Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

There are plenty of white guys in the NBA. They just dont happen to be american.
How would you like White Americans Affirmative Action for the NBA. The whites wouldn't be as gifted as the rest of the team, but they should be allowed to play to "even the playing field."

A truly underrepresented minority in the NBA....Japanese, and Filipino Americans............they should be allowed to play regardless of talent...or even desire to play....in fact...we should have them rounded up and made to play basketball to make up for past discrimination in the NBA.....
Let me know when the NBA becomes a non private business and I will see what I can do.

Well.....it seems to me that if you can force a baker to make a cake, and florists to provide flowers...forcing the NBA to hire Japanese American players under 5' 2" should be just as easy.....
Youre getting mixed up. Customers and employees are not the same.
Employers used Affirmative Action. Sports organizations should be forced the same way employers do.

How would you like White Americans Affirmative Action for the NBA. The whites wouldn't be as gifted as the rest of the team, but they should be allowed to play to "even the playing field."

A truly underrepresented minority in the NBA....Japanese, and Filipino Americans............they should be allowed to play regardless of talent...or even desire to play....in fact...we should have them rounded up and made to play basketball to make up for past discrimination in the NBA.....
Let me know when the NBA becomes a non private business and I will see what I can do.

Well.....it seems to me that if you can force a baker to make a cake, and florists to provide flowers...forcing the NBA to hire Japanese American players under 5' 2" should be just as easy.....
Youre getting mixed up. Customers and employees are not the same.
Employers used Affirmative Action. Sports organizations should be forced the same way employers do.
He wasnt talking about AA. Thats why I said he was confused.

Oh, the discrimination card. OK, whites are now being discriminated against and passed over to allow blacks to get a head start. When do whites get to cry about that? That's why I say throw out AA and allow a person's efforts and accomplishments to be real. No one needs to be artificially ahead of others because of race.
You get to cry after 310 years of slavery and 60 years of Johnny Bluejay.
You're here instead of some tribe and your ancestors elected to stay here after slavery was illegal. Can't cry about it now.
Personally I would have rather been back in Africa. The fact my ancestors elected to stay after building the country to enjoy the fruits of their labor has nothing to do with the point. The point is that whites used AA for centuries while devising a system tailored to making them successful to the detriment of others.
So it only fair that blacks do the same.
Its the fairest thing I can think of. Can you figure out how to implement a fair system when one portion of the populace already has the advantage?
I really do not see as one race has the advantage over another if AA was not allowed. It's only good business sense to hire all that legitimately qualify for running a successful business.

You're here instead of some tribe and your ancestors elected to stay here after slavery was illegal. Can't cry about it now.
Personally I would have rather been back in Africa. The fact my ancestors elected to stay after building the country to enjoy the fruits of their labor has nothing to do with the point. The point is that whites used AA for centuries while devising a system tailored to making them successful to the detriment of others.
Its the fairest thing I can think of. Can you figure out how to implement a fair system when one portion of the populace already has the advantage?
I really do not see as one race has the advantage over another if AA was not allowed. It's only good business sense to hire all that legitimately qualify for running a successful business.

Al is complaining that because my great, great grandfather was advantaged, (he wasn't) that that advantage is still carrying over to me.

Of course you dont see it. Youre probably white. Well let me ask you a simple question. What race owns the vast majority of the resources that provide jobs in the US? Who owns most of the wealth? Those two things should show you exactly who has the advantage because that generally determines success as defined by the US.

Oh, the discrimination card. OK, whites are now being discriminated against and passed over to allow blacks to get a head start. When do whites get to cry about that? That's why I say throw out AA and allow a person's efforts and accomplishments to be real. No one needs to be artificially ahead of others because of race.
But you are implying that blacks cannot emerge successful without artificial help. I say baloney. For goodness sakes, look at Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell. They didn't need any help.

But you are implying that blacks cannot emerge successful without artificial help. I say baloney. For goodness sakes, look at Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell. They didn't need any help.
Thats not what I am implying and it doesnt matter what you say. Blacks shouldnt have to be 10x better and more determined than a white person to "succeed".

Of course you dont see it. Youre probably white. Well let me ask you a simple question. What race owns the vast majority of the resources that provide jobs in the US? Who owns most of the wealth? Those two things should show you exactly who has the advantage because that generally determines success as defined by the US.

How did the fact that a lot of other white people owned a lot of shit, help me in college?

What ever population is in the majority.

How did the fact that a lot of other white people owned a lot of shit, help me in college?
For starters they gave you a job over a more qualified Black person.

What ever population is in the majority.
What race was that population when this country gained its economic power?

Why would they do that?

Thats not what I am implying and it doesnt matter what you say. Blacks shouldnt have to be 10x better and more determined than a white person to "succeed".
But I do not see it that way. They aren't 10 times better than whites to get ahead. Employers want the most qualified person. They don't have to be 10 times better than their opponent for a job, just qualified.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

But I do not see it that way. They aren't 10 times better than whites to get ahead. Employers want the most qualified person. They don't have to be 10 times better than their opponent for a job, just qualified.
Of coures you dont see it that way. Youre not Black so I wouldnt expect you to.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

Whites don't identify as a group the way The Brothers do.

Nope. When I was applying for a job, the blacks had priority.

Forum List

Back