? Or does your outrage only apply to when Trump is there?

Would you have been okay with President Obama hijacking Independence Day for political purposes - at taxpayer expense?

LMAO You think Trump is the only President to celebrate Independence Day with the nation??

Oh and you had no problem with Michelle going on vacation with her family while the economy was in the toilet and UE was through the roof.

All that was a taxpayer expense but you sure didn't post any threads protesting that waste of tax payer dollars.

What a biased hack you are.

Lakhota Are you triggered when the Air Force provides flyovers for sporting events? Or does your outrage only apply to when Trump is there?

The country's military won our independence, they are included in parades nation wide, why not on display in the nations capital? Keep it up commies, you'll guarantee Trumps reelection.

I am excited to see the brand new Sherman tanks that Trump said would be there.

The country's military won our independence, they are included in parades nation wide, why not on display in the nations capital? Keep it up commies, you'll guarantee Trumps reelection.

Did he say that?

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?
That's good! We can all pay more tax to have that.

Did he say that?

Trump touts ‘brand new’ World War II-era tank display at Fourth of July celebration

“So we have to put them in certain areas, but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks."

But hey, we are going to have some brand new Sherman tanks parked outside the White House! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Trump touts ‘brand new’ World War II-era tank display at Fourth of July celebration

Perhaps Trump meant refurbished? He does say some dumb things but his view of the big picture is mostly correct, in my opinion. He also advocates for poor and average Americans, segments the Democratic Party abandoned.

More likely he does not know that Sherman tanks are no longer used. Something even my wife knew and she is not really a military buff other than being married to a Marine.

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

Trump is setting precedent. Win an Election and your guy/gal can do what they want on Fourth of July which will probably be flying rainbow flags instead of American flags and/or putting illegals front and center over US Citizens.

But hey, we are going to have some brand new Sherman tanks parked outside the White House! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Perhaps Trump meant refurbished? He does say some dumb things but his view of the big picture is mostly correct, in my opinion. He also advocates for poor and average Americans, segments the Democratic Party abandoned.

More likely he does not know that Sherman tanks are no longer used. Something even my wife knew and she is not really a military buff other than being married to a Marine.

Nah, I imagine that he knows that we no longer use Shermans.

Here you go, Lakhota. Relive some glory days and shut up already.

Fourth-of-July-President-Obama-2009-high-res.jpg

Huffpost..... :rolleyes:

Says an anonymous who?

Nah, I imagine that he knows that we no longer use Shermans.

Of course you do. While Trump saying that was just a funny thing, the real fun will be watching you folk find new and creative ways to cover for him. Goodness knows you all could never admit he made a mistake or does not know everything about everything.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back