Justice Ginsburg

He'll have to do something. The dems can fillubuster to death any Scalia replacement. There will be at least two gop senators who want some compromise to keep the filibuster as it is. No one is happy with what Reid did.

The actual nominees will be up to Trump, and that's crazy enough.
Lets presume that the GOP does NOT change the current filibuster rules.

And lets presume Schumer filibusters all GOP nominations to the SCOTUS.

Right now they are 4 to 4 split, and so the various circuit court rulings on controversial political issues will all stand.

So each of the circuit courts is in summa a de facto SCOTUS justice appointment.

BUT when Ginsberg dies, then it will become to 3 vs 3 with 1 swing voter.

And then the tie is broken.

So Schumer is doomed, no matter what he does.

It is all in the hands of God now.
You presume Ginsberg's seat will be the next vacancy. That may or may not be true.

The other unknowns are whether Trump will be a one termer, and it's a certainty that while the dems defend many more seats in 2018, the opposite is the case for 2020. The smart move for McConnell would be a deal to give Trump one certain seat, and two if another opens up, in one term. The worst the gop does is maintain a 5-4 advantage with Kennedy being the only goper 80 or over.

Trump may not even be eligible to run in 2020, much less win reelection. Hell, if there even is a 2020 election.
Sure. We all understand that Trump was never going to be the Rep candidate, then he was never going to beat Hillary.

And yet, after all that, the butt hurt is all on your side. Go figure.

Trump well could be the most consequential president since Reagan. As a matter of fact even FDR.
The only similarities to those 2 would be that he's a shitty actor and that he'll preside over a World War

Who is trump going to start a war with?
His thoughts exactly. But with fingers twiddling together.

Whoever it starts with, it will end up wih Russia, China, and Iran on the same side against us. And many of our allies sitting it out because of the actions taken by the U.S. to start the war.
Idiot, Russia, Iran and China are already on the same side.

I would ask you intellectually (hypothetically of course), which of those countries could we ally ourselves.

It's a new world asshole.
Duh you dumb fucking rube. Go tell that to Trump who wants a love affair with a former KGB and trade war with China.

She better fucking make it through the next 4 years after refusing to retire under Obama.
LOL...good luck with that.

And don't forget Kennedy's a fellow octogenarian while Breyer's knocking on the door at 78.

Wouldn't four appointments in Trump's first term be cool! Talk about making America great again...on steroids!
"Cool" is not what I'd call the end of he union

She better fucking make it through the next 4 years after refusing to retire under Obama.

And don't forget Kennedy's a fellow octogenarian while Breyer's knocking on the door at 78.

Wouldn't four appointments in Trump's first term be cool! Talk about making America great again...on steroids!
How 'bout Barry's fault?

How 'bout Barry's fault?
I guess he still has 7 days for that you dumb fucking rube

You are a lowlife, disgusting piece of dogshit.

Did you feel the same way about the people that did the Snoopy Happy Dance when Scalia died?
I don't know who you are talking about that did a "Snoopy Happy Dance" over scalia dying, but yes, they would be lowlife scumbags in my book also.

Glad to hear you weren't one of the dozens on this board that cheered Scalias death.

That was because the VOR was nutting his pants when Scalia died.

The VOR is full of it. He was over joyed on this board when Obama had Scalia murdered.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So now Obama had Scalia murdered, huh? LOL. You are one delusional asshole. In other words, a typical trump supporter.

Not a Trump lover rather I don't like the Democrats and their far left turn. I still would have preferred another candidate. But sure as hell glad he won.

And lighten up Francis that was a joke!

She is 84 you old and emphasis on the OLD.

She had colon cancer in the late 90sand underwent chemo that takes years off your life, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2009 and stents placed in her artery. She constantly misses time on the bench due to illness that and clearly hasn't had the mental capacity or stamina to do her very important job at 25% capacity. Yet she remains on the bench. Forget the fact that she has been one of the worst justices in this nations history. She ignores the constitution and always rules along her ACLU ideology. He mental capacity has not been there in a decade. Yet she still is on the bench. Arguably the 2nd most important position in the US next to POTUS.

Her selfishness kept her from retiring when Obama was president and it will be an abuse of justice if she tries to make it through Trump 1st term.

She looks like the walking dead. I personally am going to do the happy dance when she dies! She has done that much damage. It could be any day now.

Just like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi she looks like something straight out of a Tim Burton film…

Damnit man....when I see a thread with that old bitches name I was hoping she had croaked! Got my hopes up!

She is a real scumbag! But you are only against her because she is Jewish! You probably don't know a single thing about her! You are a typical redneck low info voter that the left complains about!

Go fuck yourself

We get a MINIMUM of two (2) SCOTUS appointments.

The people that will see the next liberal scumbag SCOTUS haven't been born yet

Yea but if the second is Thomas then we are at status quo. If Ginsburg goes then we have a constitutional conservative bench. One the GOP can select and the Dems on their minority can do a thing about it.

Current make up:
Conservative
Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Open Scalia
Swing:
Kennedy
Liberal
Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, Breyer

Kennedy is always the most important Justice because he swing both ways. If Ginsburg crocks, they won't need to sway Kennedy.

Roberts is swing..he DID vote FOR obamacare tax.

Damnit man....when I see a thread with that old bitches name I was hoping she had croaked! Got my hopes up!

She is a real scumbag! But you are only against her because she is Jewish! You probably don't know a single thing about her! You are a typical redneck low info voter that the left complains about!

Go fuck yourself

No snowflake I don't like her for several reasons. She is pro abortion,pro gun grabber,pro illegal immigration...aka she is pro EVERYTHING the country was never intended to be. Back to whining and sucking jew cock for you.

Ruth Bader Ginsurg will outlive Trump

With his weight and inability to tolerate stress, you can expect him to pull a Scalia and die choking on a ham sandwich or something

How 'bout Barry's fault?
I guess he still has 7 days for that you dumb fucking rube
LOL...enjoy the next eight years, oldie. You dipshits just gave away the Supreme Court for just about ever! Be sure to thank the Hildebeast and your idiot cohorts who voted for her. You losers sure have a hard time with an election's consequences, huh?

Old Ruthie likely thought hilly was a shoe-in just like most good libbers.

Oopsie.

Ya'll might wanna pool your nickels and get her some new parts....

8 years brah! Trump will win reelection

Trump may not even be eligible to run in 2020, much less win reelection. Hell, if there even is a 2020 election.
Sure. We all understand that Trump was never going to be the Rep candidate, then he was never going to beat Hillary.

Trump well could be the most consequential president since Reagan. As a matter of fact even FDR.
The only similarities to those 2 would be that he's a shitty actor and that he'll preside over a World War

Whoever it starts with, it will end up wih Russia, China, and Iran on the same side against us. And many of our allies sitting it out because of the actions taken by the U.S. to start the war.

Its no secret that O is/has been trying to instigate a conflagration with russia ie tanks and troops to russian border, proxy war against russia in syria, interfering in ukraine etc. So again, since trump has tried to quell our hostilities towards russia, why would he start a ww?

Its no secret that O is/has been trying to instigate a conflagration with russia ie tanks and troops to russian border, proxy war against russia in syria, interfering in ukraine etc. So again, since trump has tried to quell our hostilities towards russia, why would he start a ww?

If that was Obama's intention, he could have brought in the tanks as soon as Putin invaded Crimea

Instead, he imposed economic sanctions to punish Russia

A move conservatives accused him of cowardice

Forum List

Back