Keep an eye out on the upcoming Louisiana senate run-off election

Who would have thought that Louisiana's senate election (now due to a run-off next month) would be so damn important.......As it currently stands, the GOP has 51 senate seats to Dems. 48, and the run-off may either make the count 52-48 or 51-49.

This run-off is important because of the possible filibusters that Dems would apply when fighting off the GOP's wishes to also control the SCOTUS.

Bear in mind that the SCOTUS status will impact on the upholding of Roe v. Wade and the continuation of Dodd-Frank...the only safeguard toward another WS banks' possible claim that they're too big to fail.

Uh-Huh, apparently the race is a real nail biter... :rolleyes:

"According to The Advocate, a poll conducted by Trafalgar Group found 48 percent of respondents were firmly behind Kennedy (The Republican) and a further 10 percent were leaning his way.
Only 27 percent of respondents said they firmly support Campbell
(The Democrat) with an additional 8 percent are leaning his way."

Poll: Republican Kennedy Leading in Louisiana Senate Race

Can I promote my picks?

Bill Pryor and Mike Lee....

Reading Lee's book, 'Our Lost Constitution,' right now.

Oh, you forgot one of your picks, David Duke....I'm sure it was an innocent oversight.

Can I promote my picks?

Bill Pryor and Mike Lee....

Reading Lee's book, 'Our Lost Constitution,' right now.

Oh, you forgot one of your picks, David Duke....I'm sure it was an innocent oversight.

David Duke....the Democrat????

Why would I pick him?

State Senator, 1975 (Baton Rouge Area)[edit]
Threshold > 50%

First Ballot, November 1, 1975

Louisiana State Senate, 1975
Party
Candidate Votes %
Democratic
Kenneth Osterberger 22,287 66
Democratic David Duke 11,079 33
N/A Others 1
Total 100
State Senator, 10th District, 1979 (Suburban New Orleans)[edit]

Threshold > 50% First Ballot, October 27, 1979

Louisiana State Senate, 10th District, 1979
Party
Candidate Votes %
Democratic
Joseph Tiemann 21,329 57
Democratic David Duke 9,897 26
N/A Others 6,459 17
Total 37,685 100
Democratic Nomination for United States Presidential Candidate, 1988 (Louisiana results)[edit]

Threshold = Plurality

1988 Democratic Presidential primary in Louisiana
Party
Candidate Votes %
Democratic
Jesse Jackson 221,522 35
Democratic Al Gore 174,971 28
Democratic Michael Dukakis 95,661 15
Democratic Dick Gephardt 67,029 11
Democratic Gary Hart 26,437 4
Democratic David Duke 23,391 4
Democratic Others 16,008 3
Total 625,019 100
Electoral history of David Duke - Wikipedia

clinton-gore-confederate-1992.jpeg

Democrats.....the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

David Duke....the Democrat????

Yeah....Duke is as much a democrat as Joe Lieberman....LOL

David Duke is as much a democrat as Fred Phelps.

"The founder of Westboro Baptist Church, Fred Phelps, notorious for leading hateful protests against gay rights, is actually a Democrat with long history of endorsing Democratic candidates."
Westboro Baptist Church Leader Fred Phelps a Democrat

" Fred Phelps is a lifelong Democrat who ran for Governor of Kansas three times…in 1990, 1994, and 1998. Fred Phelps ran as a Democrat. Fred Phelps is a Democrat who strongly supported Al Gore for years,..."
QUESTIONS: Is Fred Phelps a Democrat? Is Westboro Baptist a Democrat organization? Why did Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist picket Elizabeth Edwards' funeral on December 11th, 2010?

Republican administrations over the last many decades have refused to give abortion litmus tests to court nominees. Hillary Clinton now leading with 1.7 million votes says his mandate's are extremely weak. So I doubt that Republicans would approve of a far Reich wing nominee--mainly out of fear that they would lose their own seats.

Trump is a one termer, that is, if he doesn't get impeached first. Democrats will most certainly take over both houses in 2018--so all of these existing court justices can certainly make it through the next 2 years.

Of course, I hope you're correct....(although taking back the House would be tough with all the red gerrymandering)....

Additionally, not only would the current Justices need to hang on for the next 2 years, but the evil Scalia's seat needs to be filled and I wonder if Dems, in the senate have the backbone to filibuster.

Another small ray of hope is that Thomas (without Scalia's lap to sit on) may soon retire.

Republicans lost 2 senate seats and 6 house seats. Americans are pissed off, and those that normally wouldn't vote in a midterm are going to make certain they show up.

Supreme court Justices can be confirmed with a simple majority, but again you have Republicans in the Senate and the House that will be up for reelection in 2018 that aren't going to confirm some dip-shit Reich wing radical nominee. They just won't do it. Democrats will have a stink fit about it, Republicans can't afford to lose women--by attacking Roe V Wade or Planned Parenthood. While a Trump supporter is dumber than shit, Republicans in the house and senate aren't.

OBAMACARE--to repeal will require 60 votes in the Senate and that doesn't exist there. It took a sitting Democrat President and a Democrat super majority in both houses that gave us Obamacare, and anything less isn't going to repeal it. So they're dead in the water on that one. The only thing they can do is try to get Democrats to agree to tweek it to get the cost down.

Now this guy is off the reservation.

1. Any of the names Trump has put up will become the next Justice. Why? Because the Dems said they would go to simple majority when they thought it was in the bag for Hilly. They lost, now their own words will make it palatable because it is on tape-)

2. Was not a super majority that got Obysmalcare, it was Democratic house, Presidency, and senate, just like the Repubs have now. Don't you remember your fearless leader Harry Reed changing the rules to get it through without 1 Republican vote? Or are you to young! Either way, Obysmalcare is gone, adios, sayonara, see ya-wouldn't want to be ya!

3. Do you really follow politics; I mean closely? You do realize that in 18 it is now the Democrats who have all those juicy seats up for vote-) You had better hope that your political philosophy is 100% accurate on how they handle the economy, because if it isn't and Trump gets the economy to pick up at all, I would say that you will certainly have a super majority, but on our side come 1:cool:

Have a WONDERFUL 2 years, knowing that what is best for American workers, if it starts to pick up for them you will be conflicted from happiness for your countrymen, to fury knowing you Democrats may not win another state seat except in Illinois, New Jersey, Illinois, New York, and California, for around 15years, lol.

Oh ya, and by the way, your guy hasn't a snowballs chance in Louisiana. He has a far less chance, than Hillary had against Trump, hehehehehehehehehehehehe! (now that has to hurt)

Because the Dems said they would go to simple majority when they thought it was in the bag for Hilly. They lost, now their own words will make it palatable because it is on tape-)

checkout what Orin Hatch has stated on eliminating the filibuster....should send a thrill up your leg.....LOL

Forum List

Back