Kapernick suing the nfl lol

Well if you watch the NFL and pay attention, you'd realize there are a lot of QBs in the NFL that aren't as good as he is. Did you see how well Kevin Hogan played for the Browns today?

Kaepernick is not a franchise QB, why would a team sign him? They have to change their offense to fit his style. There are two teams that might be suited one is the Seahawks and the other is Carolina, both have good QBs.

He doesn't have to be a Franchise QB for a team to sign him. EVERY team in the league has at least 2 QBs and he is by far better than almost every backup QB in the league and better than some of the starters.

But if you don’t have the offense that works for him, it won’t work for him. Most back ups are pocket passers, look it up, the reason is pretty clear. He is an average QB at best. I learned he wants 10 mill to play, you can get back ups for a lot less that fit your style. He had three tryouts, Seattle which was the best fit, didn’t have the cap space, Baltimore was facing their starter out for several weeks, the return was pushed forward and Ravens fans didn’t eat him. The Jags, I’m not sure what happened there. Several players are now kneeling and they are playing, the reason..they are good enough to play in the league. No reason for owners to collude. You have not given one solid fact, it is all opinion.

What fact do you want? I've posted SEVERAL people that know the NFL say he should be in the league. The Titans signed Brandon Weeden over even giving Kaepernick a tryout. Have you seen Weeden Play?

Yes, how much is Weeden making? 2 mill a year? A back up barely plays, you paying him 10 mill to sit all year?

You have players saying he should be playing, you have nothing that shows owners colluding to keep him out of the league

You don't know for sure if that is what Kaepernick is asking. It was also reported that he said if a team signed him he would stand for the anthem just so he could be signed. That report was refuted, and later the reporter said that it was his opinion based on their conversation and not directly stated.

He got workouts from some teams to please the fan base. Fact is he didn't get signed, and people that know football much better than you or I say he should be on a team in the NFL right now.

And people much better than you or I say he shouldn’t. So you have nothing but an opinion, that’s it. No proof of collusion. Last season he struggled on a bad team and they he opted out of his contract before he got cut. The only coach he played well for was Harbaugh, after Harbaugh was fired, his career started to go downhill. He doesn’t want to play backup, he wants to start. His skill set limits him, he is not a good pocket QB and makes poor choices under pressure, not what you want in a starting QB wanting 20 million a year. If you are a losing team, it’s better to take a chance on a rookie QB with no real salary, build around him and then if he doesn’t workout, cut him and start over. To take a QB, change your offense to fit the QB, payout. 20 million and next year scrap it because it doesn’t work out is a waste of money. It is a pretty easy financial decision. Kaepernick has no right to make teams hire him.

Link? :rolleyes-41:

You do understand that him not being on a team is not a sign that people don't think he should be because of talent... that's part of why he is suing the NFL for being blackballed.

You do understand that he isn’t entitled to be on a team, nor is he entitled to be paid to be a $10 million as a backup.

He can sue and that means nothing. He is suing because his perception is he is being blackballed. You nor he have any prove of collusion. All that is proven is Kaepernick can file a lawsuit. Lots of players are kneeling and are working in the NFL.

I would need to see proof of collusion.

Sorry but the NFLPA and the owners have a CBA that states the owners can not collude to keep a player out of the league. So yes, he actually has an entitlement to be employed if he has the talent.

Okay. Here’s the problem you don’t understand - if a team views a certain player as a distraction off the field and in the locker room, they don’t have to sign him. The owners can’t collude to blackball somebody, but there’s no proof that that did occur. Do you have a problem with anything I just said?

And what you don't understand, is there are several players on each team kneeling, and if the teams isn't cutting them for it, then they can't hold him to a different standard.

Frankly the idea that the owners would get together and say we’re going to blackball this guy from our league is ridiculous

He went to three teams for a workout, they didn’t have a need for him, if he was being blackballed as you are claiming, then he would not have been given a tryout.

He got workouts from some teams to please the fan base. Fact is he didn't get signed, and people that know football much better than you or I say he should be on a team in the NFL right now.

And people much better than you or I say he shouldn’t. So you have nothing but an opinion, that’s it. No proof of collusion. Last season he struggled on a bad team and they he opted out of his contract before he got cut. The only coach he played well for was Harbaugh, after Harbaugh was fired, his career started to go downhill. He doesn’t want to play backup, he wants to start. His skill set limits him, he is not a good pocket QB and makes poor choices under pressure, not what you want in a starting QB wanting 20 million a year. If you are a losing team, it’s better to take a chance on a rookie QB with no real salary, build around him and then if he doesn’t workout, cut him and start over. To take a QB, change your offense to fit the QB, payout. 20 million and next year scrap it because it doesn’t work out is a waste of money. It is a pretty easy financial decision. Kaepernick has no right to make teams hire him.

You do understand that him not being on a team is not a sign that people don't think he should be because of talent... that's part of why he is suing the NFL for being blackballed.

You do understand that he isn’t entitled to be on a team, nor is he entitled to be paid to be a $10 million as a backup.

He can sue and that means nothing. He is suing because his perception is he is being blackballed. You nor he have any prove of collusion. All that is proven is Kaepernick can file a lawsuit. Lots of players are kneeling and are working in the NFL.

Sorry but the NFLPA and the owners have a CBA that states the owners can not collude to keep a player out of the league. So yes, he actually has an entitlement to be employed if he has the talent.

Do you have proof the owners purposefully, willingly, knowingly colluded to keep Kaepernick out of the NFL?

Emails, phone conversations, transcripts, video, anything thing other than three tryouts, a bad season last year where he didn’t start the season as a starter on a bad team? He was under the gun before he started kneeling.

You have several other players kneeling and they have jobs.

Give me something solid, opinions don’t mean anything in court.

Okay. Here’s the problem you don’t understand - if a team views a certain player as a distraction off the field and in the locker room, they don’t have to sign him. The owners can’t collude to blackball somebody, but there’s no proof that that did occur. Do you have a problem with anything I just said?

And what you don't understand, is there are several players on each team kneeling, and if the teams isn't cutting them for it, then they can't hold him to a different standard.

He opened Pandora’s box, who knows what he’ll do next. And it’s not just the kneeling, it was the wearing socks depicting cops as pigs, the Castro shirt, the tweets, etc.. couple all of that with the fact he sucks and you have an unemployed idiot.

Do you have proof the owners purposefully, willingly, knowingly colluded to keep Kaepernick out of the NFL?

Emails, phone conversations, transcripts, video, anything thing other than three tryouts, a bad season last year where he didn’t start the season as a starter on a bad team? He was under the gun before he started kneeling.

Do I have proof? Have I stated I have proof like that? Am I the one suing the NFL? :dunno:

Even if he is as good as you say, it’s a teams’ right to not want the distraction of having him on the team.

He is being blackballed out of the league through collusion of the NFL owners. He has all the right to sue them.

Indeed. He will have to prove collusion. Best of luck.

He does not, however, have "employment rights". There are no such rights. That addition to his suit may well cause it to be tossed out rather unceremoniously.

It makes a big difference that the NFLPA is supporting him and a part of his case.

The union siding with the player? Really?

Are you going to play stupid and not read all of what I posted?

The players agreed to a CBA that they have now watched Goodell and the league office abuse. Even if they didn't like Kaepernick, his case if it wins, is in their favor.

Proof, not opinion. How has the CBA been abused?

If Kaep wins...what proof does Kaep have to prove collusion?

He opened Pandora’s box, who knows what he’ll do next. And it’s not just the kneeling, it was the wearing socks depicting cops as pigs, the Castro shirt, the tweets, etc.. couple all of that with the fact he sucks and you have an unemployed idiot.

I have stated several times I lost respect for him because of those socks. But there is a lot more issues going on besides just that.

He is being blackballed out of the league through collusion of the NFL owners. He has all the right to sue them.

He does not, however, have "employment rights". There are no such rights. That addition to his suit may well cause it to be tossed out rather unceremoniously.

It makes a big difference that the NFLPA is supporting him and a part of his case.

The players agreed to a CBA that they have now watched Goodell and the league office abuse. Even if they didn't like Kaepernick, his case if it wins, is in their favor.

What a silly question to ask. You stated he asked for $10 million to sign a contract. Do YOU have proof of that? Not just an article from a reporter which is second hand information, I mean SOLID proof? Like an interview with him?

You see how this works? You can ask me for things you know is impossible for me to have... and I can ask you the same thing.

What a silly question to ask. You stated he asked for $10 million to sign a contract. Do YOU have proof of that? Not just an article from a reporter which is second hand information, I mean SOLID proof? Like an interview with him?

You see how this works? You can ask me for things you know is impossible for me to have... and I can ask you the same thing.

You’re the one going on and on acting like kapernick has a strong case

Well if you watch the NFL and pay attention, you'd realize there are a lot of QBs in the NFL that aren't as good as he is. Did you see how well Kevin Hogan played for the Browns today?

Even if he is as good as you say, it’s a teams’ right to not want the distraction of having him on the team.

He has to prove it. How do you suppose he's going to accomplish that...?

When other players and people that have worked in NFL front offices say he should be on a team, and he has barely even gotten a sniff from NFL owners, there is more going on than just him not being a good enough player. With that said, he has all the right in the world to sue the NFL, and his case is much different than some of the posters here understand, because of the CBA between the NFL and the NFLPA. That's all the point I have been making.

He has to prove it. How do you suppose he's going to accomplish that...?

I'm not his lawyer. Obviously they know more than I or anyone on this forum do.

When other players and people that have worked in NFL front offices say he should be on a team, and he has barely even gotten a sniff from NFL owners, there is more going on than just him not being a good enough player. With that said, he has all the right in the world to sue the NFL, and his case is much different than some of the posters here understand, because of the CBA between the NFL and the NFLPA. That's all the point I have been making.
There is more going on than him not being good enough. He’s not worth all the extracurricular stuff he brings to the table. Each team has a right to consider that when weighing the options of whether to sign him or not.

There is more going on than him not being good enough. He’s not worth all the extracurricular stuff he brings to the table. Each team has a right to consider that when weighing the options of whether to sign him or not.

So... did you get angry when ABC canceled Tim Allen's show because of his support of Trump?

Do I have proof? Have I stated I have proof like that? Am I the one suing the NFL? :dunno:

That’s right, you have absolutely nothing and if that is all Kaep has, he will lose. Players saying you are good mean nothing. Would you want to pay a back up $10 mill or 2 mill. I’d keep the 2 mill. guy and if my starter went down for the season and I’m in the playoff hunt, them I’d then I’d see if the 10 mill. guy is around. If not in the playoff hunt, the 2 mill. guy would do fine.

Osweiler didn’t get paid by Denver and he signed with the Texans for 16 mill. He failed as a starter in Houston, he was traded to Cleveland and then cut, he plays as a backup for the Broncos again for $775,000. Kaep won’t take that low of a salary.

That’s right, you have absolutely nothing and if that is all Kaep has, he will lose. Players saying you are good mean nothing. Would you want to pay a back up $10 mill or 2 mill. I’d keep the 2 mill. guy and if my starter went down for the season and I’m in the playoff hunt, them I’d then I’d see if the 10 mill. guy is around. If not in the playoff hunt, the 2 mill. guy would do fine.

Osweiler didn’t get paid by Denver and he signed with the Texans for 16 mill. He failed as a starter in Houston, he was traded to Cleveland and then cut, he plays as a backup for the Broncos again for $775,000. Kaep won’t take that low of a salary.

Ok, I'll ask you one more time, since you keep repeating the same line OVER AND OVER. Show me PROOF he is demanding $10 million a year.

So... did you get angry when ABC canceled Tim Allen's show because of his support of Trump?

Didn’t know that happened. If it did then I don’t think you can compare support for a politician with kapernick’s antics

No there isn’t, he is a back up who wants to be a starter. He wants paid to be a starter. The NFL will not pay starter salary’s for a back up.

Several players in the NFL kneeled all last season and this season and they are working. Kaep’s career was in question BEFORE he kneeled.

Unless there is solid evidence, it will go as other attempt by a poor sport.

Forum List

Back