Kay Bailey Hutchison: Obama Has A 'Bias' Against Texas

The whole country should have a bias against Texas.

They elected a traitorous and murdering governor.

Sallow, you're credibility takes hits when you call someone traitorous and murderous when they have done neither. You're smarter than that. Come on.

When did that bomb throwing moonbat ever have credibility? .......:eusa_whistle:

*NEVER* He's an asshat on the PUBLIC DOLE...Swallow is a fucking MOOCHER. Many of YOU pay For his life...

Last edited:
Sallow, you're credibility takes hits when you call someone traitorous and murderous when they have done neither. You're smarter than that. Come on.

When did that bomb throwing moonbat ever have credibility? .......:eusa_whistle:

*NEVER* He's an asshat on the PUBLIC DOLE...Swallow is a fucking MOOCHER. Many of YOU pay For his life...
Now I'm curious as to what he really does for a living. I know I'm in a state job, and you should see the freak out from my commie fellow workers when I say I have no problem if we got privatized (as we stole the jobs of 15 different private firms to be created) again. They start with the "you'd get paid less!" I say maybe, but that's only a guess. Then they say that "you'd get less benefits!" and I respond but my taxes would be lower. They say "You just don't get it!" and I say, no no... I get it fine. But I understand what government largess is, and that this whole system of operation would be much better and I wouldn't have to tolerate as many incompetents as there are here now.

That usually ends the conversation.

You're in a state job? No doubt you hate yourself for that.
Not a fan of it at all. But I'm doing my small part to bring down the union from the inside. :lol:

I know I'm pissing off the commie rabblerousers... I mean troublemakers going to other states to disrupt their democratic process... I mean fellow union brothers. :rolleyes: And they really hate it when I say I'm not worried one bit about my job if they do the hundreds of millions of dollars in budget cutbacks. They've got tons of money they're wasting on a failed light rail system they can put back into us.

Yep. The job I like though.

Texas is thriving? I'd love to see your definition of thriving.

Compared to everyone else....

Some 37% of all net new American jobs since the recovery began were created in Texas. Mr. Fisher's study is a lesson in what works in economic policy—and it is worth pondering in the current 1.8% growth moment.

Using Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data, Dallas Fed economists looked at state-by-state employment changes since June 2009, when the recession ended. Texas added 265,300 net jobs, out of the 722,200 nationwide, and by far outpaced every other state. New York was second with 98,200, Pennsylvania added 93,000, and it falls off from there. Nine states created fewer than 10,000 jobs, while Maine, Hawaii, Delaware and Wyoming created fewer than 1,000. Eighteen states have lost jobs since the recovery began.

Review & Outlook: The Lone Star Jobs Surge - WSJ.com

Doesn't really tell you anything meaningful. Texas is the second largest state. It's not really shocking that it's created more jobs than any other state.

Compared to everyone else....

Some 37% of all net new American jobs since the recovery began were created in Texas. Mr. Fisher's study is a lesson in what works in economic policy—and it is worth pondering in the current 1.8% growth moment.

Using Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data, Dallas Fed economists looked at state-by-state employment changes since June 2009, when the recession ended. Texas added 265,300 net jobs, out of the 722,200 nationwide, and by far outpaced every other state. New York was second with 98,200, Pennsylvania added 93,000, and it falls off from there. Nine states created fewer than 10,000 jobs, while Maine, Hawaii, Delaware and Wyoming created fewer than 1,000. Eighteen states have lost jobs since the recovery began.

Review & Outlook: The Lone Star Jobs Surge - WSJ.com

Doesn't really tell you anything meaningful. Texas is the second largest state. It's not really shocking that it's created more jobs than any other state.

And California is number 1, and NY number 3. Neither of which come anywhere near, proportionally, the number of jobs Texas is creating.

So yeah, I'd say that fits the definition of "thriving" in this economy.

Texas has a booming economy and their unemployment rates have been below the national average for over a decade.

Apparently many people view Texas as a good place to seek employment and to move to. Over 900k people have moved to Texas from other parts of the country and abroad since 2000...which will be leading them to gain more house appointments and electorial votes (while NY,as an example, will be losing some of theirs due to people leaving the state in droves...due to the high cost of living).

Texas does have an unemployment rate below the national average. It's also one of the poorest states in the country. It has one of the highest rates of people lacking health insurance. It has the second lowest percentage of residents who lack a high school diploma.

Also, you need to check your population stats. Texas gained seats because it grew faster than other states. The only state to lose population was Michigan.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is messing with Texas, the senior senator from that state alleged.

Speaking to MSNBC on Friday, Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison acknowledged that Texas does depend heavily on taxpayer funds –- a paradigm at odds with the state's rights braggadocio that frequently emanates from its capital in Austin. But still, Hutchison said, she felt that the Obama White House looked down, if not stigmatized, the Lone Star State.

"I see a bias in this administration against Texas… yes, I do see it in this administration, absolutely. We didn't get the help in the wildfires that I think any other state would have gotten," said Hutchison. "I think if you look at the things that have not happened in Texas, I think it is pretty clear that there is a bias against Texas. Even in the border issues we are not getting the help we should have from the federal government to secure the 1,200-mile border we have with Mexico. So I do think that a lot of the rhetoric has rubbed the administration wrong, and we have had to fight hard for our fair share."

This acute distrust with the Obama administration is nothing new for prominent Texas Republicans. The Gov. Rick Perry, who is a rumored GOP presidential candidate, has hinted that the state would be better off seceding from the United States.

But is it detached from or belied by actually policy? In 2007, during the waning years of the Texan President George W. Bush's administration, the state received roughly 94 cents for every tax dollar it sent to the federal government. From 2007 through 2009, that number was only slightly less: 92 cents.

Kay Bailey Hutchison: Obama Has A 'Bias' Against Texas

Poor ,poor Texas...only 92 cents on every dollar they pay

Obama must really hate blue state NJ.......we only receive 62 cents

Speaking of MOOCHERS? Here is another one...YES YOU Leftwingshitflinger...

I fail to see how my federal employment could be considered MOOCHING

Over the past thirty years working for the Dept of Defense I have worked at providing cutting edge technology to soldiers that has saved thousands of lives. I have worked long hours under stressful conditions spending months away from my family

I have been paid a fair salary for what I do, but could have made much more working for defense contractors. I am proud every time I see soldiers using equipment that I spent years developing and testing. I am also proud to have made a difference in ensuring our soldiers have the best equipment in the world

Last edited:
The whole country should have a bias against Texas.

They elected a traitorous and murdering governor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqtNiy4lgc]YouTube - ‪Texas Sovereignty or Secession Rally - Larry Kilgore‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xTxcFA398]YouTube - ‪Rick Perry / Austin Tea Party ::: On Secession and "Right Wing Extremism"‬‏[/ame]
A juror's doubts – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

You find me a governor of New York that's been talking about Secession. Or a rally including a candidate for governor that yelling about how much he hates the flag and the government of the United States. While you're at it..find me a governor who had compelling evidence that the guy he's sending to death might be innocent..and yet he sends them to death anyway.

That losing candidate for Governor did sound a lot like Obama's preacher of 20 years. Both of them are losers.

Might be innocent means doesn't mean anything since he was found guilty by a jury in a court of law. What don't you understand about guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.? And, the Governor of Texas does not send anyone to death, the Judicial system does. Under Texas state law, the Governor can delay but not prevent the death penalty from being carried out.

Here is one of your heroes showboating to get the pro death penalty vote.

While campaigning for U.S. President, the then Governor Clinton returned to Arkansas to see that Ricky Ray Rector would be executed. After killing a police officer and a civilian, Rector shot himself in the head, leading to what his lawyers said was a state where he could still talk but did not understand the idea of death. According to Arkansas state and Federal law, a seriously mentally impaired inmate cannot be executed. The courts disagreed with the allegation of grave mental impairment and allowed the execution. Clinton's return to Arkansas for the execution was framed in a The New York Times article as a possible political move to counter "soft on crime" accusations.

Last edited:

Texas has a booming economy and their unemployment rates have been below the national average for over a decade.

Apparently many people view Texas as a good place to seek employment and to move to. Over 900k people have moved to Texas from other parts of the country and abroad since 2000...which will be leading them to gain more house appointments and electorial votes (while NY,as an example, will be losing some of theirs due to people leaving the state in droves...due to the high cost of living).

Texas does have an unemployment rate below the national average. It's also one of the poorest states in the country. It has one of the highest rates of people lacking health insurance. It has the second lowest percentage of residents who lack a high school diploma.

Also, you need to check your population stats. Texas gained seats because it grew faster than other states. The only state to lose population was Michigan.

Not true!

The 435 seats in the House of Representatives are divided among the states every 10 years based on new Census data. A look at states that could possibly gain or lose if reapportionment occurred today. Number of House seats in parenthesis:

Winners

Texas (32): 4 possible seats gained

Florida (25): 2 possible seats gained

Arizona (8): 1 possible seat gained

Georgia (3): 1 possible seat gained

Nevada (3): 1 possible seat gained

South Carolina (6): 1 possible seat gained

Utah (3): 1 possible seat gained

Washington (9): 1 possible seat gained

Losers

New York (29): 2 possible seats lost

Ohio (18): 2 possible seats lost

Illinois (19): 1 possible seat lost

Iowa (5): 1 possible seat lost

Louisiana (7): 1 possible seat lost

Massachusetts (10): 1 possible seat lost

Michigan (15): 1 possible seat lost

Missouri (9): 1 possible seat lost

New Jersey (13): 1 possible seat lost

Pennsylvania (19): 1 possible seat

:lol::lol::lol::lol: He sat there jiving with the congregation for 20 years,, he sure as hell hates America.. sure does, and the jackass marxist minister who taught him was his bestest friend, budddy,, granddadddy and mentor..

9/11 happened on George W. Bush watch. And while he was warned that the brother of the man who he started a business with..would be involved. George W. Bush was no stranger to Osama Bin Laden, his father funded the crazy religious zealot..when he was fighting the Russians. After 9/11 George W. Bush made sure Bin Laden's family got out of harms way..by helping them leave the country. George W. Bush..said he was after Osama, but somehow killed the President of Iraq, Saddam Hussien, instead. That guy had nothing to do with 9/11. Osama Bin Laden..planned it. Financed it. Ordered it done. So thanks to the Bushes and their DIRECT involvement with the Bin Ladens, 3,000 Americans died, horrible deaths. Thanks to the Bushes, 2 unpaid for wars bankrupted this nation. Thanks to the Bushes, thousands of troops have been injured and killed..as well as hundreds of thousands of Afghan and Iraqi citizens.

And this whole thing could have been over in 2 weeks..had George W. Bush wiped out the camps in Afghanistan and killed Osama Bin Laden. But nope:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]YouTube - ‪Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version)‬‏[/ame]
CIA disbands Bin laden unit | World news | The Guardian

You people are fucked up.
Actually 9/11 began under Clinton's watch. bin Laden was handed on a gold plated serving dish to Clinton and he refused.
Now you will spout off these lefty conspiracy theories about the alleged 9/11 hoax.
Yes yes yes....bore us to death

Actually..that's a lie. No one offered Bin Laden's head on a platter. Actually quite the opposite. The conservatives were against hunting down Bin Laden. They would not allow Special Forces to enter any of the regions that Bin Laden was hiding in to track him down. Conservatives were much more interested in impeaching the President over a blow job. That's not a made up internet story. That's the history.

But to the bigger point. 9/11 started when George HW Bush funded the muhjaideen. They were as radical back then as they were when they broke off into the Taliban and Al Qaeda. Afghanistan was a "proof of concept" for them, to see if they could fight a big western power. And they showed it could be done...and by using resources from the West.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqtNiy4lgc]YouTube - ‪Texas Sovereignty or Secession Rally - Larry Kilgore‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xTxcFA398]YouTube - ‪Rick Perry / Austin Tea Party ::: On Secession and "Right Wing Extremism"‬‏[/ame]
A juror's doubts – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

You find me a governor of New York that's been talking about Secession. Or a rally including a candidate for governor that yelling about how much he hates the flag and the government of the United States. While you're at it..find me a governor who had compelling evidence that the guy he's sending to death might be innocent..and yet he sends them to death anyway.

That losing candidate for Governor did sound a lot like Obama's preacher of 20 years. Both of them are losers.

Might be innocent means doesn't mean anything since he was found guilty by a jury in a court of law. What don't you understand about guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.? And, the Governor of Texas does not send anyone to death, the Judicial system does. Under Texas state law, the Governor can delay but not prevent the death penalty from being carried out.

Here is one of your heroes showboating to get the pro death penalty vote.

While campaigning for U.S. President, the then Governor Clinton returned to Arkansas to see that Ricky Ray Rector would be executed. After killing a police officer and a civilian, Rector shot himself in the head, leading to what his lawyers said was a state where he could still talk but did not understand the idea of death. According to Arkansas state and Federal law, a seriously mentally impaired inmate cannot be executed. The courts disagreed with the allegation of grave mental impairment and allowed the execution. Clinton's return to Arkansas for the execution was framed in a The New York Times article as a possible political move to counter "soft on crime" accusations.

As to Wright? No he doesn't. If you listened to the whole sermon, Wright was angry about the despicable treatment of Black people in America. And in some regions, that still continues today. Wright was a Veteran..and suffered discrimination directly. And Wright isn't talking about spliting up the United States. In fact the very last time that was talked about was during the Civil War..when States wanted to protect their right to own other people. Oddly enough, Black people. And even more Oddly enough..one of those states that joined in that incredibly vile movement..was Texas. 600K Americans died in that conflict. And Oddly enough..a Texas Governor..which is not some baptist minister with no power whatsoever..is talking about secession. That's treason. Being angry about the poor treatment of people of your same skin color..is being angry about the poor treatment of people of your same skin color.

And as to executing a brain impaired murderer of 2 people, one being a cop..and the brain injury being the result of a self inflicted wound. Fuck him. The state should be allowed to finish the job.

Texas is big enough to take care of itself. At least most Texans bloviate so. My company in boot camp included many Texans and Arkansians (? sic); those from Arkansas were generally easy going and self effacing, the Texans were the exact opposite as well as amazingly ignorant.

I should add I've spent some time in San Antonio, Houston, Austin and Galveston, the people in general are like people everywhere, it is only a small sample which give Texas and Texans a bad name. San Antonio has some of the best Mexican food I've ever had and the river walk is fantastic; Austin is a vibrant city of educated young people and Galvaston has nice beaches and some really fun bars. Houston is an arm pit and I have no interest in the Dallas owing to a basic hatred of the Cowboys.

Rick Perry thinks Texas should jump ship.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzbdugWJbNo&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - ‪Gov. Perry: TX Can Secede‬‏[/ame]

Strange thing to say for someone who wants to be President.

You are a fucking faggot.

I've paid for more of your beers then Carter has liver pills.

I've been working since the age of 9...and now I am 50. Never been unemployed for more then 1 year aggregated total in all that time. And thats through all my school years as well.

So fuck you - you little prissy pants foul mouthed alcoholic cum swallower.

That line kind of jumps right out at ya, doesn't it? :lol::lol::lol:

the state received roughly 94 cents for every tax dollar it sent to the federal government[/SIZE

so does this one ass wipe. They're still paying more than they receive. so you can stfu.

New York gets 79 cents, so Texas is STILL a parasite as far as we're concerned.

There are 15 military bases in Texas that require a lot of federal dollars. There are 4 in New York. And still, Texas gets back 6 cents less on every dollar they send to DC. Absolutely amazing.

Forum List

Back