Kavanaugh/Ford Opinion Thread Merge -- Tuesday Sept 25th 2018

Are Establishment GOP Operatives Throwing The Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • I am undecided, but they are turning this in to a circus.

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
All his cases are public information........and that is a bunch of bull and you know it..........they had months.......it's faux outrage.
That doesn't change the fact the WH is withholding relative information on this nominee that should be vetted in the public domain. As far as his record, that's why I am against this right wing homer.

Do you really think that President Trump has info that would document Mr. Kavanaugh's alleged perversions and his alleged MC'ing of Rape Train parties in Washington during the 1980's?

I just don't see it.

Personally, I believe it is only politics that the Democrats on the committee have a problem with Kavanaugh with. There is no credible evidence to think that the nominee is anything other than a ethical individual that no one would have problems living next door to.

Maybe. We can expect more banana republic and third world antics from the Democrats.

But consider that those spineless Republicans may have learned a little from this. From now on we ram nominations through. These people have proven they cant function in a civilized venue and they have nothing to say the American people want to hear. I do hope this is th elast time we hear from these cowards who lost the election.

And consider the effect on Kavanaugh. He has seen the demonic crowds baying for his blood close up. Like Thomas he will now be a damn good vote on the Supreme Court. He's an innocent jurist no longer from a charmed life. He sees what we fight.

Im looking forward to the Ginsberg replacement.
Kavanaugh proved yesterday he is mentally incapable of being unbiased.

Merrick Garland got off easy. What you saw this week will be the fate of all nominees going forward.
Merrick Garland got fucked by tribalistic republicans.

Mr. Garland got fucked by Hillary Clinton. Her failure to win doomed his nomination.

The man would have been confirmed by Thanksgiving 2016, if the broad would have done her part.

Although I think its important to note that no Republican attacked Garland personally in 2016, no one tried to destroy his life and reputation. If, in the future, he gets nominated again, he can't expect to be treated with respect at all. The new Feinstein/Schumer rule permits going all the way back to find unfounded tales about any nominee to the court.

That was Joe Biden who fucked Garland.

Know your history.
That's just another example of republicans not having the balls to take responsibility for their own actions.

The Biden Rule was established in 1992 by the Vice President when he was serving in the Senate. It would have been wrong for the Republicans to bring Garland in for a borking during the election season.

Maybe. We can expect more banana republic and third world antics from the Democrats.

But consider that those spineless Republicans may have learned a little from this. From now on we ram nominations through. These people have proven they cant function in a civilized venue and they have nothing to say the American people want to hear. I do hope this is th elast time we hear from these cowards who lost the election.

And consider the effect on Kavanaugh. He has seen the demonic crowds baying for his blood close up. Like Thomas he will now be a damn good vote on the Supreme Court. He's an innocent jurist no longer from a charmed life. He sees what we fight.

Im looking forward to the Ginsberg replacement.
Kavanaugh proved yesterday he is mentally incapable of being unbiased.

Sucks to be a leftist.

Do you really think that President Trump has info that would document Mr. Kavanaugh's alleged perversions and his alleged MC'ing of Rape Train parties in Washington during the 1980's?

I just don't see it.
Because he won't release it. There are over 100,000 documents on Kavanaugh that have not been released to the public. They have something to hide and everyone knows it.

Personally, I believe it is only politics that the Democrats on the committee have a problem with Kavanaugh with. There is no credible evidence to think that the nominee is anything other than a ethical individual that no one would have problems living next door to.
Then why doesn't he want an FBI investigation if he's so innocent of the charges? And why won't Senate republicans subpoena Mark Judge? Why won't they let the FBI to talk to Mark Judge under the threat of perjury?

Because they have something to hide.

In the case of this confirmation hearing, the Democrats have zero credibility, Senator Finestein in particular. The silence of her fellow Democrats concerning her tactics with the letter from Dr. Ford is shameful to say the least.

As for political will, this is what happens when you one party controls the Presidency and the Senate thanks to Harry Reid getting rid of the 60 vote threshold for cloture.
Not that I think democrats wouldn’t want to try and orchestrate a political shitstorm, but are you suggesting Blasey isn’t credible?

Didn't watch today's proceedings.
Do not know if she is credible or not.
I do not care.

What the facts are is this. Something obviously happened. Apparently it wasn't serious enough--by her standard--to tell anyone. There is no record of her notifying any authority figure about the incident. I am of the strong opinion that you cannot come back 35 years later and claim it was serious. In our system, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. In the court of public opinion, whatever you wish to believe is valid and as specialized as the individual. If she thinks she was raped, she was raped. But I have to wonder why the 35 year delay.

Unlike a Hollywood starlet who is beholden to Harvey Weinstein or Les Moonves; Kav had no sway over her future prospects.

Unlike the Roman Catholic priests who are (or at least were) beyond reproach, a child of 6 had no hope of being believed at one point.

Unlike the highly selective process of Olympic athletes and other high profile sports, the coaches and trainers who could make you or break you are on far different soil than the HS student Kav was at the time.

So Whether she was credible or not is an opinion each of us hold--at least those who watched.
Her story isn't credible though; Again, if you and I are working tonight and we get into a fist fight. Then in the year 2053, you're nominated to the Supreme Court or Rock and Roll HOF or about to receive your Nobel Prize...I can't come back at you and say you assaulted me if I don't tell our boss, our security guard, or call the police and claim assault in 2018; can I?

As for the political shitstorm...uh..as far as I know, Senator Finestein alone knew about this charge from Dr. Ford and notified nobody. Is that not the case?

Billy000 I am going to ask once again....consider the following if you will; From my post above.

As for the political shitstorm...uh..as far as I know, Senator Finestein alone knew about this charge from Dr. Ford and notified nobody. Is that not the case?

Can you comment on that statement?
Um yeah and so? What does it matter what Feinstein does?

Well, you said you didn't think the Democrats orchestrated the political shitstorm. What do you call her getting this letter and, as far as I know, telling nobody about it until the end of the testimony by the nominee Judge Kav? Then releasing it instead of bringing it to the Committee's attention immediately once she received Dr. Ford's letter? I don't think there is any question that she lit the fuse on this.
No I’m saying they did probably orchestrate it, but that doesn’t mean she is lying. The validity of the accusations is a separate issue. The Dems would obviously just run with the story either way.

Mr. Garland got fucked by Hillary Clinton. Her failure to win doomed his nomination.

The man would have been confirmed by Thanksgiving 2016, if the broad would have done her part.
Merrick Garland got fucked by Mitch McConnell for an entire year prior to the election.

Although I think its important to note that no Republican attacked Garland personally in 2016, no one tried to destroy his life and reputation. If, in the future, he gets nominated again, he can't expect to be treated with respect at all. The new Feinstein/Schumer rule permits going all the way back to find unfounded tales about any nominee to the court.
And no republican gave Merrick Garland a hearing.

And no republican gave Merrick Garland a hearing.

Garland didn't have his life destroyed, and if Hillary Clinton would have won, he would have been confirmed by Thanksgiving.

No one was attacking the man, or tried to find people to tell tales about his youth.

The Biden Rule prohibited his consideration before the election, and the rule has a lot to be said for it. If we would have had hearings like we saw yesterday during the 2016 Presidential campaign with made up stories about Rape Train parties and asking middle aged men about their sexual experiences in high school, the people would have gotten off focus in the Presidential campaign.

I just don't see it.
Because he won't release it. There are over 100,000 documents on Kavanaugh that have not been released to the public. They have something to hide and everyone knows it.

Then why doesn't he want an FBI investigation if he's so innocent of the charges? And why won't Senate republicans subpoena Mark Judge? Why won't they let the FBI to talk to Mark Judge under the threat of perjury?

Biden believes the FBI report would be useless. Inconclusive.
At least that's what he used to say.
How Joe Biden’s comments about the FBI and Anita Hill are now being used against Democrats

Liberals are screaming hypocrites.

I just don't see it.

Oh, Billo. Really! When you say, " There are over 100,000 documents on Kavanaugh that have not been released to the public. They have something to hide and everyone knows it." Doncha know that reiterating Judge Kavanagh's boring straight-A+ report cards at every school he ever attended would be so boring he might try to hide it?

Not that I think democrats wouldn’t want to try and orchestrate a political shitstorm, but are you suggesting Blasey isn’t credible?

Didn't watch today's proceedings.
Do not know if she is credible or not.
I do not care.

What the facts are is this. Something obviously happened. Apparently it wasn't serious enough--by her standard--to tell anyone. There is no record of her notifying any authority figure about the incident. I am of the strong opinion that you cannot come back 35 years later and claim it was serious. In our system, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. In the court of public opinion, whatever you wish to believe is valid and as specialized as the individual. If she thinks she was raped, she was raped. But I have to wonder why the 35 year delay.

Unlike a Hollywood starlet who is beholden to Harvey Weinstein or Les Moonves; Kav had no sway over her future prospects.

Unlike the Roman Catholic priests who are (or at least were) beyond reproach, a child of 6 had no hope of being believed at one point.

Unlike the highly selective process of Olympic athletes and other high profile sports, the coaches and trainers who could make you or break you are on far different soil than the HS student Kav was at the time.

So Whether she was credible or not is an opinion each of us hold--at least those who watched.
Her story isn't credible though; Again, if you and I are working tonight and we get into a fist fight. Then in the year 2053, you're nominated to the Supreme Court or Rock and Roll HOF or about to receive your Nobel Prize...I can't come back at you and say you assaulted me if I don't tell our boss, our security guard, or call the police and claim assault in 2018; can I?

Billy000 I am going to ask once again....consider the following if you will; From my post above.

Can you comment on that statement?
Um yeah and so? What does it matter what Feinstein does?

Well, you said you didn't think the Democrats orchestrated the political shitstorm. What do you call her getting this letter and, as far as I know, telling nobody about it until the end of the testimony by the nominee Judge Kav? Then releasing it instead of bringing it to the Committee's attention immediately once she received Dr. Ford's letter? I don't think there is any question that she lit the fuse on this.
No I’m saying they did probably orchestrate it, but that doesn’t mean she is lying. The validity of the accusations is a separate issue. The Dems would obviously just run with the story either way.

We’re not talking about lying or credibility or whatever; we’re talking about the political shit storm. I blame Ms. Finestein for this and her alone. Grassley didn’t help matters at all when he let it go on for ten days.

That no other democrats are calling her out on this is shameful for the Party.

Biden believes the FBI report would be useless. Inconclusive.
At least that's what he used to say.
How Joe Biden’s comments about the FBI and Anita Hill are now being used against Democrats

Liberals are screaming hypocrites.

This whole charade was, IMHO, just an effort to push the decision past the midterms- and if the Democrats were successful to push the selection past the 2020 elections when they hope Trump will be defeated.

I think you’re 90% correct. However I don’t think it was a charade. Clearly the Kavanaugh we know now is not the choir boy he pretended to be.

Democrats really need to pray to Almighty God that Kavanaugh gets confirmed soon.

If the GOP wins the Midterms, and Kavanaugh hasn't been confirmed, they can expect Kav's name to be withdrawn and a much more conservative candidate to be proposed.

Kavanaugh is a gift to the Dems, they should just accept itt and run.

Forum List

Back