Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

What in the name of Christ are you blathering about now. ? That someone said that Lawrence is "settled law" ? That is not saying that it cannot be overturned. It's just not likely to be, just like Obergefell is unlikely to be overturned

You really do hate the Lawrence ruling, don't you?

I have not stated how I feel about it at all.

I've pointed out that it can be overturned (and asshole CCJ's constant bleating about settled law only works in his favor (in his self-righteous mind). It works both ways.

That's all I have said.

If you want to dispute that...go ahead.
Thank you for confirming the fact that you do not have the intestinal fortitude to state your position on Lawrence indicating to me that you're against it. Do your gay friends know"?

Why, in any universe would I feel obligated to explain my position on anything to you, except the proposition at hand ?

So we can thank you for somehow think you know why I will or won't.

You are typical fucking left wing asshole who struts around all superior....but who can't get it together enough with your fellow left wing assholes to NOT lose an election to one of the biggest morons to ever run for president.

What my gay friends know about how I feel isn't any of your motherfucking business.
Look Pal, you accused me of misrepresenting you on your positions . I'll accept the possibility that I somehow did and I am giving you a chance to set it straight. One of the questions is directly related to the "proposition at hand" What is you position on adoption? But you would not answer it. The other two are also relation as they have to do with gay rights. What are you hiding? You're just playing games here, and you call ME an ass hole?

1. I am not your pal.

2. I don't need you to give me a chance to do anything. I owe you shit.

3. My posiition has nothing to do with my claim that militants are fucking things up more than they are making them better for people.

4. I called you an asshole and I stand by it.

You made it clear that you view any activism as militancy . Fine but this thread is about adoption, and you will not clearly state your position on it. You don't want to have a serious discussion, you just want to hurl insults every chance you get. So fuck off

I've pointed out that it can be overturned (and asshole CCJ's constant bleating about settled law only works in his favor (in his self-righteous mind). It works both ways.

That's all I have said.

Thank you for confirming the fact that you do not have the intestinal fortitude to state your position on Lawrence indicating to me that you're against it. Do your gay friends know"?

Why, in any universe would I feel obligated to explain my position on anything to you, except the proposition at hand ?

You are typical fucking left wing asshole who struts around all superior....but who can't get it together enough with your fellow left wing assholes to NOT lose an election to one of the biggest morons to ever run for president.

What my gay friends know about how I feel isn't any of your motherfucking business.
Look Pal, you accused me of misrepresenting you on your positions . I'll accept the possibility that I somehow did and I am giving you a chance to set it straight. One of the questions is directly related to the "proposition at hand" What is you position on adoption? But you would not answer it. The other two are also relation as they have to do with gay rights. What are you hiding? You're just playing games here, and you call ME an ass hole?

1. I am not your pal.

3. My posiition has nothing to do with my claim that militants are fucking things up more than they are making them better for people.

You made it clear that you view any activism as militancy . Fine but this thread is about adoption, and you will not clearly state your position on it. You don't want to have a serious discussion, you just want to hurl insults every chance you get. So fuck off

Another mistatement on your part.

I am very seriouis.

And my comments do apply to the thread.

It's you and the thought police who seem to be more interested in some kind of effort to tell people who they feel.

So it's you who can fuck and fuck yourself.

Please tell me how these questions are going to add clarrification to what I posted.

But here we go.....

Why can't I marry three or four people ?
Because there is no law in any state that allows some people to multiple marry, and some not. It continues to be equal treatment under the law. None of us can have legal multiple marriages.

Is there a law that prevents people from marrying more than one person ?
Yes...bigamy is illegal....for everyone. So we are all treated equally under the law.

Right...the government is setting limits on marriage.

I don't need to take this any further. You know the schtick (or maybe you don't).
Yes, the government is setting limits on marriage for everyone......You can't marry a child either....or a dog......None of us can. We are all treated equally under the law.

And a man can marry one woman. That equally applies to all men......

But no.....you want them to be able to marry a man to....you are saying the first law was wrong....even though it was equally applied.

Your argument is, at best, weak in this area.

That's all I have said.

1. I am not your pal.

I never equated all activism to militancy. My position on that is clear. You are just to fucking lazy to try and understand the difference.

Oh, and (to use your little crappy technique) thank you for admitting you can't make a reasonable argument and admitting defeat.

Yes...bigamy is illegal....for everyone. So we are all treated equally under the law.
How does that reconcile with abortion laws.
Let's see....jumping from bigamy to abortion laws. Connect the dots as to how you got there, please.
Your quote about all laws applying equally to everyone.

Pretty deep.
Yes...abortion laws too apply equally to everyone. Of course.....guys probably could care less since they don't get pregnant. Same can be said for post-menopausal women.
I didn't expect such a ready admission that they do not apply equally to everyone, but bravo for bravery.

Limits only apply to anyone who isn't gay....I guess.

That's all I have said.

1. I am not your pal.

And I'm sure that Progressive is devastated over that.

And we care what you are sure about ........why ?

Please tell me how these questions are going to add clarrification to what I posted.

But here we go.....

Why can't I marry three or four people ?
Because there is no law in any state that allows some people to multiple marry, and some not. It continues to be equal treatment under the law. None of us can have legal multiple marriages.

I don't need to take this any further. You know the schtick (or maybe you don't).
Yes, the government is setting limits on marriage for everyone......You can't marry a child either....or a dog......None of us can. We are all treated equally under the law.

You can't marry a child ? Really ?

How does that reconcile with abortion laws.
Let's see....jumping from bigamy to abortion laws. Connect the dots as to how you got there, please.

Pretty deep.
Yes...abortion laws too apply equally to everyone. Of course.....guys probably could care less since they don't get pregnant. Same can be said for post-menopausal women.
I didn't expect such a ready admission that they do not apply equally to everyone, but bravo for bravery.

That's why they call them gay rights. They only apply to gays.

Pretty deep.

Thanks for reminding me.

Of course, there is the classic argument that this is nothing mroe that special interest favoritism.

All rights apply euqally.....except.

But no.....you want them to be able to marry a man to....you are saying the first law was wrong....even though it was equally applied.

Do your gay friends know that you feel that way?

That I want to marry more than one woman ?

How many times do I need to explain to you.....that really isn't any of your business.

If you can't make a better argument.....STFU.

My thought is this - The POS will get dumped by a federal judge in 3 seconds or less.

And nobody else will hear it if they attempt further appeals.

Yes I have heard this crap before. Gays already had equal rights prior to Obergefell because they could marry someone of the opposite sex. Bullshit!

When one makes the absurd statement that “gays already have equality “because they can, like anyone else, marry someone of the opposite sex, they are presuming that a gay person can decide to live as a straight person and have a fulfilling life with someone of the opposite sex. The other possibility is that you do not believe that fulfillment or love in marriage is a right or a reasonable expectation., at least not for gays. In any case they are, in effect dehumanizing gay people, portraying them as being devoid of emotion and the ability to love and desire another person as heterosexuals do.

In addition, they are reducing the institution of marriage to a loveless business arrangement while for the vast majority of people it is much more. It devalues marriage in a way, much more profoundly than feared by the anti-equality bigots, who bemoan the demise of traditional marriage simply because it is being expanded to include gays.

Heterosexuals are able to choose a marriage partner based in part on sexual attraction and romantic interests. That is a choice, that gay people do not have, if denied legal marriage. Sure they can choose to forgo marriage in order to be with the person who they desire, but to do so would require that they forfeit the legal security, economic benefits and social status that goes with marriage That, is really not much of a choice at all and many courts have agreed.

One of the best illustrations of that is the opinion of the 10th Circuit Court of appeals ruling to uphold the lower court which invalidated Utah’s ban on same sex marriage. Selected passages follow:

APPEAL FROM THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF UTAH (D.C. No. 2:13-CV-00217-RJS)

Kitchen V. Herbert http://www.scribd.com/doc/231295932/Utah-Gay-Marriage

On cross motions for summary judgment, the district court ruled in favor of the plaintiffs. It concluded that “[a]ll citizens, regardless of their sexual identity, have a fundamental right to liberty, and this right protects an individual’s ability to marry and the intimate choices a person makes about marriage and family.” Kitchen v. Herbert, 961 F. Supp. 2d1181, 1204 (D. Utah 2013).

Two landmark decisions by the Supreme Court have undermined the notion that the question presented in Baker v. Nelson ( which was overturned by the Obergefell decision) is insubstantial. Baker was decided before the Supreme Court held that “intimate conduct with another person . . . can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.” Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558, (pg. 17)

Windsor is the other case referred to above

DOMA “impose[d] a disadvantage, a separate status, and so a stigma upon all who enter into same-sex marriages . . . .” Id. The statute “undermine[d] both the public and private significance of state-sanctioned same-sex marriages” by telling “those couples, and all the world, that their otherwise valid marriages are unworthy of federal recognition.” Id (pg.21)

It is already apparent that the courts see marriage as much more than a impersonal business arrangement. Even prisoners have the right to marry:

The Turner Court’s description of the “important attributes of marriage [that] remain . . . after taking into account the limitations imposed by prison life,” 482 U.S. at 95, is relevant to the case at bar: First, inmate marriages, like others, are expressions of emotional support and public commitment…………. (pg 29)

We must reject appellants’ efforts to downplay the importance of the personal elements inherent in the institution of marriage, which they contend are “not the principal interests the State pursues by regulating marriage.”

We nonetheless agree with plaintiffs that in describing the liberty interest at stake, it is impermissible to focus on the identity or class-membership of the individual exercising the right. See De Leon, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26236, at *58-59

A state “cannot define marriage in a way that denies its citizens the freedom of personal choice in deciding whom to marry, nor may it deny the same status and dignity to each citizen’s decision” (quotations omitted)). “Simply put, fundamental rights are fundamental rights. They are not defined in terms of who is entitled to exercise them.” Pg.37)
In summary, we hold that under the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the United States Constitution, those who wish to marry a person of the same sex are entitled to exercise the same fundamental right as is recognized for persons who wish to marry a person of the opposite sex, and that Amendment 3 and similar statutory enactments do not withstand constitutional scrutiny.

DO YOUR GAY FRIENDS KNOW?

Since the law says gay can legally marry, they should be treated like all married couples. Even single people can adopt.
Except uniquely, a gay marriage contract strips orphans from either a mother or father for life. .

Except of course that is just another lie to attack gays.

Children awaiting adoption have been abandoned by their mother and father.

People like yourself would prefer to deprive children of any mother or father rather than allow them to adopted by a gay parent.

Pretty deep.

That is why you call them gay rights- when they apply to everyone.

Those brave Kansas lawmakers- working to ensure that the children abandoned by their own mother and father- are less likely to be adopted by anyone.

100,000 children a year in the United States await adoption.

On average children will wait years to be adopted.

Tens of thousands of children every year age out of the foster system without any parents at all to support them emotionally or financially.

These are kids that these brave Kansas lawmakers want to prevent having parents- of the 'wrong' sort.

Yes I have heard this crap before. Gays already had equal rights prior to Obergefell because they could marry someone of the opposite sex. Bullshit!

Can't help that you don't like it.

Those brave Kansas lawmakers- working to ensure that the children abandoned by their own mother and father- are less likely to be adopted by anyone.

100,000 children a year in the United States await adoption.

On average children will wait years to be adopted.

Tens of thousands of children every year age out of the foster system without any parents at all to support them emotionally or financially.

These are kids that these brave Kansas lawmakers want to prevent having parents- of the 'wrong' sort.

While I really don't care about the issue itself, from a process standpoint of saying we will deny you parents without an alternative...it sure seems like a shitty thing to do.

Can't help that you don't like it.

I'm kind of sick of you.......
Do your gay friends know?

Forum List

Back