🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just kill the health bill, please!

saveliberty said:
You remind me of the people who bitched about the private school my kids went to. That school cost them zero. I on the other hand, paid my fair share for the public schools. No assistance in the form of a voucher. So I took care of your kids while you complained about what mine had.

Oh whine... As a property owner, I paid for decades into the public school system which educated the children of people who rented and not once did I complain. Personally, I couldn't care less where you educate your kids, and I especially couldn't care less about your whiney bullshit about having to pay for public education and not receiving a subsidy because you picked private schools instead. After all, it's a given that you've got yours so fuck everyone else. A typical attitude of today's generation.

How stupid are you? You realize that property taxes should have been figured into the rent you charge? Your renters paid the taxes, if you do it right. Actually my income is quite modest. We just value education in our family. Made the commitment. Then had to listen to whiners like you.

saveliberty said:
You remind me of the people who bitched about the private school my kids went to. That school cost them zero. I on the other hand, paid my fair share for the public schools. No assistance in the form of a voucher. So I took care of your kids while you complained about what mine had.

Oh whine... As a property owner, I paid for decades into the public school system which educated the children of people who rented and not once did I complain. Personally, I couldn't care less where you educate your kids, and I especially couldn't care less about your whiney bullshit about having to pay for public education and not receiving a subsidy because you picked private schools instead. After all, it's a given that you've got yours so fuck everyone else. A typical attitude of today's generation.

How stupid are you? You realize that property taxes should have been figured into the rent you charge? Your renters paid the taxes, if you do it right. Actually my income is quite modest. We just value education in our family. Made the commitment. Then had to listen to whiners like you.

An individual renter no way in hell gets slapped with an additional $3,000 in property taxes to cover public education. You know, we could probably have a civil conversation if you didn't insist on calling me "stupid." So I'm outta here. You're just another pissed off person who wants what YOU want to make YOUR life better and that's all, and by jeezus that had better not include taxes that go to help pay for someone else to better their life. You are what you are.

NOBODY HAS HAD THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS TAKEN AWAY BECAUSE THEY DID NOT USE THE MEDICARE BENEFIT!!!!!!!!!!!

People have been blackmailed into signing up for Medicare A in order to avoid losing the SS benefits.

That is the issue.

An individual renter no way in hell gets slapped with an additional $3,000 in property taxes to cover public education. You know, we could probably have a civil conversation if you didn't insist on calling me "stupid." So I'm outta here. You're just another pissed off person who wants what YOU want to make YOUR life better and that's all, and by jeezus that had better not include taxes that go to help pay for someone else to better their life. You are what you are.

So your just going to subsidize their taxes? What a dimwitted landlord you are. Come up with a more realisitc and better argument and I'll see what I can do about your stupid label. More likely, you raised the rent when the taxes went up and are just being a liar about passing the tax along.

Kill the Bill...

It's a piece of shit and we can't afford it...

Start over and take it in reasonable, smaller chunks...

There is no need to pass this bloated POS...

Kill the Bill...

It's a piece of shit and we can't afford it...

Start over and take it in reasonable, smaller chunks...

There is no need to pass this bloated POS...
They will do what I suspected all along, pass it, with promises to 'fix' it that will never be kept (by them).

Are you crazy?

If you are renting property, then you should figure in the costs of property taxes, insurance, property maintenance etc. into the total rent. There is no reason for you to foot that bill. If the market won't bare the rent you need to charge then you may have to take a loss, but other than that you should be charging more for rent than just your mortgage.

Immie

So your just going to subsidize their taxes? What a dimwitted landlord you are. Come up with a more realisitc and better argument and I'll see what I can do about your stupid label. More likely, you raised the rent when the taxes went up and are just being a liar about passing the tax along.

I'm not a landlord, never have been, nor was that implied. But I have been a tenant, and my rent never got increased dramatically just because the owner's property taxes went up. It would go up because of a lot of factors, including property taxes, but nothing I couldn't handle. Got comprehension? Stupid?

Are you crazy?

If you are renting property, then you should figure in the costs of property taxes, insurance, property maintenance etc. into the total rent. There is no reason for you to foot that bill. If the market won't bare the rent you need to charge then you may have to take a loss, but other than that you should be charging more for rent than just your mortgage.

Immie

What part of those words did you and saveliberty miss? Frankly, it's irrelevant, since the POINT I was TRYING to make (---->whoosh---->) is that property owners in most states are the ones who bear the burden of school taxes, and that an I.N.D.I.V.I.D.U.A.L renter will NOT see a school tax bill every year that amounts to thousands of dollars. OF COURSE an owner/landlord spreads his own costs for that property over the rents charged to tenants. But your basic homeowner obviously doesn't have that ability. Maybe it was a bad example, but it was pretty clear to me what I was saying: Which is that property owners are solely liable for state school taxes and that includes all those who are simply property owner/dwellers and not owner/landlords.

Are you crazy?

Immie

What part of those words did you and saveliberty miss? Frankly, it's irrelevant, since the POINT I was TRYING to make (---->whoosh---->) is that property owners in most states are the ones who bear the burden of school taxes, and that an I.N.D.I.V.I.D.U.A.L renter will NOT see a school tax bill every year that amounts to thousands of dollars. OF COURSE an owner/landlord spreads his own costs for that property over the rents charged to tenants. But your basic homeowner obviously doesn't have that ability. Maybe it was a bad example, but it was pretty clear to me what I was saying: Which is that property owners are solely liable for state school taxes and that includes all those who are simply property owner/dwellers and not owner/landlords.

Hmmm!

I refer you to this post and the highlighted item:

saveliberty said:

It appears that you meant that you were the landlord.

In effect, you are correct, the landlord pays the tax, but, in reality it is the renter who is paying the tax in the form of increased rent, just as the consumer pays the corporate income taxes in the form of higher prices for goods and services.

Immie

Last edited:
Why can't we just fix the few problems with health care instead of overhauling the whole system????

Why can't we just fix the few problems with health care instead of overhauling the whole system????

Because the GOP had a chance and they blew it. Rather than work with the Dems to ensure that their key elements were included in the bill, they vowed to obstruct the bill at all costs.

Now the Bill is law and it is too late to do anything about it. its a done deal and you will have to live with it.

Because the GOP had a chance and they blew it. Rather than work with the Dems to ensure that their key elements were included in the bill, they vowed to obstruct the bill at all costs.

Now the Bill is law and it is too late to do anything about it. its a done deal and you will have to live with it.

The dems should have stuck to their guns and passed the original House bill which included the public option and NOT attempted to appease the minority conservatives who were dead set against ANY health care reform bill and other special interest lobbyists who wielded so much power. The reason I finally called for "killing it" is because it became like a Frankenstein monster, with so many detours, tentacles, patches and bandaids that it will now probably be impossible to construct at all. The hard part of this whole bill is just now beginning.

The dems should have stuck to their guns and passed the original House bill which included the public option and NOT attempted to appease the minority conservatives who were dead set against ANY health care reform bill and other special interest lobbyists who wielded so much power. The reason I finally called for "killing it" is because it became like a Frankenstein monster, with so many detours, tentacles, patches and bandaids that it will now probably be impossible to construct at all. The hard part of this whole bill is just now beginning.

The bill, as written does not satisfy either side. It is a compromise, and includes some good, some bad.

In the end, the bill is now law. It will not be killed or withdrawn. Hopefully, we will come to our senses and put in a public option once the insurance companies start to take advantage of the bill.

Public Option is the great equalizer

I'm not a landlord, never have been, nor was that implied. But I have been a tenant, and my rent never got increased dramatically just because the owner's property taxes went up. It would go up because of a lot of factors, including property taxes, but nothing I couldn't handle. Got comprehension? Stupid?

Property ownership 101. Is your name on the deed? If so, you are the property owner. First your a property owner, then your not. You should at least be smart enough to know the difference, or are you just being a liar?

Property taxes rarely go up dramaticly. If they do, its usually due to a sale of the property. Probably should stop here, I'm already going over your head.

Property ownership 101. Is your name on the deed? If so, you are the property owner. First your a property owner, then your not. You should at least be smart enough to know the difference, or are you just being a liar?

Property taxes rarely go up dramaticly. If they do, its usually due to a sale of the property. Probably should stop here, I'm already going over your head.

Wow, you really DO have a comprehension problem. I have never been a landlord, which is not to say that I never lived in my own home and paid property taxes on it. Hello?

I think it's dead.. the only thing more dead are those who vote for it. Assuming they do the legal thing and actually vote...

I don't get why these folks are doing it... a solid majority of the American people DON'T want it... it is suicide. I guess hard core Marxism takes the day.

Could you clarify that comment? It almost sounds like a threat.

Absurd reasoning. Congresses first obligation is to the People by Constitutional means. You blew it on both counts. Scapegoating Republicans is no more than a crutch. The blow hards blew it on all counts. Again the Republic is weakened by corrupt schemes. It is never too late to stand against The Totalitarian. There You are mistaken Comrade. The Bill Violates the Higher Law which in time will serve as the vehicle of Repeal or the Loss of the Faith and Credibility of The People. You disgrace the concept of Representative Government and the Rule of Law. Pay Backs are a Bitch.

Not true SL. I'm in NY State, Everything but wages is going up fast. The State Government is in the red and trying everything and anything to deal with It's debts, Payrolls and Pensions among the toughest. NYC, the rest of the local governments in the same boat. Big Time Increases.

Forum List

Back