Kamala Harris says she’s going to lower prices.

what is a price gouging tax? who makes the determine?

I am referring to Harris's Hugo Chavez style price control platform.
That pricing reference has no bearing on what is proposed or not here.

Ever heard of a windfall tax?

Wage & Price controls:
ALWAYS A DISASTER.
Companies and jobs will go away...
Harris’s plan will include “the first-ever federal ban on price gouging on food and groceries — setting clear rules of the road to make clear that big corporations can’t unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits on food and groceries,” the campaign said in a statement.

A prohibition for gouging is not "wage and price controls."

NOT PRICE CONTROLS

Harris plans to direct the Federal Trade Commission and other agencies to investigate and penalize “big corporations” that violate the rules, and to find other ways of tackling price fixing and other anti-competitive practices in the food and grocery industries, her campaign said late Wednesday night.

Harris, in her speech, will specifically single out the highly consolidated meat industry, deeming its processing middlemen “particularly egregious” price fixers with a history of being found to have illegally controlled prices.

She also plans to direct her administration to carefully scrutinize proposed mergers between large food companies with an emphasis on considering whether they will result in higher grocery prices for consumers. That work would include continuing to examine the proposed merger between Kroger Co. and Albertsons Cos., which faces challenges from the FTC and several states.

The Harris campaign argues that her proposals “stand in stark contrast” to Trump’s economic agenda, which it said “would increase inflation and costs for middle-class families” by levying tariffs on imports of household goods including groceries.

time.com

Harris to Call For ‘Price Gouging’ Ban on Food and Groceries

The Democratic nominee is promising to target price gouging and price-fixing within her first 100 days in office.
🥨 🥨 🥨

:rolleyes:

That pricing reference has no bearing on what is proposed or not here.

Ever heard of a windfall tax?
I am not sure what you are “proposing” I am referring to Harris price control plan.

I have, it’s the tax on things like inheritance and lotto winnings. Completely off topic. Weird you brought it up

As opposed to a stolen valor coward who lied about his service.
YES.
Did someone deny you a tampon at your elementary school bathroom?
Someone must have, to you.
But you love your dear leader.........

Donald Trump: Megyn Kelly Had 'Blood Coming Out of Her ...​

1723740513663.png
Time Magazine
https://time.com › Politics › Debates

Aug 7, 2015 — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump doubled down on criticism of a female debate moderator Friday.

I am not sure what you are “proposing” I am referring to Harris price control plan.

I have, it’s the tax on things like inheritance and lotto winnings. Completely off topic. Weird you brought it up
Sorry, not the windfall tax is not on inheritance or lotto winnings. Hilarious answer BTW.

Also, I'm not proposing anything fuckup.

Forum List

Back