Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

Since the Lord created two kinds of parents, moms and dads that is, in my opinion, every child should have one of each.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Your lord also created those gay and Lesbian people who can and do have children and who are parents to those children.

I don't know much about the bible, but I'm pretty sure, and common sense tells me, that there is nothing in it that says homosexuals cannot or should not have children or adopt them. This thing in Kansas is motivated by bigotry and stupidity and nothing more.

The Bible says it's an abomination...common sense says the Lord wouldn't approve
Tell that bovine excrement to the children who are languishing in foster care and in need of a permeant home.

Since the Lord created two kinds of parents, moms and dads that is, in my opinion, every child should have one of each.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Your lord also created those gay and Lesbian people who can and do have children and who are parents to those children.

I don't know much about the bible, but I'm pretty sure, and common sense tells me, that there is nothing in it that says homosexuals cannot or should not have children or adopt them. This thing in Kansas is motivated by bigotry and stupidity and nothing more.

The Bible says it's an abomination...common sense says the Lord wouldn't approve
Tell that bovine excrement to the children who are languishing in foster care and in need of a permeant home.

You brought the Bible into it, not me. It is what it is Puffer

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Opponents of the bill said they will likely mount a legal challenge.

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say is biased against gay couples

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that if you have a problem with groups committing crimes against children, then stop MEN being able to adopt child, because most crimes against children come from MEN.
A lot of them FATHERS, brothers, other hetero male family members and friends.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

And everybody follows the same religion and follows it the same way. Yeah. Sure. And even if you want to limit it to the Christian and Jewish religions, the writings that the Christians (Catholic, Protestant, and I don't know about the Orthodox), read are 1,500 to maybe 3,500 years old. They are the writings of tribal people who set out to lay down a code of rules for themselves and came up with Leviticus and Deuteronomy. You should read them sometime. Meanwhile, please pass me the shrimp, and I would like a lobster tail if you can afford it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

And everybody follows the same religion and follows it the same way. Yeah. Sure. And even if you want to limit it to the Christian and Jewish religions, the writings that the Christians (Catholic, Protestant, and I don't know about the Orthodox), read are 1,500 to maybe 3,500 years old. They are the writings of tribal people who set out to lay down a code of rules for themselves and came up with Leviticus and Deuteronomy. You should read them sometime. Meanwhile, please pass me the shrimp, and I would like a lobster tail if you can afford it.

Again...he brought the Bible into it and promptly got stuffed. It is what it is

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?
Gay people are mentally unstable, not a good environment for kids...
Bigots and stupid people do not create a good environment for kids.

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?
Here are some fun facts:

There are more children waiting to be adopted than there are traditional, opposite sex couples willing and qualified to adopt. http://www.fostercareadoption.us/custom1.php

Including same sex couples in adoption-there are an estimated 2M-will go a long way towards correcting that imbalance. In 2008 there were 129,000 children waiting to be adopted, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reported. In 2007, the Urban Institute reported that two million gay or lesbian individuals said they had considered adoption. The Urban Institute found that a national ban on gay or lesbian adoption would result in 9,000 to 14,000 children never being adopted. The national financial burden of caring for these children would range from $87 to $130 million and could cost states anywhere from $100,000 to $27 million. Additionally, these children would eventually age out of the foster care system. This means that at age 18 or 21, they are turned out of the system with no official family and no resources.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_6746455_gay-lesbian-adoption.html#ixzz2veb5tgKI

http://www.ehow.com/about_6746455_gay-lesbian-adoption.html#ixzz2vb55w73S

Not allowing gays to adopt on the pretext that children need/deserve two parents of the opposite sex, or any other reason only ensures that more children will not have either a mother or a father

When we talk about adoption by gay people, most often we are not referring to situations a single person or a couple go to an adoption agency to adopt an unrelated child. Rather, the more likely scenario is where a child is already living with a gay parson-usually a biological parent- and that person wants to allow their partner to adopt as a second parent. Not allowing adoption will not change the fact that the child has same sex parent figures. However, It will mean that the child will not have the protections and benefits of having two legal parents. http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/second-parent-adoption

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The Lord created gays
The Lord created people, but it was people who created their lifestyles.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Discuss that with Laura Ingraham.
First I need to know what has already been said to her. Then I will know what hasn't been said to her already.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
And just how the hell are you going to make that happen by not allowing gays to adopt?
I don't have to make it happen. Its already done for me since a man and woman partnership is the only way for reproduction to take place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That's not always an option, yet God also commanded us to love each other and would you deny a child a loving parent, even if they are not heterosexual?
A same gender couple would be the last resort.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Are you prepared to force that upon people?
You make it sound like I am the only kind of person who forces their beliefs on other people.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God created people, yes, but it was people who created the homosexual lifestyle.

God bless you people always!!!

Holly

. It is not mentally healthy for the child
That study was done by a charlatan named Mark Regnerus, who was hired by the state of Michigan to provide evidence that children of gays do not do as well as others. His so called study was so poorly constructed and executed that he was basically call worthless as an expert witness. As a result, Michigan lost the case. I have all of this well documented.

Mark Regnerus is a known fraud. He's part and parcel of the fundie effort to set up what they want to pass off as legitimate science and research. They seem to have generated a group of phony "research institutes" to produce study after study that "proves" the crap they are trying to push on all of us.

Yeah, children raised by LGBT parents fare less well than in heterosexual families, regardless of whether these families suffer from domestic violence, virulent misogyny and male supremacy, financial problems, alcoholism, adultery, etc. Of course, like people who have an abortion have a higher chance of getting breast cancer, and these people have a higher rate of depression than others.

This is a garbage attempt at fooling people about science and research, and it is funded by who only knows who; probably like scumbags like the Kochs, dobson, focus on the family.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The Lord created gays
The Lord created the human. The devil creates the sin, and the myth that you are born gay.
God does not make mistakes

The sin is in those who hate
Good, you described liberalism.

I don't have to make it happen. Its already done for me since a man and woman partnership is the only way for reproduction to take place.
Non sequitur lame ass logical fallacy. IN other words it makes no damned sense. There is no logic . By not allowing gays to adopt, all of those children who have lost a parent to death or divorce, all the ones born to single parents and all of those in the foster care system who have NO parents, will magically have a mom and a dad? Listen to yourself!

May the Gods and Goddesses bless you always.

Non sequitur lame ass logical fallacy. IN other words it makes no damned sense. There is no logic . By not allowing gays to adopt, all of those children who have lost a parent to death or divorce, all the ones born to single parents and all of those in the foster care system who have NO parents, will magically have a mom and a dad? Listen to yourself!

May the Gods and Goddesses bless you always.
Those who want both a mom and dad should most definitely get their wish since it is the child who is most impacted by the act of adoption. That right there is what not enough people ever think about. To me, what the child wants should be the top priority and if they don't care what kind of couple it is that they go home with, then okay, that is all on them.

That is just willful ignorance or shameless lying
Why would the Lord go and create something only to prohibit it later on?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That's fine for a strictly religious organization. Not if they receive public funds tho. Give back the public money. Do what you want.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The Lord created gays

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Discuss that with Laura Ingraham.
First I need to know what has already been said to her. Then I will know what hasn't been said to her already.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
And just how the hell are you going to make that happen by not allowing gays to adopt?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That's not always an option, yet God also commanded us to love each other and would you deny a child a loving parent, even if they are not heterosexual?
A same gender couple would be the last resort.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Are you prepared to force that upon people?
You make it sound like I am the only kind of person who forces their beliefs on other people.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God created people, yes, but it was people who created the homosexual lifestyle.

God bless you people always!!!

Holly
Then why do they say that Satan is gay?

Forum List

Back