Kathleen Parker Implies That People From The South Are Stupid On Meet The Press

Do those offended by a persons possible prejudice need a tissue? With a bit of looking I can post plenty of posts where the 'word' "libtard"" or "Dumbocrat" are used by those on the right; used by most of them because they lack the intelligence, information or ability to compose a rational response.

Shall I name names?

What makes you think they have a Southern Accent?

You assume that Southerners are Republicans automatically.

Many of the folks who live around here vote Democrat and they have the thickest southern drawl I've ever heard. When I first moved here I needed an interpreter half the time.

I didn't make that assumption! Read what I posted and try to do so with some comprehension.

For your information I have relatives in Houston and Tampa, I've vacationed on Amelia Island, Savannah, Charleston and San Antonio and I know not all those who live in the South are Republicans nor are all Southerners stupid.

Some are, and many of them post on this forum. Shall I name names?

Yes, and you have a friend that is black....

I read what you posted. Automatically you felt that your problem with others had something to do with this topic....which is about discrimination because of a southern accent.

Or maybe someone is being overly sensitive. I doubt she meant it like that seriously.

True.

Or it’s just another example of the OP being a tedious rightwing partisan hack, seeking only to contrive a controversy where none exists, and exhibiting his ignorance of a hasty generalization fallacy.
he never fails to impress ;)

Reminds me of that one rw talking-head, on Fox TV's payroll who used the term "blue blood"

And your ignorance is obvious. Instead of commenting on the substance of the topic you push stereotypes, thus showing your ignorance.

I wasn't being hasty. I was pointing out something that lies under the surface in our society. Perhaps subliminal messaging by the left. Southerners are Red Necks and Christians. They are intolerant assholes that need to be shunned, maybe even locked up if it continues to get worse. Certainly not associated with. If you wonder why so many minorities commit acts of violence against whites, this could be the answer.

The sad truth is that the elites and the low information pop-culture need a target for ridicule and abuse. At one time or another in American history the Irish and the Chinese and Black Americans were subjected to cruel parodies and now the only minority left is the Southern White culture. For years the "hillbillies" or the "rednecks" have been targets of the Hollywood based pop-culture. Today there is a "reality" show with a catchy name like "hollywood hillbillies" that depicts offensive caricatures of obese and ignorant (only) white people with southern accents. There was another "reality" show with the offensive, to some people, title of "redneck rockets". The joke was that people with southern accents could actually be smart enough to be rocket scientists. The bigotry is going to continue unabated as long as the elites in show-biz can make a buck off it.

What makes you think they have a Southern Accent?

You assume that Southerners are Republicans automatically.

Many of the folks who live around here vote Democrat and they have the thickest southern drawl I've ever heard. When I first moved here I needed an interpreter half the time.

I didn't make that assumption! Read what I posted and try to do so with some comprehension.

For your information I have relatives in Houston and Tampa, I've vacationed on Amelia Island, Savannah, Charleston and San Antonio and I know not all those who live in the South are Republicans nor are all Southerners stupid.

I read what you posted. Automatically you felt that your problem with others had something to do with this topic....which is about discrimination because of a southern accent.

I even have a relative who is black, two great nephews and one great niece who are half black; a Jewish Grandmother (who lived to 102), a wife who is a cheese head (UW Madison) and a dog that is half Border Collie and half Australian Cattle Dog. None of which means shit. I judge people by their character, not their race, creed, color or ethnicity.

BTW, I hadn't noticed anyone on this forum who spoke, let alone wrote with a southern accent, have you?

Last edited:

I even have a relative who is black, two great nephews and one great niece who are half black; a Jewish Grandmother (who lived to 102), a wife who is a cheese head (UW Madison) and a dog that is half Border Collie and half Australian Cattle Dog. None of which means shit. I judge people by their character, not their race, creed, color or ethnicity.

BTW, I hadn't noticed anyone on this forum who spoke, let alone wrote with a southern accent, have you?

Nope. I stated as such.

Try to keep up.

r-KATHLEEN-PARKER-large570.jpg

David Gregory was showing a video of a couple that couldn't figure out what was going on with their healt care. One minute they were told they had it, the next they didn't have it, the next they did. The guy was confused. Who can blame him. After all of the changes to Obamacare it's difficult to know what the heck is going on. These are frightening times.

It didn't stop Kathleen Parker of the Washington Post, Hillary backer, and a panelist on Meet the Press this morning, from taking a jab at the guy because he had a Southern accent. She implied it must be why he couldn't figure out his health insurance.

Typical liberal elitist. Poking fun at the common man because they aren't as smart as the folks she rubs elbows with. This is a Washington Liberal.

That's her seated on the left next to Chuck Todd.

139952453-pictured-kathleen-parker-columnist-gettyimages.jpg

I don't think she can understand what it's like to have to work every day and have the government pull the rug from under you like has happened to millions of Americans. Most Middle Class workers don't want to have to get a law degree to figure out their insurance policy. The industry has become more massively complex and much more expensive. It doesn't matter if Obama tells us he got his 7 million, there are still millions of Americans who don't even know if they're covered anymore. They feel they can't trust anything. And this Washington liberal thinks it's because they're stupid.

Oh,.........

She just got another laugh about how stupid that Red-neck was right before signing off. Hahahahahahahah!!!

*f#@en bi@ch*

Links

1 Year, 32,000 Words: WaPo?s Campaign Against Redskins 7x Longer than U.S. Constitution | NewsBusters

Kathleen Parker Anoints Hillary To 'Save The World' | NewsBusters

No link then? We're supposed to buy this story on your say so?

All ratty then...

I doubt she meant it like that seriously.

Why do you doubt it?

Personally I doubt it because it's undocumented ipse dixit. When you don't link to your point, you're either hiding something or you don't have anything to hide.

What do you have to hide?

BTW, the show was on when I wrote the OP. Kind of hard to get a link for that.

I've been looking for a link but it's difficult. Maybe this one will work. http://tve-nbcnews.nbcuni.com/tve/show/Meet the Press/218391107656/0/Meet the Press, April 6, 2014

Check out at 27 mins into the program. That's when she makes this snide comment, then again 30 seconds before sign-off.

Last edited:
Why do you doubt it?

Personally I doubt it because it's undocumented ipse dixit. When you don't link to your point, you're either hiding something or you don't have anything to hide.

I've been looking for a link but it's difficult.

Wonder what they have to hide?

"They" are not making a point on a message board, are they? Nor am I -- you are.

Maybe you need to wait for such a link then. As it is all we've got is your word. And some irrelevant links to Brent Bozo. Hence my skepticism.

So it's not a problem or problems with the law....
It's the fault of the people trying to figure it all out....

Democrats..." It's never us"

"They" are not making a point on a message board, are they? Nor am I -- you are.

Maybe you need to wait for such a link then. As it is all we've got is your word. And some irrelevant links to Brent Bozo. Hence my skepticism.

Exactly 27 mins in at this link..... http://tve-nbcnews.nbcuni.com/tve/show/Meet the Press/218391107656/0/Meet the Press, April 6, 2014

Now you have more than just my word.

Watch the program if you dare. :D

Last edited:

Exactly 27 mins in at this link..... NBCNews.com TVE - Watch Breaking News, Top Stories, Local and World News | NBC News

What was so hard about that? Why wasn't it in the OP?

It's just arrogant to write up a point with no documentation and expect everyone should buy it on your say so. I can't wrap my head around that.

Link isn't working but will try later.

Sometimes it's difficult not to give in to the stereotype that people from the south are stupid. Most of them know the point totals of every driver on the NASCAR circuit. They like barbeque and beer, tater-guns and Jack-ass videos.

They're just people that sound different. Does the way you talk indicate how intelligent you are? Sometimes, but to assume automatically that someone with a southern accent is stupid is an insult, and I think Kathleen Parker needs to apologize for the slur.

Kathleen Parker is a Hillary backer. This is when she said flat out that Romney was a Dork.

Columnist Kathleen Parker Says Face it: Romney is a "dork" - YouTube

You can disparage conservatives or people you think are conservatives, but if she were to say the same thing about gays or blacks she would be getting her pink slip.

I'm a fifth generation Florida Cracker with an IQ of 124 and I really don't give a flying fuck what you think about me. oh, I talk a little slow too, love NASCAR, Seminole Football, and southern Barbecue.

Kathleen, my old friend, is from Winter Haven, FL.

Kathleen Parker Implies That People From The South Are Stupid On Meet The Press

She would know.

Nope. I stated as such.

Try to keep up.

You're an idiot.

Exactly 27 mins in at this link..... NBCNews.com TVE - Watch Breaking News, Top Stories, Local and World News | NBC News

It's just arrogant to write up a point with no documentation and expect everyone should buy it on your say so. I can't wrap my head around that.

The link is fine.

Like I said, it's impossible to come up with documentation on a program what was live.

Now it's several hours later and we'll just have to wait until you can figure out how to work your pc or something comes out on youtube.

Last edited:

Nope. I stated as such.

Try to keep up.

You're an idiot.

Yeah, well it takes one to know one. :D

Sometimes it's difficult not to give in to the stereotype that people from the south are stupid. Most of them know the point totals of every driver on the NASCAR circuit. They like barbeque and beer, tater-guns and Jack-ass videos.

They're just people that sound different. Does the way you talk indicate how intelligent you are? Sometimes, but to assume automatically that someone with a southern accent is stupid is an insult, and I think Kathleen Parker needs to apologize for the slur.

Kathleen Parker is a Hillary backer. This is when she said flat out that Romney was a Dork.

Columnist Kathleen Parker Says Face it: Romney is a "dork" - YouTube

You can disparage conservatives or people you think are conservatives, but if she were to say the same thing about gays or blacks she would be getting her pink slip.

I'm a fifth generation Florida Cracker with an IQ of 124 and I really don't give a flying fuck what you think about me. oh, I talk a little slow too, love NASCAR, Seminole Football, and southern Barbecue.

No problem there. I've lived in the South long enough to know that people here aren't stupid.

I was pointing out that Parker was the one with this opinion.

Last edited:

The link is fine.

Like I said, it's impossible to come up with documentation on a program what was live.

Now it's several hours later and we'll just have to wait until you can figure out how to work your pc or something comes out on youtube.

Notice I didn't blame you for the link not working while you OTOH... yeah I figured you'd go for something cheap like that.

That's why I took this --

Attachments

• $NBC.jpg
    $NBC.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 65

Forum List

Back