Just to educate the idiot population about the Conferate Flag and Confederacy.

Get yourselves an education if you're even capable of reading:

"Black Confederates" by Charles Kelly Barrow

"Black Sourherners in Confederate Armies" by J.H. Segars

"Slavery was it the cause of the war between the states" by Gene Kizer Jr.

"Everything you were taught about the Civil War is Wrong" by Lochlainn Seabrook

"Why I wave the Confederate Flag, written by a black man" by Anthony Hervey

"Black Southerners in Gray" by Arthur W. Bergeron & Thomas Y. Cartwright

Don't believe the radical communists desecration of the Confederacy or comply with their indoctrination in their efforts to turn America into the former Soviet Union.

You know what? You want to fly the Confederate flag? Go for it. Anyone is free to display whatever symbol they choose, as far as I'm concerned, and I'll defend their right to do so. Just don't tell me that there is no reason for some folks to find the flag offensive.

But...

A state capitol is supposed to represent ALL of the citizens of a state, not just a select few. It was past time for that flag to come down. It was done is a respectful manner, which I'm sure offended more than a few who opposed its presence, but it was the right way to do it.

Perhaps the situation would be different had the flag in question had not been co-opted by a bunch of ignorant, hateful buffoons, but it was. Tough shit.

Perhaps the situation would be different had the flag in question had not been co-opted by a bunch of ignorant, hateful buffoons, but it was. Tough shit.

They should have fought against the racists and prevented them from "dishonoring" it when that happened. Instead they condoned the racism with their silence.

Now they are paying the price.

Don't believe the radical communists desecration of the Confederacy or comply with their indoctrination in their efforts to turn America into the former Soviet Union.

You know what? You want to fly the Confederate flag? Go for it. Anyone is free to display whatever symbol they choose, as far as I'm concerned, and I'll defend their right to do so. Just don't tell me that there is no reason for some folks to find the flag offensive.

But...

A state capitol is supposed to represent ALL of the citizens of a state, not just a select few. It was past time for that flag to come down. It was done is a respectful manner, which I'm sure offended more than a few who opposed its presence, but it was the right way to do it.

Seems to me they could have made less of a spectacle out of it by simply -- instead of lowering the flag at 10 am.... simply not raising it in the morning in the first place.

But...

You do realize a dem governor put the flag up in the SC capitol and a republican tried to take it down and was promptly accused of showmanship and pretty much thrown out of office....right? Then again I bet you don't know that at all

seeing nobody gave a shit until some mental midget shot up a church.
The NAACP has been boycotting doing any business in SC for over 10 years due to the flag.

So you are wrong once again.

Gotta valid link for that? Not some blog. Until then you're sort of flapping your yap

It's true, and it's been fifteen years. The NCAA has forbidden any tournament to played here as well...

NAACP to end South Carolina boycott NCAA lifts championship ban - WCIV-TV ABC News 4 - Charleston News Sports Weather

NAACP NCAA plan to end boycott of South Carolina - Post and Courier

NCAA lifts ban on holding championships in South Carolina NCAA.com

But...

Seems to me they could have made less of a spectacle out of it by simply -- instead of lowering the flag at 10 am.... simply not raising it in the morning in the first place.

That would be fine if the flag had not been permanently locked in place... It had been flying perpetually, except I suppose to put up a new one once in a while since the law was passed.

But...

The only statement I disagree with is, "not just a select few". Perhaps I'm wrong but if state representatives represent the actual views of the people of the state then "not just a select few" doesn't really fit.

The NAACP has been boycotting doing any business in SC for over 10 years due to the flag.

Gotta valid link for that? Not some blog. Until then you're sort of flapping your yap

It's true, and it's been fifteen years. The NCAA has forbidden any tournament to played here as well...

NAACP to end South Carolina boycott NCAA lifts championship ban - WCIV-TV ABC News 4 - Charleston News Sports Weather

NAACP NCAA plan to end boycott of South Carolina - Post and Courier

NCAA lifts ban on holding championships in South Carolina NCAA.com

Stupid, the NCAA headquarters is in Indianapolis, the flag flies there.

But...

You do realize a dem governor put the flag up in the SC capitol and a republican tried to take it down and was promptly accused of showmanship and pretty much thrown out of office....right? Then again I bet you don't know that at all

But...

I've live here for almost four years, I know. I've done the research. A Democrat governor, a Democrat controlled senate, a Republican controlled house. Any other questions?

But...

But...

I've live here for almost four years, I know. I've done the research. A Democrat governor, a Democrat controlled senate, a Republican controlled house. Any other questions?

I never asked you a question, I stated a fact, dumb ass

That is impossible. You never have facts.

But...

But...

You're almost as easy to show for a fool as The Rabbi.
4i6Ckte.gif

With flag down NAACP mulls ending South Carolina boycott - CNNPolitics.com

NAACP boycott of S.C. poised to end

Confederate flag controversy and NAACP boycott resurface amid talk of football bowl game in Charleston - Post and Courier

NAACP Will look at ending S.C. boycott over flag

And it's been a 15 year boycott.
But you'll never stop flapping your yap.

SassyIrishlass and HJMICK are 2 of my favorite reads.. :omg: .. oh the horror, how can this be happening...:crybaby:

:lol:

But...

That would be fine if the flag had not been permanently locked in place... It had been flying perpetually, except I suppose to put up a new one once in a while since the law was passed.

Oh. I thought flags were raised and lowered with the sun.

What do I know from flags. The whole symbolism-fetish bidness is stoopid.

But...

Oh. I thought flags were raised and lowered with the sun.

What do I know from flags. The whole symbolism-fetish bidness is stoopid.
Sheesh, and here I thought you knew everything, this day is crushing me...:eusa_doh:

But...

But...

Sorry, dumbass, you used punctuation that indicated you ask a question. That's what this is: ?

When stating a fact, one should use a period. That's what this is: .

So you see, to any person with a grasp of the English language, you asked a question. (Notice that I used a period, making what I typed a statement of fact.)

Yup, and the Nazi Flag isn't 'all bad' either. Seriously, ya dumb Camo & Ammo white Redneck dimwits really do need to get it together. That flag represents nothing but bloody horror to African Americans. It represents rape, torture, and murder. Shouldn't have been allowed to fly on Government grounds. Period, end of story.

I am sorry to be the one that tell you that you are wrong.

Coming from a family that had an ancestor that fought for the Confederacy and having his letters that explained why he fought that flag represents history and defiance to an out of control Federal government.

That is a part of the South's history and a big part at that.

I fly my flag on my property as a recognition of the history of the state I live in, recognition of the sacrifice made by great great great grandfather to protect his state from an invasion and my personal defiance to this socialists shithole called the US.

None of those reasons have a damn thing to do with slavery.

If anybody doesn't like it they can kiss my Cracker ass.

Nobody cares where you have your treasonous cracker flag on your private property...its government property it needs to be removed from.
Naked racism? I knew I had you pegged right....

It's your flag, not the GOP's. You can't escape your racist past, and it's evident you can't escape you racist present either.

He was talking specifically about his personal flag.

Defending the racist treason flag by saying "Democrats put it up in 1960" may seem like an argument to you, but all you're doing is admitting that it shouldn't be there.
I don't care what you do with your flag.

I'm still trying to get one of these flaggers to tell me why now? Why weren't they batshit crazy over this a month ago?
=======================================================================================
Those who understood the flg should come down but could not get the majority to push hard looked at the church killings and said now do you get it. A vast majority of Americans got it and the flag is coming down in South Carolina and many other places.
Unfortunately there is a small minority that do not get it. The majority of the minority have been found to have diminished mental and reasoning skills. In discussions with this group, they did not seem to understand the diagnosis of diminished mental and reasoning skills. They seemed to understand better better when it was explained they are DUMB SHITS.

In short if you do not understand "why now" you are a DUMB SHIT.

I do like the Saints

Who's denying our poor history in the Democrat Party, Tiny? Name names.

DNC website. No guff. I have many friends that are Dems and my father in law and brother in law are devout but true D's that I love and and admire. For the most part we all have remained classical liberal so our ideologies can be discussed and debated without feeling the need to slap each other around. :lol: I don't appreciate the progressives that have hijacked the Dems.

Here's a list from my stack of stuff that WSJ came up with that was missing from D history at the website. Lots more at the link. I want to stay within the copyright rules of the board.

So what's missing?

• There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms supporting slavery. There were six from 1840 through 1860.

• There is no reference to the number of Democratic presidents who owned slaves. There were seven from 1800 through 1861

• There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject. There were 20, from 1868 through 1948.

• There is no reference to "Jim Crow" as in "Jim Crow laws," nor is there reference to the role Democrats played in creating them. These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 52-year part of the DNC's missing years.
  • These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches). The reason Rosa Parks became famous is that she sat in the "whites only" front section of a bus, the "whites only" designation the direct result of Democrats.

• There is no reference to the formation of the Ku Klux Klan, which, according to Columbia University historian Eric Foner, became "a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party."

• Nor is there reference to University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease's description of the Klan as the "terrorist arm of the Democratic Party."

• There is no reference to the fact Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution. The 13th banned slavery.

• The 14th effectively overturned the infamous 1857 Dred Scott decision (made by Democratic pro-slavery Supreme Court justices) by guaranteeing due process and equal protection to former slaves.

• The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote.

• There is no reference to the fact that Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866. It was passed by the Republican Congress over the veto of President Andrew Johnson, who had been a Democrat before joining Lincoln's ticket in 1864.

• The law was designed to provide blacks with the right to own private property, sign contracts, sue and serve as witnesses in a legal proceeding.There is no reference to the Democrats' opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1875.

• It was passed by a Republican Congress and signed into law by President Ulysses Grant. The law prohibited racial discrimination in public places and public accommodations.
  • There is no reference to the Democrats' 1904 platform, which devotes a section to "Sectional and Racial Agitation," claiming the GOP's protests against segregation and the denial of voting rights to blacks sought to "revive the dead and hateful race and sectional animosities in any part of our common country," which in turn "means confusion, distraction of business, and the reopening of wounds now happily healed."

• There is no reference to four Democratic platforms, 1908-20, that are silent on blacks, segregation, lynching and voting rights as racial problems in the country mount.

• By contrast the GOP platforms of those years specifically address "Rights of the Negro" (1908), oppose lynching (in 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928) and, as the New Deal kicks in, speak out about the dangers of making blacks "wards of the state."
  • There is no reference to the Democratic Convention of 1924, known to history as the "Klanbake." The 103-ballot convention was held in Madison Square Garden. Hundreds of delegates were members of the Ku Klux Klan, the Klan so powerful that a plank condemning Klan violence was defeated outright.

• To celebrate, the Klan staged a rally with 10,000 hooded Klansmen in a field in New Jersey directly across the Hudson from the site of the convention.

• Attended by hundreds of cheering convention delegates, the rally featured burning crosses and calls for violence against African-Americans and Catholics.
  • There is no reference to the fact that it was Democrats who segregated the federal government, at the direction of President Woodrow Wilson upon taking office in 1913. There \is a reference to the fact that President Harry Truman integrated the military after World War II.

• There is reference to the fact that Democrats created the Federal Reserve Board, passed labor and child welfare laws, and created Social Security with Wilson's New Freedom and FDR's New Deal.

• There is no mention that these programs were created as the result of an agreement to ignore segregation and the lynching of blacks. Neither is there a reference to the thousands of local officials, state legislators, state governors, U.S. congressmen and U.S. senators who were elected as supporters of slavery and then segregation between 1800 and 1965.

• Nor is there reference to the deal with the devil that left segregation and lynching as a way of life in return for election support for three post-Civil War Democratic presidents, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
  • There is no reference that three-fourths of the opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill in the U.S. House came from Democrats, or that 80% of the "nay" vote in the Senate came from Democrats.

• Certainly there is no reference to the fact that the opposition included future Democratic Senate leader Robert Byrd of West Virginia (a former Klan member) and Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr., father of Vice President Al Gore.

• Last but certainly not least, there is no reference to the fact that Birmingham, Ala., Public Safety Commissioner Bull Connor, who infamously unleashed dogs and fire hoses on civil rights protestors, was in fact--yes indeed--a member of both the Democratic National Committee and the Ku Klux Klan.
More at link:

The Democrats Missing History - WSJ
Interesting that you claim it is "missing" when it is very easy to access all that stuff at any time.

And there's nothing at the "link" anyway except a notice you have to be a member to read it.

Fuck that.

If I got in there you can.
WSJ has a paywall. If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot access content.

So your comment is disingenuous.

I'm not a subscriber. I got in just fine.

Forum List

Back