June 12, 2018: NK-US Singapore Nuclear Summit

Apparently the whole summit has been downshifted to only a half day - 45 minutes alone, 90 minutes with their camps, then lunch, and go home. A lot of people will use that to brand it meaningless or a failure, but I think that even if they just sit in silence and stare at the ceiling fan, the handshake was pretty significant on its own. Only Nixon can go to China, indeed.

The concern, of course, is if we just gave North Korea a handful of legitimacy while getting nothing in return. I hope not. I guess we'll find out.

When will we know what to believe about achievements? Who can we believe?
For you - Rachel.

Apparently the whole summit has been downshifted to only a half day - 45 minutes alone, 90 minutes with their camps, then lunch, and go home. A lot of people will use that to brand it meaningless or a failure, but I think that even if they just sit in silence and stare at the ceiling fan, the handshake was pretty significant on its own. Only Nixon can go to China, indeed.

The concern, of course, is if we just gave North Korea a handful of legitimacy while getting nothing in return. I hope not. I guess we'll find out.

When will we know what to believe about achievements? Who can we believe?
That's a good question. I have a feeling the answer might be "History books, when the files are declassified, fifty years from now."

Well, they've just signed something (1:44 am EDT).

There will be a Press Conf at 2:30 am, I assume to announce
what they just signed in front of the World.

I guess the reports that the Dems were saying were false were
true after all. A great deal of this stuff was worked out in advance.

I'm hoping that they signed an agreement where NK will accept illegal
aliens crossing the SW border of the US into North Korean Jails.

Except for Lakata who obviously has a large supply, Democrats are not posting because they heading out to their 24/7 CVS for more Preparation H. :p

Kim has committed to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Sounds like a good start.

So much for the OP.

CVS will be getting a great deal of repeat business tonight.

DJT for Life, did you get a chance to watch it on TV? It was obviously an incredibly great and historic event. Mr. Kim speaks some English and just observing at the body language of The Donald and Mr. Kim, it really looks like an amazingly positive turning point in North Korean/USA relations.

At least the meeting wasn't abruptly broken off and left in the dust. As long as there is hope of peace, it is a good thing.

The document outlines four points the two leaders agreed upon, including a commitment by Kim to work toward the “complete denuclearization” of the Korean peninsula and a pledge to “build a lasting and stable peace regime” in the region. The agreement doesn’t appear to contain any firm promises from Pyongyang to abandon its nuclear weapon program, but rather, opens the door to ongoing discussions.

Trump And Kim Sign Joint Agreement As Historic Singapore Summit Closes

Sounds like a bullshit con job to me.

Admittedly, there is a bizarre contrast between the meeting with democratic nations, allies, and this one with a Stalinist dictatorship.

tenor.gif

Sounds like a bullshit con job to me.

It is hilarious when a democrat who be definition are delusional, conned and butthurt by blindly supporting democrat liars "sense" a real agreement is not real. :p

I suspect NK will have to make zero concessions, and that Trump will hail Kim as a great friend and magnificent human being.

You fail coming out of the starting gate. The NORKS have already made concessions by releasing four Americans, remember?

And what did we give them in return? Unlike Obama, who traded five Taliban leaders for one US Army deserter, and a shitload of money to Iran for appeasement.

So, NK gave up 4 things that held zero value for them and you call that a concession?

I bet by the time you leave the car dealership you are paying more than the asking price.

Any minute. Awaiting the Kim-Trump handshake.
You rooting for a nuclear War...........or N. Korea shooting missiles at Japan and Guam again..........

Perhaps getting Japan mad enough to arm up and go to War..............They were saying that not so long ago.............

But hey...............I guess you like the glow.

Where have I indicated that I'm "rooting for a nuclear War"? Personally, I'd love for success to come from this bizarre clusterfuck.
Well.....how is it a clusterfuck when no one even thought it was possible at all.

Hell your side didn't even want a meeting at all..............

Not without preconditions.
Trump had preconditions...........early on he said there is no deal without getting rid of their Nukes...........did you miss that.

Trump says a lot of things that are not true. did you miss that?

You rooting for a nuclear War...........or N. Korea shooting missiles at Japan and Guam again..........

Perhaps getting Japan mad enough to arm up and go to War..............They were saying that not so long ago.............

But hey...............I guess you like the glow.

Where have I indicated that I'm "rooting for a nuclear War"? Personally, I'd love for success to come from this bizarre clusterfuck.
Well.....how is it a clusterfuck when no one even thought it was possible at all.

Hell your side didn't even want a meeting at all..............

Not without preconditions.
Trump had preconditions...........early on he said there is no deal without getting rid of their Nukes...........did you miss that.

Trump says a lot of things that are not true. did you miss that?

Well, at least he hasn't told us that Obamacare will save all American families $2500 a month nor did he tell us that the attack on the US embassy in Benghazi was a spontaneous demonstration.

This Trump guy is a damn good leader of the Free World, isn't he?

Much better that the worthless asshole Obama, isn't he?

Kind of "Reaganesque" isn't he?

Liberal heads exploding today, aren't they?

This Trump guy is a damn good leader of the Free World, isn't he?

Much better that the worthless asshole Obama, isn't he?

Kind of "Reaganesque" isn't he?

Liberal heads exploding today, aren't they?

The only thing he is like Reagan in is adding to the debt, he is on pace to add a grater percent than Reagan did.

As far as being a good leader, I put him equal to the previous two presidents, shitty and totally devoid of any actual leadership traits.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back