Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before hearing

Yeah, but Dr. Ford is the only one asking for an FBI investigation.
And the only one who has taken a lie detector test..and passed it

inadmissible in any court.

she passed a test on an event as she remembers it...

not on how it happened.

(If Kavanaugh took a test, and it proved he DIDN'T do it, would you believe it?)
Has he volunteered to take a lie detector test?

Why not?

how many has he already taken?

Why is she fighting the hearing?

Not sure her story will hold up?

I repeat. Sexual assault is not a "childish prank"

However making unproven claims are not either. Destroying a man and his family for political expediency is no joke. It's a serious issue and should not be the future norm for our country.
Ya know what is no joke?

Sexual assault

neither is this

Woman accused of making up rape allegations in Connecticut will go on trial this week - Los Angeles Times

Just what and how were the questions presented to her.
Was Kav's name even mentioned?
You don't know and I don't either, so if I was you I wouldn't be throwing that out there with such little facts known.
Perhaps, the letter should be presented to the entire committee unredacted.
Of course you don't want to know the facts, you just want Kav's head.....just because you were
programmed by your masters.

not on how it happened.

(If Kavanaugh took a test, and it proved he DIDN'T do it, would you believe it?)

Why not?
Why should he? There’s no data to ask him!

However making unproven claims are not either. Destroying a man and his family for political expediency is no joke. It's a serious issue and should not be the future norm for our country.
Ya know what is no joke?

Sexual assault

neither is this

Woman accused of making up rape allegations in Connecticut will go on trial this week - Los Angeles Times

Just what and how were the questions presented to her.
Was Kav's name even mentioned?
You don't know and I don't either, so if I was you I wouldn't be throwing that out there with such little facts known.
Perhaps, the letter should be presented to the entire committee unredacted.
Of course you don't want to know the facts, you just want Kav's head.....just because you were
programmed by your masters.
No they want him or any other nominee gone! It’s all politics all of it!

Ya know what is no joke?

Sexual assault

neither is this

Kavanaugh should ask for an investigation into an event he doesn't remember?

Is that Liberal Logic in action?
Actually...if the allegations are fraudulent...he should WANT to have them clear his name
You know that still wouldn't be enough for you, be honest with yourself.

Ford’s lawyers released a letter to committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), CNN reported, calling for an investigation to “ensure the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decision.”

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday, attorney Lisa Banks reiterated that her client was “prepared to cooperate with the committee and with any law enforcement investigation.”

Christine Blasey Ford Calls On FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh Accusation Before Hearing

Good for her! Even Kavanaugh should want a thorough investigation - otherwise this cloud of doubt and suspicion will hang over him.

I think it's a little more than political than this. Let's face it--it was a brilliant political maneuever by Diane Feinstein who apparently had this letter for who knows how long. So she lets Kavaunaugh in the gate,let's him go through confirmation hearing and waits until the last minute--knowing it would stall the process, and hold up the vote.

Democrats are still pissed that Republicans didn't give Merrick Garland (Obama's last nominee a chance) so it's payback time. They're trying to stall until after the midterm election cycle. If Democrats can take the Senate they will be the ones that will dictate who the next Supreme Court Justice is.

I really don't know why Republicans are so upset about this, because in reality there is nothing special in Niel Gorsuch nor Brett Kavanuagh, at least (not in the way Republicans think they are.)

They have both ran the Democrat Gaunlet under G.W. Bush. Both were G.W. Bush nominees coming out of 2006, at a time when Democrats owned the Senate & were in charge of confirming Federal Court Justices. While Democrats turned down many of G.W's nominees, they confirmed both Niel Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh to Federal court Judgeships.

IOW these same Democrats would have also voted for & confirmed Brett Kavanaugh.

2017_02-02-schumer-gorsuch-hypocrite.jpg

Where Republicans run the risk of confirming Kavanaugh prior to an investigation, is with women. Women have an unfavorable opinion of Trump. He is in the tank at 27% and going into the midterm election cycle. Therefore by installing Kavanaugh without an investigation will only add fuel to that flre. The worse case scenario for Republicans, is if what this woman is stating is true, and it comes out after he becomes SCOTUS. Holy skeetshe.
Seven in 10 Women Have Unfavorable Opinion of Trump

So Republicans are stuck in a corner on this one. It would be in their best interest to play along and do an investigation, & then have her testify before confirming Kavanaugh.

Women are the largest voting block in this country today--they carry a very big punch in the voting booth.

Last edited:
Ford’s lawyers released a letter to committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), CNN reported, calling for an investigation to “ensure the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decision.”

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday, attorney Lisa Banks reiterated that her client was “prepared to cooperate with the committee and with any law enforcement investigation.”

Christine Blasey Ford Calls On FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh Accusation Before Hearing

Good for her! Even Kavanaugh should want a thorough investigation - otherwise this cloud of doubt and suspicion will hang over him.
Just another ploy from those pathetic Democrats

Just another ploy from those pathetic Democrats

I know.....and ...yes....Demrats are pathetic.

not on how it happened.

Why not?
Prove yourself innocent
Does not work that way here
Go where it does

not on how it happened.

Why not?

how many has he already taken?

Why is she fighting the hearing?

Not sure her story will hold up?

She is waiting for a groundswell of female support to develop and its nots. Even feminazi aren’t always nutzies

Yale Daily News‏Verified account @yaledailynews
A photograph that appeared in @yaledailynews on Jan. 18, 1985, shows Brett Kavanaugh’s fraternity brothers waving a flag woven from women’s underwear as part of a procession of DKE initiates marching across Yale’s campus, via @Hailey_Fuchs @BrittonDaly https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/09/20/a-flag-of-underwear-photo-from-kavanaughs-time-shows-dke-hijinks/ …

DngxdryU0AAxq7N.jpg

Brett Kavanaugh's Yale Fraternity Hoisted A Flag Made Of Women's Underwear In 1985

Wow, what a school.

was Kavanaugh involved?

Or is this more guilt by association?

I don't know - but it was apparently school culture.

panty raids are pretty much school culture all over the country.
(possibly world)

Marxists do this. They attack what were norms. Its why they occasionally turn on themselves and eat each other.
There is nothing you are doing today, absolutely nothing, that you can be sure commies 20 years from now wont be condemning and unforgiving about. They themselves dont know. Depends on what orders they get and what becomes politically expedient.

They arent really human.

Christine Blasey Ford’s Attorneys Lay Out Conditions For Senate Hearing

Some of the conditions included Kavanaugh not being present during Blasey’s testimony and for the committee to not turn the hearing into a “media circus.”

BLASEY: NO TESTIMONY IF KAV’S IN THE ROOM

I agree that Kavanaugh should not be allowed in the same room while Dr. Ford is testifying.

Some of the conditions included Kavanaugh not being present during Blasey’s testimony and for the committee to not turn the hearing into a “media circus.”

I agree that Kavanaugh should not be allowed in the same room while Dr. Ford is testifying.
Bullshit.

He should have the right to face his bitch-ass accuser.

No deal. She will not testify. Game over. He gets confirmed.

Fuck the commies.

So much for getting to face down your accuser eh ?? Unheard of........ This whole thing is a stunt pulled by the DEMON-CRATS

The Demon-crats are some evil human beings imho.

If this don't backfire on them, it will amaze me. If it helps the Demon-crats, then it will be very telling about where this country is heading next, and that absolutely won't be good.

We are fixing to see just how stupid this nation can really get if this stunt works for the Demon-crats.

That's quite infantile. "Mommy, Brett's looking at me!"

A basic principle of justice is that the defendant has the right to face his accusers.

...It's like saying my house was robbed, so I want the FBI to investigate. Such a setup...
No, it's not "like that", and you know it.

...Her lawyer knows quite well the FBI won't investigate, so she'll use that as a copout for her client not appearing before the Senate for questioning...
Optics in a mod-term election year:

1. if lawmakers postpone long enough (a week? two weeks? more?) for the FBI to take a second look... Dems win.

2. if lawmakers are seen ignoring an (reportedly) abused woman in an election year and refuse to investigate... Dems win.

...Boy libs are stupid...
Indeed... they oftentimes are... as dumb-as-a-box-o-rox... truly on a par with the worst of the Right.

...They fell for this hook, line and sinker.
Somebody fell for it hook, line and sinker... but you may have it wrong with respect to who, in this narrow context.

( see "Optics in a mid-term election year:", above )

If Senator Feinstein withholds information of a sexual misconduct allegation against a Supreme Court nominee until AFTER every senator had a shot at questioning Kavanaugh’s record, it raises a LOT is suspicion. Exactly why was the issue never brought up during questioning? If it was so very important enough of an issue, it would have been brought up the moment questioning began. Democrats made their voices known when it came to their view of confirmation proceeedings and procedure, but absolutely no recollection nor concern over an inappropriate behavior assault on a woman and issues of professional misconduct?

Obviously the Democrats have their set of priorities of importance, the treatment of a woman just didn’t make it to the top of their list of concerns to possibly bring up as a disqualifying factor.

Let’s be completely honest ... obstruction, stalling, and blocking a potential Supreme Court Justice is all that this is about. The method Democrats chose in bringing up these allegations exhibits the importance of a mere afterthought. I believe sexually assulted women would expect more than an ... oh by the way I almost forgot, tiny footnote of a response from a party that claims to care so much for women.

This doesn’t make Democrats look good at all, no matter how you try to excuse it away.

In the Merrick Garland case, we didn't want to hold a vote we knew was going to be negative, anyway. In this case, we want to hold the vote that we know has a chance of being positive.

So it was and is strictly politics.

Thanks for that admission

All that McConnell shit about "letting the voters decide" was obviously bullshit

Well duh. It wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

Personally destroying a person's career, family, and life over a political appointment with flimsy at best accusations is wrong.

But let's hold true to that principle and let the voters decide in November.

Ohhh no...can't do that.

You might lose

So do the democrats break the cycle or take another turn around the tree?

Forum List

Back