Just Called The New VA Trouble "Hotline" At The WH

ThoughtCrimes

Old Navy Vet
Jun 25, 2012
Desert Southwest
Just read in Military News this AM that the new VA "Hotline" re: vets with VA issues at the WH (they claim anyway) opened at 8AM EST today. So I called to see if it actually was working, and to my surprise, I got through after 16 LONG minutes of listening to Kenney G.

The info taker asked for the usual identifying info including SSN which she didn't receive. She asked for the issues, which I detailed. She then said I had a valid issue and that someone would be contacting me via e-mail and by phone with the resolution. I won't hold my breath.

For any Vets or their spouses out there how, the phone # is 1-855-948-2311. Here is the Article below regarding this new access to get around that DAMN E-Benefits info line, and which is supposed to go to 24/7 access by Aug 15. If this functions, I'll have to grudgingly give some credit to VA Sec. Shulkin.
~~ The White House's promised veterans complaint line goes live today ~~

MODS> Please Keep This Post In Politics Today For Greatest Exposure To Veterans If Possible

The hours of operation was changed after Trump was elected. We also can't get a direct line to our teams sometimes, they now will connect you with anyone in the VA that is free at the moment.
They also changed the ability to check in for walk-in need., it now closes down at 3:30pm.
I use the secure messaging system on Myhealthvet.gov. It works faster and better sometimes than trying to call.

I use the secure messaging system on Myhealthvet.gov. It works faster and better sometimes than trying to call.
When the issue IS the staff responding to the Secure Message, it not work so very good though. And maybe you're not in Phoenix, eh? Hell, I can't even get my Rx's set right from quarter to quarter.

Also, many Vets may have benefits issues with their claim, or claim appeal or something not having to do with the VHA side of the VA house.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back