Just another day in the NFL, protesters lose

The players, primarily blacks took "can't have inmates running the prison" to mean "blacks are inmates and are decedents of slavery." You know, decedents of slavery just as most Caucasians, Indians, Hispanics, Middle Easterners and Hispanics are.

Just snowflakes being snowflakes. Claiming the victim role because of butt pain caused by simple words. Liberals dumbing down the populace, except for those wise to it.

Most Texans players take knee during anthem after owner's comment
Good for them....what the owner said was way out of line.

"Good for them" for what? They didn't hurt the owner in any way. All they did was look like a bunch of commie whiners pissing off half the fanbase. The owner is laughing all the way to the bank. Any revenue loss as a result will come out of player salaries.
I disagree...they drew attention to their owner's stupid words......in a peaceful protest. Isn't that a good thing? Peaceful protesting?

The players, primarily blacks took "can't have inmates running the prison" to mean "blacks are inmates and are decedents of slavery." You know, decedents of slavery just as most Caucasians, Indians, Hispanics, Middle Easterners and Hispanics are.

Just snowflakes being snowflakes. Claiming the victim role because of butt pain caused by simple words. Liberals dumbing down the populace, except for those wise to it.

"Good for them" for what? They didn't hurt the owner in any way. All they did was look like a bunch of commie whiners pissing off half the fanbase. The owner is laughing all the way to the bank. Any revenue loss as a result will come out of player salaries.
I disagree...they drew attention to their owner's stupid words......in a peaceful protest. Isn't that a good thing? Peaceful protesting?

The owner was simply trying to use the common phrase, "don't let the inmates run the asylum". He mangled the phrase and used a poor choice of words. I would have been pissed also. But he's since apologized. The players ultimately took it out on the fans who take the anthem to heart. No one gives a shit what the owner said. The owner is laughing ll the way to the bank while the players look anti-American.

The owner was simply trying to use the common phrase, "don't let the inmates run the asylum". He mangled the phrase and used a poor choice of words. I would have been pissed also. But he's since apologized. The players ultimately took it out on the fans who take the anthem to heart. No one gives a shit what the owner said. The owner is laughing ll the way to the bank while the players look anti-American.
"The players...took it out on the fans"... you mean those who were taking a wizz or buying beer or on their cell phones during the Anthem?

"The players...took it out on the fans"... you mean those who were taking a wizz or buying beer or on their cell phones during the Anthem?

That's the best you got? HAHA I think it's fair to say you lost this debate. Besides, I wasn't referring to the Liberals in the stadium.

No actually. The owner is a CERTIFIED moron. If that's the top of his Communication skills, he'll probably lose all the money his daddy gave him... That was an AWFUL choice of words for folks that work hard, are disciplined and risk their bodies to play the game.
and well compensated for the risks.

No actually. The owner is a CERTIFIED moron. If that's the top of his Communication skills, he'll probably lose all the money his daddy gave him... That was an AWFUL choice of words for folks that work hard, are disciplined and risk their bodies to play the game.

It is a common saying. Such as inmates running the asylum. Nothing racist about the saying.

And no they aren’t prisoners. They are employees. Very well paid employees. If they don’t like it nothing is keeping them there. They are fully able to quit and start their burger flipping career.

They aren’t slaves. Slaves didn’t get paid 1% of the 1% money. Slaves didn’t have the option of quitting and doing something else.

The slave comparison is a race hustler’s argument when he is out of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Let's say that I start my own business with an idea and put up my own resources....borrow and leverage myself to the hilt. I hire people to help me get out my product and then they decide that they are going to dictate how MY business is going to work? Isn't that the epitome of the term "Letting the inmates run the asylum"??? I would say so.

I am beyond this bullshit "cultural marxism". It's MY company and I run it the way I see fit....don't like it" There's the door and don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out. If I don't want militant queers and marxists on the payroll? That is MY right because I sign the checks.....get it now???

Don't really care WHAT you chose to run. If you can't communicate, you're gonna fail. And what we have here -- in the words of (Steve McQueen??) --- is a "failure to communicate".

Your job as CEO or Pres is to not make the situation WORSE. You don't have enough time in the day for that. A lesson that perhaps tweeting POTUS ought to consider as well.

He's not a moron. He's just living in America where you can say anything you want and not have to worry about triggering Snowflakes.

Well, until Obama became president.

Would you risk your business just to tweak snowflakes? I wouldn't. I'd meet them on their issues, OUTSIDE of their protests. Fact is -- I don't think he calculated and did this deliberately. He just ran his mouth. And garbage popped out..

He's not a moron. He's just living in America where you can say anything you want and not have to worry about triggering Snowflakes.

Would you risk your business just to tweak snowflakes? I wouldn't. I'd meet them on their issues, OUTSIDE of their protests. Fact is -- I don't think he calculated and did this deliberately. He just ran his mouth. And garbage popped out..
I think these cocksuckers need to stop carrying their feelings on their sleeves.
This is intentional.
Assholes are easily offended.
Decent people let it go or don't even notice.
Liberals and Muslims are easily offended.
They call it micro-aggressions.

It is a common saying. Such as inmates running the asylum. Nothing racist about the saying.

And no they aren’t prisoners. They are employees. Very well paid employees. If they don’t like it nothing is keeping them there. They are fully able to quit and start their burger flipping career.

They aren’t slaves. Slaves didn’t get paid 1% of the 1% money. Slaves didn’t have the option of quitting and doing something else.

The slave comparison is a race hustler’s argument when he is out of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I know. But in public speaking, you are taught to from shying away from "hack phrases". It's a bad analogy. To equate his well trained and disciplined professionals as "inmates".

Sh--- It happens. But with THIS guy, I sense it's an ingrained habit. Don't think that phrase has EVER come up from a skilled coach in a half-time locker room inspirational speech.. :biggrin:

I think these cocksuckers need to stop carrying their feelings on their sleeves.
This is intentional.
Assholes are easily offended.
Decent people let it go or don't even notice.
Liberals and Muslims are easily offended.
They call it micro-aggressions.

Neither of us really seem to value "symbolic protest". I think that's the issue. Too much of "wearing it" rather than UNDERSTANDING and talking it out. The left is all about street theater. I'm about writing position papers for my hopeless political party. :biggrin: BUT -- more brain cells are involved in the process.

The NFL is ALWAYS gonna lose when it allows "theater". Even the GOOD symbolic stuff, like 9-11 and the Dallas shooting where they didn't allow the Cowboys to wear a "Dallas" patch. Just don't freakin' do it that way. Not on the field.

NasCar HAS these causes. They have racial/inclusion outreach and enviro programs. They just don't smash folks in the face with it...

Last edited:
Let's say that I start my own business with an idea and put up my own resources....borrow and leverage myself to the hilt. I hire people to help me get out my product and then they decide that they are going to dictate how MY business is going to work? Isn't that the epitome of the term "Letting the inmates run the asylum"??? I would say so.

I am beyond this bullshit "cultural marxism". It's MY company and I run it the way I see fit....don't like it" There's the door and don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out. If I don't want militant queers and marxists on the payroll? That is MY right because I sign the checks.....get it now???

Don't really care WHAT you chose to run. If you can't communicate, you're gonna fail. And what we have here -- in the words of (Steve McQueen??) --- is a "failure to communicate".

Your job as CEO or Pres is to not make the situation WORSE. You don't have enough time in the day for that. A lesson that perhaps tweeting POTUS ought to consider as well.

Actually that was Strother Martin....did you ever see his skit on SNL in 1980? A spoof of his character from Cool Hand Luke???

If you have Hulu plus you can watch the entire episode.......pretty damn funny....

SNL Transcripts: Strother Martin: 04/19/80: Camp Beau Soleil

. The quote was spoken by the warden of the prison in the movie "Cool Hand Luke"..... Paul Newman was the stubborn prisoner in the movie. 1967 was the date.. great movie. The job of a CEO is to not ignore things until they get out of hand. I have witnessed political correctness or government empowered groups attempt to run a corporation or business as if they own it instead of the owners do. Crazy stuff.

Leftists Have Nothing Left

Pushing Pointless Progressive propaganda is not proof. The jock thugs started this divisiveness. Would Tillman's widow have supported NFL Taliban-sympathizers if they had abused their freedom of "self-expression" and insulted the flag Tillman is buried in?

Forum List

Back