Justice Scalia Stands Firm in His Views of Same-sex 'Marriage' Decision

Well done, Mr. Justice...
love-love.jpg

NOMblog: Justice Scalia Stands Firm in His Views of Same-sex 'Marriage' Decision

I agree with him the Supreme Court IS a threat to the United States but Scalia loses major points from me with his Citizens United decision. He is still the most respected and correctly minded SC justice but his decision on that especially was wrong.

Their problem is that the states have already thought of a way around it. They will simply stop issuing marriage licenses and allow a simple form be submitted to the Probate Judge's office and a filing fee be paid by the form submitter. This will prevent lawsuits against pastors, county clerks, justices of the peace, etc., yet continue to allow the state to collect revenue from the form's probate. This reduces marriage to simply a legal exercise without the benefit of clergy or religion.

NOMblog: Justice Scalia Stands Firm in His Views of Same-sex 'Marriage' Decision

I agree with him the Supreme Court IS a threat to the United States but Scalia loses major points from me with his Citizens United decision. He is still the most respected and correctly minded SC justice but his decision on that especially was wrong.

Prior to Citizens United, states were allowed to exempt labor unions from free speech restrictions they placed on corporations. Austin v. Michigan Chamber of Commerce. In addition, the Federal Elections Commission could pick and choose which films could shown before elections (anti-Bush OK; anti-Hillary not OK). Despite all the liberal BS, this decision merely evened the playing field between (conservative) businesses and (liberal) labor unions.

The real issue that Scalia is addressing regarding the same-sex marriage decision is the Court's movement towards legislating by judicial fiat. It is clear that the Constitutional principle of State sovereignty has been replaced by federal jurisprudence.

Last edited:
He can 'stand firm' until the cows come home but it still means jack shit in regards to Obergefell v. Hodges.

Prior to Citizens United, states were allowed to exempt labor unions from free speech restrictions they placed on corporations. Austin v. Michigan Chamber of Commerce. In addition, the Federal Elections Commission could pick and choose which films could shown before elections (anti-Bush OK; anti-Hillary not OK). Despite all the liberal BS, this decision merely evened the playing field between (conservative) businesses and (liberal) labor unions.
It should have been made even some other way for sure. I am not against it for that reason I am against the decision because now corporations can literally BUY a candidate. ALL money from corporations needs knocked from the political process no matter from what side etc Unions as well...no money because you have the power to sway politicians.

He can 'stand firm' until the cows come home but it still means jack shit in regards to Obergefell v. Hodges.
Sometimes a mans principles mean more than a thugs in robes decisions but like someone already said the states are already finding ways to deal with this decision.

Sometimes a mans principles mean more than a thugs in robes decisions but like someone already said the states are already finding ways to deal with this decision.

And those 'ways' do absolutely nothing to stop gays from getting legally married in those states.

And those 'ways' do absolutely nothing to stop gays from getting legally married in those states.
Removes what the faggots really wanted. State approval or forcing religious people to personally put a stamp or signature on their application. :)

Removes what the faggots really wanted. State approval or forcing religious people to personally put a stamp or signature on their application. :)

The state is still approves these marriages. I love that some people think this is some victory even despite the fact that queers continue to marry. Any port in a storm I suppose.

The state is still approves these marriages. I love that some people think this is some victory even despite the fact that queers continue to marry. Any port in a storm I suppose.
States are leaving the marriage business,they are passing laws allowing judges/clerks that object on religious grounds to not sign the licenses but get someone else to do it. Its FINALLY got the ball rolling to get the state of of the marriage business and its about time...all it took was destroying the definition of marriage and ripping the constitution up to accomplish it. What faggots wanted truly was to FORCE someone to put a signature down or stamp their approval the majority of states will just start making it a civil contract and filed where no one has to sign anything.

States are leaving the marriage business,they are passing laws allowing judges/clerks that object on religious grounds to not sign the licenses but get someone else to do it. Its FINALLY got the ball rolling to get the state of of the marriage business and its about time...all it took was destroying the definition of marriage and ripping the constitution up to accomplish it. What faggots wanted truly was to FORCE someone to put a signature down or stamp their approval the majority of states will just start making it a civil contract and filed where no one has to sign anything.

That of course is a very dramatic view of the situation as states are still in the marriage business. They just shifted it to other agencies. States had an opportunity for civil unions and not marriage for gays last decade but that was far too close to marriage for the social conservatives to handle. They missed an opportunity and overreached by banning both and now they can't do shit to stop gays from marrying. They'll get over it.

Their problem is that the states have already thought of a way around it. They will simply stop issuing marriage licenses and allow a simple form be submitted to the Probate Judge's office and a filing fee be paid by the form submitter. This will prevent lawsuits against pastors, county clerks, justices of the peace, etc., yet continue to allow the state to collect revenue from the form's probate. This reduces marriage to simply a legal exercise without the benefit of clergy or religion.
That's fine...by doing that they following Constitutionality....for all. BTW...civil marriage has NEVER required clergy or religion.....so this just streamlines the license process. Win for all. Might even save some bucks and they can get rid of some government jobs while at it.

That of course is a very dramatic view of the situation as states are still in the marriage business. They just shifted it to other agencies. States had an opportunity for civil unions and not marriage for gays last decade but that was far too close to marriage for the social conservatives to handle. They missed an opportunity and overreached by banning both and now they can't do shit to stop gays from marrying. They'll get over it.
Nah now it just makes it easier when the time comes for the cleansing :) All wrote down in a file!

Nah now it just makes it easier when the time comes for the cleansing :) All wrote down in a file!
Like writing down all who wave Con-federate flags....and tracing IPs for anti-gay posts....easy to spot for the "cleansing". :D

Forum List

Back