Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

Right...the government is setting limits on marriage.

I don't need to take this any further. You know the schtick (or maybe you don't).
Yes, the government is setting limits on marriage for everyone......You can't marry a child either....or a dog......None of us can. We are all treated equally under the law.

And a man can marry one woman. That equally applies to all men......

But no.....you want them to be able to marry a man to....you are saying the first law was wrong....even though it was equally applied.

Your argument is, at best, weak in this area.
Do your gay friends know that you feel that way?
Right...the government is setting limits on marriage.

I don't need to take this any further. You know the schtick (or maybe you don't).
Yes, the government is setting limits on marriage for everyone......You can't marry a child either....or a dog......None of us can. We are all treated equally under the law.

But no.....you want them to be able to marry a man to....you are saying the first law was wrong....even though it was equally applied.

Yes I have heard this crap before. Gays already had equal rights prior to Obergefell because they could marry someone of the opposite sex. Bullshit!

Can't help that you don't like it.

I'm kind of sick of you.......
Do your gay friends know?

Who gives a fuck what you are sick of ?

Maybe you could explain to me why this matters to this conversation.

The answer is that it doesn't. You simply can't get over the fact that there are gays out there that might be a little more accomodating than you.

There are many who now consider Roe practically dead.

While it has never been overturned....states have been quietly hemming it in (not saying I care one way or the other).

AR proponents don't want to take these back to the SCOTUS...why ????

Because they fear it will be OVERTURNED.

Now, even if it is, more than 25 states are going to pass laws allowing abortions....

But 20 or so won't.

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Opponents of the bill said they will likely mount a legal challenge.

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say is biased against gay couples

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?

does that mean that gay couples that HAVE kids are going to have to give them up? kinda late now.LOL

Yes I have heard this crap before. Gays already had equal rights prior to Obergefell because they could marry someone of the opposite sex. Bullshit!

The answer is that it doesn't. You simply can't get over the fact that there are gays out there that might be a little more accommodating than you.
th
I thought you cared !!

Seems like you have gone off the deep end bud. It matters to the conversation because you brought it up and revealed your insensitivity and bigotry. I find it hard to believe that anyone would be so fucking callous to suggest that gay people already had equality before they had the right to marry someone of the same sex, AND claim that you have gay friends!!

Where are the gays that are so fucking accommodating that they would stand for that? I am straight and I find it offensive. Any gay person who does not must be fucking brain dead.

Last edited:
My thought is this - The POS will get dumped by a federal judge in 3 seconds or less.

And nobody else will hear it if they attempt further appeals.

Don't count on it.

Oh I will ABSOLUTELY count on it. The courts have already decided the issue of gay marriage AND adoption.

Couple of other ass-backward states have tried this same BS - It went NOWHERE

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?

What if a Catholic Adoption agency announces it is against their religious beliefs to allow a child of a Catholic to be adopted by Jews?

Your thoughts?

What if a Catholic Adoption agency announces it is against their religious beliefs to allow a child of a Catholic to be adopted by Jews?
Or adopted by previously divorced people?

Your quote about all laws applying equally to everyone.

Pretty deep.
Yes...abortion laws too apply equally to everyone. Of course.....guys probably could care less since they don't get pregnant. Same can be said for post-menopausal women.
I didn't expect such a ready admission that they do not apply equally to everyone, but bravo for bravery.

Limits only apply to anyone who isn't gay....I guess.
That's why they call them gay rights. They only apply to gays.

That is why you call them gay rights- when they apply to everyone.
Yes, so do women's rights. Equal application of the law.

Let us know when you graduate high school. We'll talk grown up talk.

Yes...abortion laws too apply equally to everyone. Of course.....guys probably could care less since they don't get pregnant. Same can be said for post-menopausal women.
I didn't expect such a ready admission that they do not apply equally to everyone, but bravo for bravery.

LOL as if you will ever understand what grown ups talk about while you sit in your mom's basement.

Gay Rights are just human rights- in other words no longer having special laws against gays.

LOL as if you will ever understand what grown ups talk about while you sit in your mom's basement.

Gay Rights are just human rights- in other words no longer having special laws against gays.
Gay rights, women's rights...they apply equally to one and all, right? lol child.

The answer is that it doesn't. You simply can't get over the fact that there are gays out there that might be a little more accommodating than you.
th
I thought you cared !!

Seems like you have gone off the deep end bud. It matters to the conversation because you brought it up and revealed your insensitivity and bigotry. I find it hard to believe that anyone would be so fucking callous to suggest that gay people already had equality before they had the right to marry someone of the same sex, AND claim that you have gay friends!!

Where are the gays that are so fucking accommodating that they would stand for that? I am straight and I find it offensive. Any gay person who does not must be fucking brain dead.

They did have equality...sorry you don't like it.

So you attack gays who don't agree with you.

How predictable.

But that is the argument. Saying gays can't get married isn't any different that telling a man or woman they can't get married more than once.

I really don't care if gays get married. What pisses me off is this indignant bullshit they pull on others in the name of being discriminated against. Most of us discriminate every day of our lives in one way or another which many of us are discriminated against (for a whole variety of reasons) every day.

We deal with it.

But that is the argument. Saying gays can't get married isn't any different that telling a man or woman they can't get married more than once..

Saying gays can't get married isn't any different than telling a black man he can't marry a white woman.

Of course you don't care- you don't care here you are arguing about it.

Preventing gays from marrying is legal discrimination- just as are laws that make it illegal for gays to have sex together.

What pisses me off are those who want to pretend that arguing for equal rights for gays is somehow arguing for special rights.

The day my gay friends were able to legally marry exactly the same way my wife and I were able to legally marry- that was the day that gays were no longer legally discriminated when it came to marriage law.

Don't feed the zombie troll bots. They are dead but don't know it and will eat your brain if you let them. They need living, human brains because their own has decomposed.

th
I thought you cared !!

They did have equality...sorry you don't like it..

No- they didn't. Sorry you can't handle the facts.

Gays were not allowed to marry other.
Gays were legally discriminated in employment in many places.
Gays could be arrested for having sex in private.
Gays could be arrested for simply being in a gay nightclub.

Don't feed the zombie troll bots. They are dead but don't know it and will eat your brain if you let them. They need living, human brains because their own has decomposed.
Such a bigot against heteros. Most of you sissies are.

#HeteroPride.

But that is the argument. Saying gays can't get married isn't any different that telling a man or woman they can't get married more than once.

I really don't care if gays get married. What pisses me off is this indignant bullshit they pull on others in the name of being discriminated against. Most of us discriminate every day of our lives in one way or another which many of us are discriminated against (for a whole variety of reasons) every day.

We deal with it.
You don't really care if they get married, but will you stand up for their right to? I don't think so. Instead, you just whine about their militancy. Do your gay friends know? How have you been discriminated against today?

But that is the argument. Saying gays can't get married isn't any different that telling a man or woman they can't get married more than once..

Saying gays can't get married isn't any different than telling a black man he can't marry a white woman.

Of course you don't care- you don't care here you are arguing about it.

Preventing gays from marrying is legal discrimination- just as are laws that make it illegal for gays to have sex together.

What pisses me off are those who want to pretend that arguing for equal rights for gays is somehow arguing for special rights.

The day my gay friends were able to legally marry exactly the same way my wife and I were able to legally marry- that was the day that gays were no longer legally discriminated when it came to marriage law.

Please tell me what you think I am arguing about.

I have said nothing about gays getting married.

What I have been clear on is the in-your-face bullshit that some in the gay community use to get what they think they deserve all the while saying fuck you to everyone else. To that I push back. And will continue to.

th
I thought you cared !!

They did have equality...sorry you don't like it..

No- they didn't. Sorry you can't handle the facts.

Gays were not allowed to marry other.
Gays were legally discriminated in employment in many places.
Gays could be arrested for having sex in private.
Gays could be arrested for simply being in a gay nightclub.

Please try to keep up....the topic was marriage.

Gay men were allowed to marry women and gay women were allowed to marry men.

Next.

Forum List

Back