Kaddish - for USMB members who are mourning

That is very kind of you, CK. I hope you will enjoy reading the Kaddish. Pretty neat stuff.

With all my faults, like any other person, I am convinced that Adoshem knows exactly what he is doing. The universe is unfolding exactly as it is supposed to, and we are part of it.

I am reviving this thread for a specific reason:

one of our newest members, who was part of what I affectionately call the large "Andromeda Mothership crew" of relatively new members that is nestled down deep in the nether regions of USMB :D , KennyBas, has died.

His death, as the death of all human beings, is a loss for us all, regardless how many people knew him or not. We grieve for his family, his friends, all of his loved ones and hope with sincerity that his journey to the Almighty is a good one.

I thank gtopa1 for making this information available and also remind the entire USMB membership: if you lose someone and need a place to just write a thought, a memory or receive a condolence, this thread is one possible place to do it. Though the Kaddish is a prayer central to Judaism, the comfort and strength that comes from it is meant for people here of all faiths and walks of life, without exception. All are welcome here and are welcome to express thoughts of lovingkindness in their own way.

The description of Kaddish and what it means can be found in the OP.

My condolences and kindest thoughts to the family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances of KennyBas.

candles.jpg

cereal_killer Coyote AVG-JOE

one of our newest members, who was part of what I affectionately call the large "Andromeda Mothership crew" of relatively new members that is nestled down deep in the nether regions of USMB :D , KennyBas, has died.

His death, as the death of all human beings, is a loss for us all, regardless how many people knew him or not. We grieve for his family, his friends, all of his loved ones and hope with sincerity that his journey to the Almighty is a good one.

I thank gtopa1 for making this information available and also remind the entire USMB membership: if you lose someone and need a place to just write a thought, a memory or receive a condolence, this thread is one possible place to do it. Though the Kaddish is a prayer central to Judaism, the comfort and strength that comes from it is meant for people here of all faiths and walks of life, without exception. All are welcome here and are welcome to express thoughts of lovingkindness in their own way.

My condolences and kindest thoughts to the family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances of KennyBas.

candles.jpg

My condolences to family friends and loved ones. He was of opposite political views relative to me yet I feel his loss and the differences we had seem insignificant compared to the fate we all share ultimately. Thank you very much Statistik for doing this announcement and for being a decent good person....

Thank you Stat. Though not Jewish myself I have long respected Kaddish and dedicate it to Ken.

Judaism 101: Mourner's Kaddish

Yit'gadal v'yit'kadash sh'mei raba (Cong: Amein).
May His great Name grow exalted and sanctified (Cong: Amen.)

b'al'ma di v'ra khir'utei
in the world that He created as He willed.

v'yam'likh mal'khutei b'chayeikhon uv'yomeikhon
May He give reign to His kingship in your lifetimes and in your days,

uv'chayei d'khol beit yis'ra'eil
and in the lifetimes of the entire Family of Israel,

ba'agala uviz'man kariv v'im'ru:
swiftly and soon. Now say:

(Mourners and Congregation)
Amein. Y'hei sh'mei raba m'varakh l'alam ul'al'mei al'maya
Amen. May His great Name be blessed forever and ever.

Yit'barakh v'yish'tabach v'yit'pa'ar v'yit'romam v'yit'nasei
Blessed, praised, glorified, exalted, extolled,

v'yit'hadar v'yit'aleh v'yit'halal sh'mei d'kud'sha
mighty, upraised, and lauded be the Name of the Holy One

B'rikh hu.
Blessed is He.

l'eila min kol bir'khata v'shirata
beyond any blessing and song,

toosh'b'chatah v'nechematah, da'ameeran b'al'mah, v'eemru:
praise and consolation that are uttered in the world. Now say:

Amein
Amen

Y'hei sh'lama raba min sh'maya
May there be abundant peace from Heaven

v'chayim aleinu v'al kol yis'ra'eil v'im'ru
and life upon us and upon all Israel. Now say:

Amein
Amen

Oseh shalom bim'romav hu ya'aseh shalom
He Who makes peace in His heights, may He make peace,

aleinu v'al kol Yis'ra'eil v'im'ru
upon us and upon all Israel. Now say:

Amein
Amen

"You have made us for yourself, Oh God, and our hearts are restless until they rest in thee"...St Augustine

Vale, Ken.

Greg

candles.jpg

very sorry to hear that, my prayers go out to his family.

Kenny was a good man. Although I never got to meet him face to face, we've been virtual friends for close to decade.

He will be missed by most if not all of our band of brothers and sisters.

Forum List

Back