Just shoot the Bear

Bears tend to avoid people. It's probably a male searching for food.

---What do bears eat? Bears mostly eat insects, small mammals, berries, grass, herbs, roots, and other plants. They’re omnivores, which means they will eat both plants and animals. Most bears’ diet is primarily made up of plants.---
I saw where a black bear ate on an logger once.....The Logger got killed by a kick-backed tree and when we found him his haunches had been eaten away....Easy to see it was a bear by the claw marks.

The dumb shit stayed behind at the temporary logger camp when the others went home for the weekend. I guess he figured he would get a head-start on Monday but got killed for his trouble. We found him on Monday. They figured he got killed on Saturday morning.

Between what the tree did to him and the bear gnawing on him he was quite the mess.

I saw where a black bear ate on an logger once.....The Logger got killed by a kick-backed tree and when we found him his haunches had been eaten away....Easy to see it was a bear by the claw marks.

The dumb shit stayed behind at the temporary logger camp when the others went home for the weekend. I guess he figured he would get a head-start on Monday but got killed for his trouble. We found him on Monday. They figured he got killed on Saturday morning.

Between what the tree did to him and the bear gnawing on him he was quite the mess.
It's not that male bears never attack humans, but it's the mama bear protecting her cubs that cause the most deaths/injuries to humans.

Mountain lions can be culled, but the undisputed king of the Western United States should be allowed to roam freely, they were here long before Europeans arrived and started slaughtering the natives. Not in numbers like bison, but still there were some large populations. They've shrunken considerably. The future does not look good. Habitat loss will restrict this apex predator to national parks eventually, and the numbers will likely be controlled there

Mountain lions can be culled, but the undisputed king of the Western United States should be allowed to roam freely, they were here long before Europeans arrived and started slaughtering the natives. Not in numbers like bison, but still there were some large populations. They've shrunken considerably. The future does not look good. Habitat loss will restrict this apex predator to national parks eventually, and the numbers will likely be controlled there
Bears don't contribute much to the natural balance except scat.

They will not be missed, especially the grizzlies. They don't take prey in numbers large enough to make any difference.

More of a nuisance and a dangerous one at that, than anything else.

Humans need boundaries. We don't need to occupy every bit of space. Having bears is necessary.

Having bears is necessary.
I don't know, about all they are good for when alive is tearing-up stuff. They are more useful dead and harvested for their parts.

You know that nothing will eat a bear other than carrion beetles, worms, and such. A dead one will just sorta "melt" into the forest floor....Turkey buzzards won't even eat them.

Forum List

Back