Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill against gay couples

Since the Lord created two kinds of parents, moms and dads that is, in my opinion, every child should have one of each.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That's not always an option, yet God also commanded us to love each other and would you deny a child a loving parent, even if they are not heterosexual?

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Opponents of the bill said they will likely mount a legal challenge.

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say is biased against gay couples

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?
Looks like the Kansass legislature is making yet another case for the Supreme Court to rule unconstitutional.
It all ready is unconstitutional. The law makers in Kans-ass are just to stupid to know it:

Kansas lawmakers pass adoption bill critics say biased against gay couples

The U.S. Supreme Court last June reversed an Arkansas Supreme Court ruling and ordered all states to treat same-sex couples the same as heterosexual couples in the issuance of birth certificates. This and other court rulings have made adoption by same-sex couples legal in all 50 states.

I suppose, as long as those agencies are not funded by tax dollars. At the same time, I think that this whole thing about not wanted gay people to adopt is stupid, discriminatory and a disservice to children in need of a permanent and stable home.

That's why people oppose the idea. These are not stable homes. Deviants have all sorts of mental problems, high rates of suicide, increased tendencies to commit sexual crimes, separation... the list goes on. There is no legitimate argument that allowing people whose entire lives are defined by who they fuck to adopt children is in the interest of the child or society in general.

The only reason you regressive sociopaths insist on putting children in these conditions is to undermine the moral standards of the country.

Good
1. gay couples marriages " OFTEN" do not last

2. It is not mentally healthy for the child

upload_2018-5-5_7-50-50.png

Kids of gay parents fare worse, study finds, but research draws fire from experts

I suppose, as long as those agencies are not funded by tax dollars. At the same time, I think that this whole thing about not wanted gay people to adopt is stupid, discriminatory and a disservice to children in need of a permanent and stable home.

That's why people oppose the idea. These are not stable homes. Deviants have all sorts of mental problems, high rates of suicide, increased tendencies to commit sexual crimes, separation... the list goes on. There is no legitimate argument that allowing people whose entire lives are defined by who they fuck to adopt children is in the interest of the child or society in general.

The only reason you regressive sociopaths insist on putting children in these conditions is to undermine the moral standards of the country.

What moral standards?

. It is not mentally healthy for the child
That study was done by a charlatan named Mark Regnerus, who was hired by the state of Michigan to provide evidence that children of gays do not do as well as others. His so called study was so poorly constructed and executed that he was basically call worthless as an expert witness. As a result, Michigan lost the case. I have all of this well documented.

May 4 (Reuters) - The Kansas Legislature on Friday approved a bill that allows faith-based adoption agencies to turn away gay and lesbian couples based on religious beliefs, and the state's governor said he would sign it.

Under the measure, the Kansas Department for Children and Families cannot block any foster or adoption agency, including those that receive public funds, from participating in its programs only because it refuses to adopt or place children with gay people.

Mixed emotions about this. As with ALL adoptions, every couple should pass a rigid strict test of some sort to make sure they are of sound mind. Which should already be the case, right?
And....if the agency that is handling the adoption states it is against their religious beliefs, that should be protected. Parents wanting to adopt can do so from other agencies that are not religious in nature, one would think.

Your thoughts?
Fine...no public funds tho.

Your thoughts?
Gay people are mentally unstable, not a good environment for kids...
Really? And how do you determine that?

Your thoughts?
Public funding. If they receive public funding then they have to follow non discrimination laws. Otherwise, it is up to them.

Since the Lord created two kinds of parents, moms and dads that is, in my opinion, every child should have one of each.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Your lord also created those gay and Lesbian people who can and do have children and who are parents to those children.

I don't know much about the bible, but I'm pretty sure, and common sense tells me, that there is nothing in it that says homosexuals cannot or should not have children or adopt them. This thing in Kansas is motivated by bigotry and stupidity and nothing more.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Your lord also created those gay and Lesbian people who can and do have children and who are parents to those children.

I don't know much about the bible, but I'm pretty sure, and common sense tells me, that there is nothing in it that says homosexuals cannot or should not have children or adopt them. This thing in Kansas is motivated by bigotry and stupidity and nothing more.

The Bible says it's an abomination...common sense says the Lord wouldn't approve

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The Bible says it's an abomination...common sense says the Lord wouldn't approve
Then let God put in his application for adoptions. Until then we humans have to deal with a shortage of willing parents.

1. gay couples marriages " OFTEN" do not last
Straight couples marriages often do not last....should they be prohibited from adopting?

That's true. But, the rates are a bit higher for gay couples . ( so it's claimed) But, those stats can always be argued on either side.
So? Let us know when you come up with a legal theory or court ruling that says that it is appropriate to allow or disallow adoption by members of a particular group- based on the probability they -as a member of that group- will stay together

Forum List

Back