Justice Ginsburg

McConnell knows he is in a pickle.

He will compromise in order to prevent a Ginsberg or an Alito on the bench.

He will go middle of the road.
You're really screwed when it comes to SCOTUS. In four years it'll be 6 - 3, in 7 - 2.

Flakey, you're predictions are more unreliable than a Huffpost the poll.

No pickle at all. He will allow up to 3 Trump picks. The liberal media will scream hypocrite, but they will scream no matter who is picked!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

She better fucking make it through the next 4 years after refusing to retire under Obama.

8 years brah! Trump will win reelection

Trump may not even be eligible to run in 2020, much less win reelection. Hell, if there even is a 2020 election.
Sure. We all understand that Trump was never going to be the Rep candidate, then he was never going to beat Hillary.

And yet, after all that, the butt hurt is all on your side. Go figure.

Trump well could be the most consequential president since Reagan. As a matter of fact even FDR.

We get a MINIMUM of two (2) SCOTUS appointments.

The people that will see the next liberal scumbag SCOTUS haven't been born yet

Yea but if the second is Thomas then we are at status quo. If Ginsburg goes then we have a constitutional conservative bench. One the GOP can select and the Dems on their minority can do a thing about it.

Current make up:
Conservative
Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Open Scalia
Swing:
Kennedy
Liberal
Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, Breyer

Kennedy is always the most important Justice because he swing both ways. If Ginsburg crocks, they won't need to sway Kennedy.

She is 84 you old and emphasis on the OLD.

She had colon cancer in the late 90sand underwent chemo that takes years off your life, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2009 and stents placed in her artery. She constantly misses time on the bench due to illness that and clearly hasn't had the mental capacity or stamina to do her very important job at 25% capacity. Yet she remains on the bench. Forget the fact that she has been one of the worst justices in this nations history. She ignores the constitution and always rules along her ACLU ideology. He mental capacity has not been there in a decade. Yet she still is on the bench. Arguably the 2nd most important position in the US next to POTUS.

Her selfishness kept her from retiring when Obama was president and it will be an abuse of justice if she tries to make it through Trump 1st term.

She looks like the walking dead. I personally am going to do the happy dance when she dies! She has done that much damage. It could be any day now.

You are a lowlife, disgusting piece of dogshit.

Mucho Gracias

You're really screwed when it comes to SCOTUS. In four years it'll be 6 - 3, in 7 - 2.

No more than you, meatflake, who got it wrong over and over, and then got it right. Right now on ACA it is 5-3. On Roe it is 6-2. Citizens is protected. You chatter but don't matter.

Yer dreaming
Not at all. McConnell does not give a crap about the far right now that he is majority leader again with an antiTrump group among his senators who have no trouble with Roe. I do expect Citizens United will be untouchable.

You are delusional brah! He only wants conservative justices. He didn't give a crap about anything else but getting the Scalia pick in front of a Republicans POTUS

No more than you, meatflake, who got it wrong over and over, and then got it right. Right now on ACA it is 5-3. On Roe it is 6-2. Citizens is protected. You chatter but don't matter.
Roe is over....and Obamacare is dead.....

Yer dreaming
Not at all. McConnell does not give a crap about the far right now that he is majority leader again with an antiTrump group among his senators who have no trouble with Roe. I do expect Citizens United will be untouchable.

You are delusional brah! He only wants conservative justices. He didn't give a crap about anything else but getting the Scalia pick in front of a Republicans POTUS Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
He told you what you wanted to hear, nothing more, and you fell for it. The Merrick Garland types really are right up his alley. So we will sit back and wait a week or two for his nominee.

He'll have to do something. The dems can fillubuster to death any Scalia replacement. There will be at least two gop senators who want some compromise to keep the filibuster as it is. No one is happy with what Reid did.

The actual nominees will be up to Trump, and that's crazy enough.

No sir they can not. The good thing about Obaminationcare is they establish the reconciliation process to Trump the filibuster! They will stall it no doubt, but won't prevent a thing. So sorry

She had colon cancer in the late 90sand underwent chemo that takes years off your life, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2009 and stents placed in her artery. She constantly misses time on the bench due to illness that and clearly hasn't had the mental capacity or stamina to do her very important job at 25% capacity. Yet she remains on the bench. Forget the fact that she has been one of the worst justices in this nations history. She ignores the constitution and always rules along her ACLU ideology. He mental capacity has not been there in a decade. Yet she still is on the bench. Arguably the 2nd most important position in the US next to POTUS.

Her selfishness kept her from retiring when Obama was president and it will be an abuse of justice if she tries to make it through Trump 1st term.

She looks like the walking dead. I personally am going to do the happy dance when she dies! She has done that much damage. It could be any day now.

Did you feel the same way about the people that did the Snoopy Happy Dance when Scalia died?
I don't know who you are talking about that did a "Snoopy Happy Dance" over scalia dying, but yes, they would be lowlife scumbags in my book also.

Glad to hear you weren't one of the dozens on this board that cheered Scalias death.

That was because the VOR was nutting his pants when Scalia died.

The VOR is full of it. He was over joyed on this board when Obama had Scalia murdered.

He'll have to do something. The dems can fillubuster to death any Scalia replacement. There will be at least two gop senators who want some compromise to keep the filibuster as it is. No one is happy with what Reid did.

No sir they can not. The good thing about Obaminationcare is they establish the reconciliation process to Trump the filibuster! They will stall it no doubt, but won't prevent a thing. So sorry

Er.. no... Reconciliation is only valid for budgetary measures, at this point the filibuster rules remain intact with respect to SCOTUS nominees, that is unless the Senate Republicans try and succeed to expand the "Reid Rule" to include SCOTUS nominees or go full on Nuclear Option, which will lead to other problems for 'em down the road......

Clarence Thomas might retire and give PRESIDENT Trump a chance to put another, much younger justice on the bench.

Why would Thomas retire? He's only 68 which is for SCOTUS Justice (relatively) young.

IMHO more likely to retire would be
Ginsberg (83 years old)
Kennedy (80 years old)
Breyer (78 years old)

Thomas has stated he wants to retire soon.

I would mind seeing the others 3 go

Did you feel the same way about the people that did the Snoopy Happy Dance when Scalia died?
I don't know who you are talking about that did a "Snoopy Happy Dance" over scalia dying, but yes, they would be lowlife scumbags in my book also.

Glad to hear you weren't one of the dozens on this board that cheered Scalias death.

That was because the VOR was nutting his pants when Scalia died.

The VOR is full of it. He was over joyed on this board when Obama had Scalia murdered.

So now Obama had Scalia murdered, huh? LOL. You are one delusional asshole. In other words, a typical trump supporter.

Clarence Thomas might retire and give PRESIDENT Trump a chance to put another, much younger justice on the bench.

Why would Thomas retire? He's only 68 which is for SCOTUS Justice (relatively) young.

IMHO more likely to retire would be
Ginsberg (83 years old)
Kennedy (80 years old)
Breyer (78 years old)

Thomas has stated he wants to retire soon.

I would mind seeing the others 3 go

When and where did he state that? as far as I know there were rumors from "anonymous sources" spread by one news outlet last year but Thomas's wife came out and denied that they were true.

Ever seen the movie "Weekend at Bernies"?

She died years ago.

Reid did not change filibuster rules for Justices. If the dems filibuster, McConnell needs his entire 52 AND 6 dems. Not gonna happen. He could blow up the filibuster itself, but he'd need 51 gopers. Not likely.

The gop will pick up seats in 2018 because so many dems are running. But without some compromise, the dems can keep a 4-4 court for two years.

Im more worried about her senility and incompetence than age.

Reid did not change filibuster rules for Justices. If the dems filibuster, McConnell needs his entire 52 AND 6 dems. Not gonna happen. He could blow up the filibuster itself, but he'd need 51 gopers. Not likely.

The gop will pick up seats in 2018 because so many dems are running. But without some compromise, the dems can keep a 4-4 court for two years.

He would need his entire 52 AND 8 dems for cloture and IMHO he'll probably be able to manage that since there are 10 Democrat Senators up for re-election in 2018 in States that Trump won and then there's Manchin who's practically a Republican anyways.

As far as "blowing up" the filibuster, he really only needs 50 Republicans since Pence is the tie breaker.

Forum List

Back