Justice Scalia: 'Constitution is not a living organism'

I see. And what was the exact meaning of the word "arms", in as to "keep and bear arms"?

Those suited to the common defense provided by the militia, comprised of the people of the several states, i.e., military-grade armaments at the infantry level, which, today, lawfully include semiautomatic guns and rifles, and rightly so. Automatic rifles should be included too and were until 1939 when statists decided to give the ATF more work to do after the constitutional repeal of Prohibition.

Any more questions?

Nope, you'll excuse my LMFAO. Original intent includes the use of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons delivered by missiles able to travel thousands of miles in less than an hour. Who would have known the founders were so prescient.

Did you have any relatives in the Pacific Theatre?

If you did that might have been a reason to reject the use of the Bomb on Japan.....if only to preclude you being here.

A whole goddamned 12 years, I'm so fucking impressed, I retired with 26 years so I'll put my service medals up against yours any day. Your words have proven you have no honor and no interest in protecting this country against the progressive slime like yourself. The Constitution stands alone as written and no judge has the power to alter it or it's meaning, only the states can do that through article 5. All branches of the federal government are ruled by that document, not the other way around. You don't like it move your senile ass to a country that has a government that better suits you, may I suggest N Korea.

Obviously your brain and your morals ossified in the later part of your career.

My words have shown that I recognize you for the coward that you have become with no love for your oath or your country.

Our legislatures and the courts of We the People, not Tigger the Terror, decide what the Constitution means.

Son, no one is moving anywhere because of your hissy.

Jeez... more of your "We the People" bullshit?

You don't have a clue what that means.

A whole goddamned 12 years, I'm so fucking impressed, I retired with 26 years so I'll put my service medals up against yours any day. Your words have proven you have no honor and no interest in protecting this country against the progressive slime like yourself. The Constitution stands alone as written and no judge has the power to alter it or it's meaning, only the states can do that through article 5. All branches of the federal government are ruled by that document, not the other way around. You don't like it move your senile ass to a country that has a government that better suits you, may I suggest N Korea.

My words have shown that I recognize you for the coward that you have become with no love for your oath or your country.

Our legislatures and the courts of We the People, not Tigger the Terror, decide what the Constitution means.

Jeez... more of your "We the People" bullshit?

You don't have a clue what that means.

Don't be TOO harsh on Jake, he's only had sex with two men in his life and one died to get away from him.

Exactly who the hell do you think you are to speak for anyone other than yourself. You're the fucking coward because I know you don't have the balls to spew your shit to my or anyone's face. No legislature or court has the Constitutional Authority to make changes to the document except as provided in Article 5. Prove me wrong by quoting the Constitution or shut the fuck up.

Exactly who the hell do you think you are to speak for anyone other than yourself. You're the fucking coward because I know you don't have the balls to spew your shit to my or anyone's face. No legislature or court has the Constitutional Authority to make changes to the document except as provided in Article 5. Prove me wrong by quoting the Constitution or shut the fuck up.

Tex were too hard on Jake?

another leftist who imagines that the framers' understanding of reality, the realities of human nature and the imperatives of natural law, are no longer valid . . . Have somehow faded away--magic!--under the sway of some indefinable whim of modernity, which, in fact, in the final analysis, is nothing more than the relativist baby talk of some imposed on everyone else, statist expediency parading as pragmatism, as old as mankind and still just as deadly.

wtf???

Exactly! You don't know and you don't understand what most educated conservatives/libertarians do at a glance. One cannot properly understand and faithfully apply constitutional law relative to the Republic's founding ethos to the everyday concerns and challenges of life without knowing and understanding the natural law of the Anglo-American tradition harking back to Augustine and perfected by Locke.

Jonesey, by sheer accident to be sure, accurately alludes to the people's general understanding of the Second Amendment at the time of the Constitution's impending ratification. They knew, indeed, lived and breathed, Lockean natural law. For decades, Americans lived and breathed it. Americans knew who John Locke was and celebrated him as the father of classical liberalism and the preeminent sage of the sociopolitical theory on which the Republic was founded.

And then the Twentieth Century happened, and the public education system happened, "progressives" like Wilson happened and the 16th Amendment happened. . . . And folks fell into a deep slumber.

But I'm talking to a wall, I know.

Sadly, too many conservatives have lost touch with it too, at least in terms of its academics, as they apprehend it and practice it by keen instinct. That's why it's called natural law.

On the other hand, you leftists are utterly clueless.

natural law, thats amusing

Those suited to the common defense provided by the militia, comprised of the people of the several states, i.e., military-grade armaments at the infantry level, which, today, lawfully include semiautomatic guns and rifles, and rightly so. Automatic rifles should be included too and were until 1939 when statists decided to give the ATF more work to do after the constitutional repeal of Prohibition.

Any more questions?

Nope, you'll excuse my LMFAO. Original intent includes the use of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons delivered by missiles able to travel thousands of miles in less than an hour. Who would have known the founders were so prescient.

If you did that might have been a reason to reject the use of the Bomb on Japan.....if only to preclude you being here.

I have no idea what you're suggesting. I spent two tours in the Pacific Theater on ASW Patrol aboard a DD (1967 -1969) but that and the fact I was a projectile man in a 5" 38 and was assigned a BAR for close combat had no relationship to the Second Amendment.

Let him say that shit to my face and I'll show you hard on someone, I'd open a supersized can of whopass on the boy. His feeble mind is writing checks his body most likely can't cash.

I have no idea what you're suggesting. I spent two tours in the Pacific Theater on ASW Patrol aboard a DD (1967 -1969) but that and the fact I was a projectile man in a 5" 38 and was assigned a BAR for close combat had no relationship to the Second Amendment.

The fact that I mentioned the bomb would have told any semi intelligent person what I was talking about.

Let him say that shit to my face and I'll show you hard on someone, I'd open a supersized can of whopass on the boy. His feeble mind is writing checks his body most likely can't cash.

Jake is just another effeminate Liberal asshole.

He has no life and everyone he ever cared about left him because of what and who he was.

He has one purpose left in his own head....too make everyone who will let him as miserable as he is.

another leftist who imagines that the framers' understanding of reality, the realities of human nature and the imperatives of natural law, are no longer valid . . . Have somehow faded away--magic!--under the sway of some indefinable whim of modernity, which, in fact, in the final analysis, is nothing more than the relativist baby talk of some imposed on everyone else, statist expediency parading as pragmatism, as old as mankind and still just as deadly.

wtf???

Exactly! You don't know and you don't understand what most educated conservatives/libertarians do at a glance. One cannot properly understand and faithfully apply constitutional law relative to the Republic's founding ethos to the everyday concerns and challenges of life without knowing and understanding the natural law of the Anglo-American tradition harking back to Augustine and perfected by Locke.

Jonesey, by sheer accident to be sure, accurately alludes to the people's general understanding of the Second Amendment at the time of the Constitution's impending ratification. They knew, indeed, lived and breathed, Lockean natural law. For decades, Americans lived and breathed it. Americans knew who John Locke was and celebrated him as the father of classical liberalism and the preeminent sage of the sociopolitical theory on which the Republic was founded.

And then the Twentieth Century happened, and the public education system happened, "progressives" like Wilson happened and the 16th Amendment happened. . . . And folks fell into a deep slumber.

But I'm talking to a wall, I know.

Sadly, too many conservatives have lost touch with it too, at least in terms of its academics, as they apprehend it and practice it by keen instinct. That's why it's called natural law.

On the other hand, you leftists are utterly clueless.

Heh... yeah. That's me. Card carrying leftist!

Out of sheer curiosity, have they legalized pot in your state already?

Last edited:

You, Tigger, are clearly melting because you recognize your impotence in this matter. Actually I bet you are as squishy inside your soul as Winnie the Pooh and his honey jar.

We the People in our legislatures and our courts make the decisions about the Constitutions, not wimps like you.

You are entitled to your opinion and your vote, nothing more.

You, Tigger, are clearly melting because you recognize your impotence in this matter. Actually I bet you are as squishy inside your soul as Winnie the Pooh and his honey jar.

We the People in our legislatures and our courts make the decisions about the Constitutions, not wimps like you.

There will be more, bet on it.

We the People in our legislatures and our courts make the decisions about the Constitutions...

Nope. The people make decisions about the Constitution via conventions and the amendment process.

Exactly wrong. We're all entitled to the protections codified in the Constitution, regardless of legislation and elections. That's the entire point of having a Constitution over and above democratic politics.

Seriously. Crack open a history book. Reading is Fundamental.

dblack and Tiger, you are entitled to the representation in the legislatures and the courts appointed by the executive and ratified by the legislatures.

You do not take upon the powers of government to enforce your ideas contrary to the above.

dblack and Tiger, you are entitled to the representation in the legislatures and the courts appointed by the executive and ratified by the legislatures.

You do not take upon the powers of government to enforce your ideas contrary to the above.

Nor do you faggot ;)

Nor do you faggot ;)

Sigh, of course I don't and neither do you.

That's the point. We are subject to the government of We the People created by the Constitution.

Last edited:

You got it backasswards Jake. The Constitution is a contract of sovereignty that supersedes legislatures and courts. Fuck with it, and the contract is null and void. In other words, We the People are under no obligation to abide government that fails to honor its obligations, regardless of how our representatives vote.

Last edited:

You got it backasswards Jake. The Constitution is a contract of sovereignty that supersedes legislatures and courts. Fuck with it, and the contract is null and void. In other words, We the People are under no obligation to abide government that fails to honor its obligations, regardless of how our representatives vote.

You clearly have no constitutional understanding.

You will abide what We the People require until you can control We the People to do what you want.

That won't happen.

Forum List

Back