Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

Of course you dont see it. Youre probably white. Well let me ask you a simple question. What race owns the vast majority of the resources that provide jobs in the US? Who owns most of the wealth? Those two things should show you exactly who has the advantage because that generally determines success as defined by the US.

How did the fact that a lot of other white people owned a lot of shit, help me in college?
For starters they gave you a job over a more qualified Black person.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

Whites don't identify as a group the way The Brothers do.
Thats not true. There are too many studies that prove you wrong. There is a reason a Black college educated person has a harder time getting a job than a white guy with only a high school education.

Its the fairest thing I can think of. Can you figure out how to implement a fair system when one portion of the populace already has the advantage?
I really do not see as one race has the advantage over another if AA was not allowed. It's only good business sense to hire all that legitimately qualify for running a successful business.

Of course you dont see it. Youre probably white. Well let me ask you a simple question. What race owns the vast majority of the resources that provide jobs in the US? Who owns most of the wealth? Those two things should show you exactly who has the advantage because that generally determines success as defined by the US.

How did the fact that a lot of other white people owned a lot of shit, help me in college?
Nope. When I was applying for a job, the blacks had priority.
Not after the quota was filled. Gimme a break. :laugh:

So it only fair that blacks do the same.
Its the fairest thing I can think of. Can you figure out how to implement a fair system when one portion of the populace already has the advantage?
But you are implying that blacks cannot emerge successful without artificial help. I say baloney. For goodness sakes, look at Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell. They didn't need any help.
Thats not what I am implying and it doesnt matter what you say. Blacks shouldnt have to be 10x better and more determined than a white person to "succeed".
But I do not see it that way. They aren't 10 times better than whites to get ahead. Employers want the most qualified person. They don't have to be 10 times better than their opponent for a job, just qualified.
Of coures you dont see it that way. Youre not Black so I wouldnt expect you to.

Let me ask you something. Are you black first, American then, male?

Why do you not accept that black people are equally endowed with intelligence? It's what a person makes of himself.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

Thats not true. There are too many studies that prove you wrong. There is a reason a Black college educated person has a harder time getting a job than a white guy with only a high school education.
I don't see that at all. Give me a link,

But you are implying that blacks cannot emerge successful without artificial help. I say baloney. For goodness sakes, look at Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell. They didn't need any help.
Thats not what I am implying and it doesnt matter what you say. Blacks shouldnt have to be 10x better and more determined than a white person to "succeed".
But I do not see it that way. They aren't 10 times better than whites to get ahead. Employers want the most qualified person. They don't have to be 10 times better than their opponent for a job, just qualified.

Why do you not accept that black people are equally endowed with intelligence? It's what a person makes of himself.
Black.

Who told you I dont accept that Black people are equally endowed with itelligence? For that matter what does that have to do with the fact whites are racist and prefer to hire other whites?

I really do not see as one race has the advantage over another if AA was not allowed. It's only good business sense to hire all that legitimately qualify for running a successful business.

All I saw that there were more blacks coming into schools than whites.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

You can look it up. I'm not really trying to convince you. I just telling you the facts. Check it out and you can show me what you learned.

Was it schools or was it jobs? You originally stated you were applying for a job.

Black.

Who told you I dont accept that Black people are equally endowed with itelligence? For that matter what does that have to do with the fact whites are racist and prefer to hire other whites?
So now you are saying all whites are racists. I would hire a person for a job if they were 1) qualified, 2) personable 3) dressed appropriately. Am I a racist?

Was it schools or was it jobs? You originally stated you were applying for a job.
As a teacher.

Black.

So now you are saying all whites are racists. I would hire a person for a job if they were 1) qualified, 2) personable 3) dressed appropriately. Am I a racist?
Obviously all whites are not racists but too many of them are.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

You can look it up. I'm not really trying to convince you. I just telling you the facts. Check it out and you can show me what you learned.
You made up the facts, you should provide a link if there is one.

As a teacher.
You have to give me more information than that. Youre experience doesnt count as a general statement on the dynamic.

Youre white like them.

You made up the facts, you should provide a link if there is one.
I didnt make up any facts. I just told you about them. I would provide a link if I was trying to prove something. As it is I think it would be beneficial to you to do your own looking and come back with what you find so we can compare.

So it only fair that blacks do the same.
You never answered if you were black first, then American.

You never answered if you were black first, then American.
Yeah I did. I just looked up the fact I gave you and its actually worse than that.

As a teacher.
You have to give me more information than that. Youre experience doesnt count as a general statement on the dynamic.
At the time I was looking for a job, schools were being desegregated according to education and race. They needed more minorities so qualified whites had to wait. I didn't have to wait long because I had my masters, (another qualification) and I did my student teaching in the inner city under a black principal who recommended me.

As a teacher.
At the time I was looking for a job, schools were being desegregated according to education and race. They needed more minorities so qualified whites had to wait. I didn't have to wait long because I had my masters, (another qualification) and I did my student teaching in the inner city under a black principal who recommended me.
That would pretty much explain your experience. That time has long passed.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

I don't care what you think some studies show. There is no such feeling of solidarity among WHites.

He made the comments during a major case about affirmative action at public universities.

WASHINGTON -- Do black students matter to Justice Antonin Scalia?

During oral arguments on Wednesday in Fisher v. University of Texas, a contentious affirmative action case, the conservative justice seemed to call their abilities into question.

"There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them into the University of Texas, where they do not do well," Scalia said, "as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school ... a slower-track school where they do well."

Scalia was engaging former U.S. Solicitor General Gregory Garre, who is now representing the University of Texas at Austin as the school defends its ongoing consideration of race as one of many factors in its admissions program.

Pointing to a brief the court received before oral arguments, Scalia noted "most of the black scientists in this country don't come from schools like the University of Texas."

Garre tried to interject, but the justice continued. "They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that ... they're being pushed ahead in classes that are too fast for them," Scalia said.

More: Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

This is really sad coming from a Supreme Court Justice - even from a NaziCon neanderthal like Scalia.
Hey Einstein. He was talking about the slow students who get admitted via affirmative action. It's obvious you didn't get snapped up by MIT.

LOL
I am unimpressed by MIT. I worked with some dumb people that graduated from that school.

You worked ???

We know that can't be true.
There's the RW spirit.

Forum List

Back