Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

For starters they gave you a job over a more qualified Black person.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

Whites don't identify as a group the way The Brothers do.
Thats not true. There are too many studies that prove you wrong. There is a reason a Black college educated person has a harder time getting a job than a white guy with only a high school education.

I don't care what you think some studies show. There is no such feeling of solidarity among WHites.
I've long known you dont care about facts. Not really my issue what you care about.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

Thats not true. There are too many studies that prove you wrong. There is a reason a Black college educated person has a harder time getting a job than a white guy with only a high school education.

I don't care what you think some studies show. There is no such feeling of solidarity among WHites.
I've long known you dont care about facts. Not really my issue what you care about.

I have a lifetime of personal experience that lets me know that something about your facts or your reading of them is wrong.

Whites do not have a feeling of group solidarity.

NOne of my bosses felt any Racial Solidarity to me. None of them ever cut me a break or a deal that I did not more than earn though getting the job done.

Sadly, this is the imagine Affirmative action has made of blacks. A merit based system where everyone competes equally would erase this.
Anybody for affirmative action in the NBA? Just give the white guys a chance. They can dunk basketballs too if given a chance.
There are plenty of white guys in the NBA. They just dont happen to be american.
And it's funny how many are Muslim.

Why would they do that?
Youre white like them.

Did you see that?

I don't care what you think some studies show.

What? I don't care what studies show? So they are saying, "Don't confuse me with facts. I have my own".

Youre white like them.

I have a lifetime of personal experience that lets me know that something about your facts or your reading of them is wrong.

NOne of my bosses felt any Racial Solidarity to me. None of them ever cut me a break or a deal that I did not more than earn though getting the job done.
Just because other white people dont particularly like you doesnt mean much to me. Besides you are probably lying anyway. You dont even like facts.

He made the comments during a major case about affirmative action at public universities.

WASHINGTON -- Do black students matter to Justice Antonin Scalia?

During oral arguments on Wednesday in Fisher v. University of Texas, a contentious affirmative action case, the conservative justice seemed to call their abilities into question.

"There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them into the University of Texas, where they do not do well," Scalia said, "as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school ... a slower-track school where they do well."

Scalia was engaging former U.S. Solicitor General Gregory Garre, who is now representing the University of Texas at Austin as the school defends its ongoing consideration of race as one of many factors in its admissions program.

Pointing to a brief the court received before oral arguments, Scalia noted "most of the black scientists in this country don't come from schools like the University of Texas."

Garre tried to interject, but the justice continued. "They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that ... they're being pushed ahead in classes that are too fast for them," Scalia said.

More: Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

This is really sad coming from a Supreme Court Justice - even from a NaziCon neanderthal like Scalia.

Neil deGrasse Tyson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Alma mater Harvard University (A.B.)
University of Texas at Austin (M.A.)
Columbia University (M.Phil., Ph.D.)"

Oops.

I'll bet Neil deGrasse Tyson understands the meaning of the word "most". Probably why he's a scientist, and you're not.

He made the comments during a major case about affirmative action at public universities.

During oral arguments on Wednesday in Fisher v. University of Texas, a contentious affirmative action case, the conservative justice seemed to call their abilities into question.

"There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them into the University of Texas, where they do not do well," Scalia said, "as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school ... a slower-track school where they do well."

Scalia was engaging former U.S. Solicitor General Gregory Garre, who is now representing the University of Texas at Austin as the school defends its ongoing consideration of race as one of many factors in its admissions program.

Pointing to a brief the court received before oral arguments, Scalia noted "most of the black scientists in this country don't come from schools like the University of Texas."

Garre tried to interject, but the justice continued. "They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that ... they're being pushed ahead in classes that are too fast for them," Scalia said.

This is really sad coming from a Supreme Court Justice - even from a NaziCon neanderthal like Scalia.
Hey Einstein. He was talking about the slow students who get admitted via affirmative action. It's obvious you didn't get snapped up by MIT.

LOL

Hey, I'll go Scalia one further: large numbers of ALL students in colleges today probably shouldn't be there.

Walter E. Williams - Squandered Resources on College Education

Richard Vedder, professor emeritus of economics at Ohio University, reports that "the U.S. Labor Department says the majority of new American jobs over the next decade do not need a college degree. We have a six-digit number of college-educated janitors in the U.S." Vedder adds that there are "one-third of a million waiters and waitresses with college degrees." More than one-third of currently working college graduates are in jobs that do not require a degree, such as flight attendants, taxi drivers and salesmen. College was not a wise use of these students', their parents' and taxpayer resources.

Youre white like them.

Did you see that?

I don't care what you think some studies show.

What? I don't care what studies show? So they are saying, "Don't confuse me with facts. I have my own".
Yeah. Some people really believe their personal experiences are more credible than facts. It must be wonderful to be everywhere at once.

Sadly, this is the imagine Affirmative action has made of blacks. A merit based system where everyone competes equally would erase this.
Not really. 400 years of AA for white males has created a situation where the concept of a merit based system would be disproportionately beneficial to whites. Similar to how AA today is more beneficial to white women. Thats like having a merit based system for joining the NBA and expecting american white guys to be equally represented.

Actually, the whole point of a merit-based system is to NOT expect any group to be "equally represented". You're actually not supposed to be looking at group representation at all. That's the point.

Not really. 400 years of AA for white males has created a situation where the concept of a merit based system would be disproportionately beneficial to whites. Similar to how AA today is more beneficial to white women. Thats like having a merit based system for joining the NBA and expecting american white guys to be equally represented.

Actually, the whole point of a merit-based system is to NOT expect any group to be "equally represented". You're actually not supposed to be looking at group representation at all. That's the point.
Well you know what people mean when they say that. Basically theyre saying its a fair shot and everyone will be equally represented if we go to that. Only someone brain dead would think it means that magically whites would stop discriminating.

Just because other white people dont particularly like you doesnt mean much to me. Besides you are probably lying anyway. You dont even like facts.

Plenty of my bosses liked me, after they got to know me and benefit from my contributions.

To cite other white people owning crap as a reason to claim that all white people are "advantaged" is self serving nonsense.

That doesn't benefit white people who don't own that crap or who are not directly related to those white people who own that crap.

Any more than Oprah Winfrey's wealth "advantages" you. (assuming you are NOT close to her)

Hey Einstein. He was talking about the slow students who get admitted via affirmative action. It's obvious you didn't get snapped up by MIT.

LOL

Hey, I'll go Scalia one further: large numbers of ALL students in colleges today probably shouldn't be there.

Walter E. Williams - Squandered Resources on College Education

Richard Vedder, professor emeritus of economics at Ohio University, reports that "the U.S. Labor Department says the majority of new American jobs over the next decade do not need a college degree. We have a six-digit number of college-educated janitors in the U.S." Vedder adds that there are "one-third of a million waiters and waitresses with college degrees." More than one-third of currently working college graduates are in jobs that do not require a degree, such as flight attendants, taxi drivers and salesmen. College was not a wise use of these students', their parents' and taxpayer resources.

While we are on the subject, btw, plenty of the jobs that require degrees, shouldn't and only require them because of Degree Inflation.

Plenty of my bosses liked me, after they got to know me and benefit from my contributions.

To cite other white people owning crap as a reason to claim that all white people are "advantaged" is self serving nonsense.

That doesn't benefit white people who don't own that crap or who are not directly related to those white people who own that crap.

Any more than Oprah Winfrey's wealth "advantages" you. (assuming you are NOT close to her)
Youve already exposed yourself as someone that lacks the intellect to delve into semi complex issues. This is just one more tiring example.

Trust me. If Oprah owned the resources that all whites did I would benefit from her wealth. She is very pro-black.

quote-being-a-star-has-made-it-possible-for-me-to-get-insulted-in-places-where-the-average-negro-could-sammy-davis-jr-48054.jpg

Well you know what people mean when they say that. Basically theyre saying its a fair shot and everyone will be equally represented if we go to that. Only someone brain dead would think it means that magically whites would stop discriminating.

No, they don't. Only a complete dumbass thinks that merit-based systems produce any sort of "equal representation" based on arbitrary, superficial group classifications.

I don't think it would make people stop discriminating. I think it would be the result of them doing so. All Affirmative Action is is people rationalizing their own bigotry and trying to make themselves feel noble about it.

Forum List

Back