Just one question:

Like I told you, a traffic ticket is a crime, but not a serious one.

Murder and armed robbery are crimes and serious ones.

Depends on what was in the documents to determine the severity of the crime.
wrong again,, unless of course you can show me where in the law it says that,,

wheres you link to where the law backs up your claim??

If I was to post about security classification, it would be either (a) links you would never read, or (b) something so long that you wouldn't bother to read it either. What I've told you is experience from what I've done over 20 years while serving in the Navy, and even then, they were long posts that I doubt you were able to fully comprehend. Still waiting on your link about the sailor who was jailed for taking a picture of a submarine that was under water though.

And, your claim that he was jailed for taking a picture of a submarine that was underwater is kinda sketchy. I remember that I used to ask girls if they wanted to go see the submarine races while I was stationed at Newport RI and Norfolk VA.

If you don't get the humor of that last statement, there is no hope for you.

If I was to post about security classification, it would be either (a) links you would never read, or (b) something so long that you wouldn't bother to read it either. What I've told you is experience from what I've done over 20 years while serving in the Navy, and even then, they were long posts that I doubt you were able to fully comprehend. Still waiting on your link about the sailor who was jailed for taking a picture of a submarine that was under water though.

And, your claim that he was jailed for taking a picture of a submarine that was underwater is kinda sketchy. I remember that I used to ask girls if they wanted to go see the submarine races while I was stationed at Newport RI and Norfolk VA.

If you don't get the humor of that last statement, there is no hope for you.
you gonna post where the law backs up your claim or not??

wrong again,, unless of course you can show me where in the law it says that,,

Showing you that there are various levels of crime is easy...............

Infractions​

Infractions (sometimes called violations) are petty offenses that are typically punishable by fines, but not jail time.

Misdemeanors​

Misdemeanors are criminal offenses that carry up to a year in jail in most states. (Some states have made the maximum imprisonment for many or all misdemeanors 364 days; that change is designed to avoid deportation consequences that would have been triggered if the misdemeanor in question carried the possibility of, or if the misdemeanor defendant actually received, a full one-year sentence.) Punishment for misdemeanors can also include payment of a fine, probation, community service, and restitution.

Felonies​

Felonies are the most serious type of criminal offense. Felonies often involve serious physical harm (or threat of harm) to victims, but they also include offenses like white collar crimes and fraud schemes. Offenses that otherwise are misdemeanors can be elevated to felonies for second-time offenders. A felony conviction, like a misdemeanor conviction, may not result in time behind bars. But felonies carry potential imprisonment that ranges from time in prison (a year is often the low end) to life in prison without parole or even death. As with misdemeanors, states may also subdivide felonies by class or degree.

Also, remember that felonies and misdemeanors have various levels in them.

As far as classification levels? Here ya go..................

TOP SECRET​

This refers to national security information that requires the highest level of protection — a designation that should be used “with the utmost restraint,” according to the Code of Federal Regulations. In order to receive a top secret classification, there has to be a reasonable expectation that, if leaked, the information would cause “exceptionally grave damage to the national security,”

SECRET​

The second highest classification, a secret designation is applied to information that requires “a substantial degree of protection” and should be used “sparingly,” the code reads.

Information that could be reasonably expected to cause “serious damage” to national security is classified as secret.

CONFIDENTIAL​

Information is classified as confidential when its unauthorized release could be reasonably expected to cause “damage to national security.” This information requires protection but not to the same level as secret and top secret information.

And, then there are other levels below Confidential, NOFORN, and FOUO. Like I said, it depends on the level of classification, AS WELL as what the information that was classified contains. Some information that is classified has very little impact on national security, ship's schedules are one of them since most of our allies (and adversaries) generally know where a ship is going most of the time.

Showing you that there are various levels of crime is easy...............

Infractions​

Infractions (sometimes called violations) are petty offenses that are typically punishable by fines, but not jail time.

Misdemeanors​

Misdemeanors are criminal offenses that carry up to a year in jail in most states. (Some states have made the maximum imprisonment for many or all misdemeanors 364 days; that change is designed to avoid deportation consequences that would have been triggered if the misdemeanor in question carried the possibility of, or if the misdemeanor defendant actually received, a full one-year sentence.) Punishment for misdemeanors can also include payment of a fine, probation, community service, and restitution.

Felonies​

Felonies are the most serious type of criminal offense. Felonies often involve serious physical harm (or threat of harm) to victims, but they also include offenses like white collar crimes and fraud schemes. Offenses that otherwise are misdemeanors can be elevated to felonies for second-time offenders. A felony conviction, like a misdemeanor conviction, may not result in time behind bars. But felonies carry potential imprisonment that ranges from time in prison (a year is often the low end) to life in prison without parole or even death. As with misdemeanors, states may also subdivide felonies by class or degree.

Also, remember that felonies and misdemeanors have various levels in them.

As far as classification levels? Here ya go..................

TOP SECRET​

This refers to national security information that requires the highest level of protection — a designation that should be used “with the utmost restraint,” according to the Code of Federal Regulations. In order to receive a top secret classification, there has to be a reasonable expectation that, if leaked, the information would cause “exceptionally grave damage to the national security,”

SECRET​

The second highest classification, a secret designation is applied to information that requires “a substantial degree of protection” and should be used “sparingly,” the code reads.

Information that could be reasonably expected to cause “serious damage” to national security is classified as secret.

CONFIDENTIAL​

Information is classified as confidential when its unauthorized release could be reasonably expected to cause “damage to national security.” This information requires protection but not to the same level as secret and top secret information.

And, then there are other levels below Confidential, NOFORN, and FOUO. Like I said, it depends on the level of classification, AS WELL as what the information that was classified contains. Some information that is classified has very little impact on national security, ship's schedules are one of them since most of our allies (and adversaries) generally know where a ship is going most of the time.
to bad for you none of that applies here,,

the law he broke says specifically about possession,,

to bad for you none of that applies here,,

the law he broke says specifically about possession,,

And I already told you, yes, I agree, if he had classified documents in his possession, that is a crime. The question is, how severe is the crime, and I showed you that there are various levels of crime and various levels of classification.

If he had documents that were classified but of no importance, that would be an infraction. Nothing serious, and should be given a fine or a slap on the wrist and told he did wrong.

If he had documents that were classified and still relevant and important, then it would be a serious crime, and depending on the level of damage, a misdemeanor or felony.

Same for Trump. But trouble is, Trump has documents that are more recent, and therefore, potentially much more damaging, so he could be in much more trouble than Biden.

And I already told you, yes, I agree, if he had classified documents in his possession, that is a crime. The question is, how severe is the crime, and I showed you that there are various levels of crime and various levels of classification.

If he had documents that were classified but of no importance, that would be an infraction. Nothing serious, and should be given a fine or a slap on the wrist and told he did wrong.

If he had documents that were classified and still relevant and important, then it would be a serious crime, and depending on the level of damage, a misdemeanor or felony.

Same for Trump. But trouble is, Trump has documents that are more recent, and therefore, potentially much more damaging, so he could be in much more trouble than Biden.
this crime is a felony,, case closed,,

this crime is a felony,, case closed,,

This crime is a felony? Okay smart guy..............I posted links to try to explain (with little effect apparently) to your dumb ass that the severity would depend on what was actually in the documents. Now, your turn................post links to say that it is a felony, as well as to what level of felony (remember, there are different levels of felonies) it is. Still waiting on your link about your bullshit story of a sailor being jailed for taking a picture of a submerged submarine as well.

This crime is a felony? Okay smart guy..............I posted links to try to explain (with little effect apparently) to your dumb ass that the severity would depend on what was actually in the documents. Now, your turn................post links to say that it is a felony, as well as to what level of felony (remember, there are different levels of felonies) it is. Still waiting on your link about your bullshit story of a sailor being jailed for taking a picture of a submerged submarine as well.
no you didnt,,

At ease Sailor. It is obvious they are clueless.

I had a security clearance in the Marine Corps. Please explain what I have been wrong about.

As far as I can tell, I haven't seen anything you're wrong about. Progressive Hunter must be a Trumplican who has to defend The Donald at all costs.

Dunno if it's worth responding to them anymore, as he seems to keep jamming his paws in his ears and shouting "la la la la la".

As far as I can tell, I haven't seen anything you're wrong about. Progressive Hunter must be a Trumplican who has to defend The Donald at all costs.

Dunno if it's worth responding to them anymore, as he seems to keep jamming his paws in his ears and shouting "la la la la la".
I am bored as hell and cant go to sleep, my wife dozed off at halftime and my dog went up stairs and left me down here with my computer and netflix and a snoring wife. Even so, I am getting very bored with this thread. Have a good night Sailor. I think I will hit the rack.

I am bored as hell and cant go to sleep, my wife dozed off at halftime and my dog went up stairs and left me down here with my computer and netflix and a snoring wife. Even so, I am getting very bored with this thread. Have a good night Sailor. I think I will hit the rack.

Back at ya Devil Dog. Gonna play some Candy Crush and hit the rack myself.

Forum List

Back