Kamala blames Trump for her disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal

jotathought

Diamond Member
May 10, 2022
Dallas, Texas

White House Blames Trump for Afghan Exit Ahead of TV Debate

In the leadup to Tuesday night's presidential debate between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump, a separate debate is occurring in Washington over who was at fault for the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.
The question over Afghanistan has emerged as one of the more contentious foreign policy issues in this year's election.

Only nine percent of respondents in a recent New York Times-Siena College poll claimed that the 2021 withdrawal was not an issue in this year's race, with 24 percent believing that Harris should receive "a lot of blame" for the problems which occurred during the exit.

Harris has done little to avoid her association with the move, confirming to CNN's Dana Bash in April 2021 that she was "the last person in the room," when Biden made the decision to move forward with the withdrawal.

The interview segment has been used by Republicans to implicate the vice president in both the withdrawal and the August 2021 bombing, and was referenced in a section Sunday's report.
Before the withdrawal outcome, Bagram Air Base was emptied and wasn't part of Trump's plan .. not to mention the withdrawal timeline. Under the advisement of military leaders, Biden / Harris were against using Bagram as a more secure point for withdrawal and instead gave the makeshift base in Kabul the focal point, leading to a bloodbath and the death of 13 servicemen. What a piece of work when she was the last person in the room, which she often boasts about, to lead to this outcome. No regrets .. only blaming.

Before the withdrawal outcome, Bagram Air Base was emptied and wasn't part of Trump's plan .. not to mention the withdrawal timeline. Under the advisement of military leaders, Biden / Harris were against using Bagram as a more secure point for withdrawal and instead gave the makeshift base in Kabul the focal point, leading to a bloodbath and the death of 13 servicemen. What a piece of work when she was the last person in the room, which she often boasts about, to lead to this outcome. No regrets .. only blaming.
Blaming others, especially the opposite side, is SOP for the Left/Democrats.

Come on America... she can't ever be the president of the USA... she's a liar and a bad liar and our enemies laugh at her... she will get us into a war we have no business being in just because she is weak and dumb...
I'm inclined to think, given how "weak knee" she is, that she'll surrender and submit in all cases rather than resist and "go to war".

She probably doesn't even know where Afghanistan is
You know I watched a panel of pointy headed liberals debating the Afghanistan war and the Biden pull out... they were shocked to see on a map how close Bagram airport is to China...
They were real quiet after they saw the map...
Trump said the CCP came into Afghanistan after we left and they have most of our equipment we left behind...

You know I watched a panel of pointy headed liberals debating the Afghanistan war and the Biden pull out... they were shocked to see on a map how close Bagram airport is to China...
They were real quiet after they saw the map...
Trump said the CCP came into Afghanistan after we left and they have most of our equipment we left behind...
I wouldn't be surprised if that was "the plan" Biden had in mind to begin with.

The facts are on her side. Benedict Donald didn't enforce 6 out of 7 of the conditions he negotiated and withdrew 80% of our troops without getting those conditions the withdrawal were based on.

But that doesn't bother the MAGADUDES who have been Groomed to parrot the canned Neo-GOP response. All the MAGADUDES can do is whine, and pretend that those fuck ups in 2020 were Joey's fault for not fixing them.

The facts are on her side. Benedict Donald didn't enforce 6 out of 7 of the conditions he negotiated and withdrew 80% of our troops without getting those conditions the withdrawal were based on.

But that doesn't bother the MAGADUDES who have been Groomed to parrot the canned Neo-GOP response. All the MAGADUDES can do is whine, and pretend that those fuck ups in 2020 were Joey's fault for not fixing them.
Trump wasn't the president... stop it already...

Biden did not offer that excuse. Read his remarks posted to his presidents web page.

I stand squarely behind my decision. After 20 years, I’ve learned the hard way that there was never a good time to withdraw U.S. forces.

That’s why we were still there. We were clear-eyed about the risks. We planned for every contingency.

But I always promised the American people that I will be straight with you. The truth is: This did unfold more quickly than we had anticipated.

So what’s happened? Afghanistan political leaders gave up and fled the country. The Afghan military collapsed, sometimes without trying to fight.

If anything, the developments of the past week reinforced that ending U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan now was the right decision.

American troops cannot and should not be fighting in a war and dying in a war that Afghan forces are not willing to fight for themselves. We spent over a trillion dollars. We trained and equipped an Afghan military force of some 300,000 strong — incredibly well equipped — a force larger in size than the militaries of many of our NATO allies.

We gave them every tool they could need. We paid their salaries, provided for the maintenance of their air force — something the Taliban doesn’t have. Taliban does not have an air force. We provided close air support.

We gave them every chance to determine their own future. What we could not provide them was the will to fight for that future.

There’s some very brave and capable Afghan special forces units and soldiers, but if Afghanistan is unable to mount any real resistance to the Taliban now, there is no chance that 1 year — 1 more year, 5 more years, or 20 more years of U.S. military boots on the ground would’ve made any difference.

And here’s what I believe to my core: It is wrong to order American troops to step up when Afghanistan’s own armed forces would not. If the political leaders of Afghanistan were unable to come together for the good of their people, unable to negotiate for the future of their country when the chips were down, they would never have done so while U.S. troops remained in Afghanistan bearing the brunt of the fighting for them.

Trump wasn't president when the withdrawal timeline occurred and Biden / Harris extended that time line and ignored military leader guidance.

A plan isn't the same thing as execution, which Harris, the last person in the room, helped formulate.

More involved and complicate than you, or most Leftist/Democrats grasp.

After helping fund and arm the Afgan resistance to the Soviets during the 1980s, the USA lost interest in an effective "end game" and left the country in pieces.

All that aid had to go through Pakistan and when the Soviets left, the Taliban grew to dominate. The Taliban were a creation of the Islamic Fundamentalists faction/half of the ISI ~ Pakistan's version of a CIA.

To defeat the Taliban one would have to solve the problem of their source and support within Pakistan. Ideally doing such without setting off a civil war within Pakistan. Would seem no one in the USA had a working plan, or was able to convince the "powers that be" of such.

For Trump to enforce those conditions (you should list and document/source/URL, BTW) would like mean war with Pakistan.
You would rather have escalate the conflict ????

Biden did not offer that excuse. Read his remarks posted to his presidents web page.

I stand squarely behind my decision. After 20 years, I’ve learned the hard way that there was never a good time to withdraw U.S. forces.

That’s why we were still there. We were clear-eyed about the risks. We planned for every contingency.

But I always promised the American people that I will be straight with you. The truth is: This did unfold more quickly than we had anticipated.

So what’s happened? Afghanistan political leaders gave up and fled the country. The Afghan military collapsed, sometimes without trying to fight.

If anything, the developments of the past week reinforced that ending U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan now was the right decision.

American troops cannot and should not be fighting in a war and dying in a war that Afghan forces are not willing to fight for themselves. We spent over a trillion dollars. We trained and equipped an Afghan military force of some 300,000 strong — incredibly well equipped — a force larger in size than the militaries of many of our NATO allies.

We gave them every tool they could need. We paid their salaries, provided for the maintenance of their air force — something the Taliban doesn’t have. Taliban does not have an air force. We provided close air support.

We gave them every chance to determine their own future. What we could not provide them was the will to fight for that future.

There’s some very brave and capable Afghan special forces units and soldiers, but if Afghanistan is unable to mount any real resistance to the Taliban now, there is no chance that 1 year — 1 more year, 5 more years, or 20 more years of U.S. military boots on the ground would’ve made any difference.

And here’s what I believe to my core: It is wrong to order American troops to step up when Afghanistan’s own armed forces would not. If the political leaders of Afghanistan were unable to come together for the good of their people, unable to negotiate for the future of their country when the chips were down, they would never have done so while U.S. troops remained in Afghanistan bearing the brunt of the fighting for them.

Still, doesn't let Biden or Harris off the hook for a botched withdrawal.

Admittedly, most students of warfare note that withdrawal while engaged in combat can be a very complicated and tricky undertaking. Often one of the most challenging for any general.

There was a way to do this "Abandon Afghanistan" in a deliberate, measured, and effective way that likely would have seen fewer USA casualties and the bulk of essential gear, material, and weapons removed rather than left for the Taliban. Also one that wouldn't have left thousands of Americans and Afghan allies behind to suffer the revenge of the Taliban.

Forum List

Back