Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Yes the comparison is complete nonsense. Cars are necessary for transportation and there is no alternative. Guns are not necessary and you could use pepper spray as an alternative. The fact is if we woke up tomorrow with no cars or trucks our country would collapse. If we woke up with no guns then 99.9% of citizens would be unaffected. The only people affected would be the paranoid gun nuts scared to come out because Bigfoot will get them. But they need a good doctor, not a gun.

Defending oneself is not necessary?

Are you really that stupid?

What would you do if thugs invaded your home while your children were there? Ask them to line up so you could pepper spray them before they rape your wife?

I'm guessing you would lay down like a little bitch and beg them to spare your life instead of being a man and killing the rat bastards where they stood.

My home has never been invaded by thugs, nor has the home of anyone I know. Statistically I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than that happening. So since I'm not a scared little paranoid person like you it's not necessary. Try an alarm system, much more effective.

LOL, buy an alarm ... so you can sit and wait for the police to bring ... guns!

See, your plan is actually to make sure that only government has guns. That criminals will as well is just the cost of doing business to you. Your goal is to have an unarmed population, the best way to have an all powerful government.

Bad hair day Lonestar? You're not usually such a moron. He picked a movie classic that demonstrated a point he was making. He didn't say that was the source of his belief, just that it demonstrated the point. And it did so effectively. And he's correct, the primary use of guns is not to shoot criminals but to avoid having to shoot criminals.

When I was young, I heard some leftist stat about shootings along the line of something like that more people are shot by accident by honest citizens than on purpose, and I was wow, they are right on this. Then when I had the whole picture, how many times guns prevented crimes without shots, it dwarfed shootings. It was a life lesson for me. When liberals slice a factoid, learn the big picture and you'll see how they are wrong. That was the last time I fell for their crap. I don't reject what they say, I learn the big picture. And then, they are always wrong. Not usually, always.

That's my point exactly. He can't make a point on his own he has to rely on a fictional movie to make his point for him.

And no that's not the primary use of a weapon. I didn't by any of my weapons for the purpose of not using them and I doubt many people have. I bought for the sole purpose of using them whether in self defense, defense of property, hunting, target shooting etc... I tell all my customers to practice shooting at least once a week and to practice drawing and holstering the weapon every chance they have. You want it to become second nature so when the times comes you will be prepared. To have a firearm with the primary reason to NOT shoot a criminal is the dumbest thing I've heard. I mean, why even have a gun?

Take a CHL or CCW class and they will tell you to NOT draw your weapon UNLESS you ARE going to use it. I'll concede some idiots will suggest you brandish your firearm in an attempt to demotivate the attacker, but that's just plain stupid. IMO

You still don't get it. First, my use of a popular folklore was just a vehicle, no different than any other use of language. Everything we read or say is based on experience, shared or not. Would you think better of me if I quoted Shakespeare instead? Or are you saying we should never cite popular examples. lol...

Anyhow... back to you not getting it. Take away every good person's weapons and you will do nothing but embolden criminals, roving gangs of well armed criminals will go home to home taking your stuff and raping your women folk. That's what we are talking about. You appear to have bought weapons just to shoot things.. interesting viewpoint. While I would admit to having bought weapons to hunt, and defend my home. I would not say that the purpose of my guns is to kill criminals. Quite the opposite. This is the type of concept authoritarians never get. They don't appear to have the faculty to understand solutions that do not require the use of force.

Criminals and other predators are usually cowards, if given the choice they will usually avoid injury. Thus pass over the home of the gun nut. Nah, what they will do instead is look for easy prey... you know.. "gun free zones."

Why quote anyone, especially fictional characters? Think for yourself. That would impress me.

I think it's ok to cite examples of actual people and not fictional characters as long as it pertains to the topic and helps make your point and not a substitute.

While I'm killing those that seek to do me and my family harm, you can use the last breath of your life trying to find solutions that do not require the use of force.

When threatened, I will act. I will not rely on hoping the sight of a firearm will scare them away. And frankly I don't see the point of scaring away a person so that they can just go and prey on someone else. To me that's being a coward. If you are too damn scared to shoot in self defense, then do not carry a weapon for self defense.

You stated, "Criminals and other predators are usually cowards, if given the choice they will usually avoid injury. Thus pass over the home of the gun nut.".

How can you tell which house belongs to a "gun nut"? How can you tell which "gun nut " is walking around armed?

I personally don't know any gun owners that advertise the fact that they have guns in their house.

Yes the comparison is complete nonsense. Cars are necessary for transportation and there is no alternative. Guns are not necessary and you could use pepper spray as an alternative. The fact is if we woke up tomorrow with no cars or trucks our country would collapse. If we woke up with no guns then 99.9% of citizens would be unaffected. The only people affected would be the paranoid gun nuts scared to come out because Bigfoot will get them. But they need a good doctor, not a gun.

What would you do if thugs invaded your home while your children were there? Ask them to line up so you could pepper spray them before they rape your wife?

I'm guessing you would lay down like a little bitch and beg them to spare your life instead of being a man and killing the rat bastards where they stood.

My home has never been invaded by thugs, nor has the home of anyone I know. Statistically I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than that happening. So since I'm not a scared little paranoid person like you it's not necessary. Try an alarm system, much more effective.

Me scared? Not in the least bit.

Alarms systems will not protect you from harm. It will alert the police of whom will arrive after the fact. Not much to do then.

If alarms were the more effective defense, there'd never be a bank robbery.

First of all, you're full of shit. Sporting, hunting, shooting, collecting are fun and have nothing to do with shooting people. That you don't like guns doesn't make them worthless to anyone but you.

Second of all, you are posting the red in a thread that asks your plan, and apparently you don't have one either. So what difference does that statement make? And your stat is also crap, a lot of people would be affected.

None of those things are necessary. You really want to argue that guns are more necessary than cars and trucks? Nobody can be that stupid.

Strawman and irrelevant. I neither argued they are "more" necessary than vehicles nor is that relevant. So is that the standard you practice in your life? Anything that is less necessary than your car goes in the trash can? Oops, is your trash can more important than your car? I hope so, otherwise you won't have one. What a stupid argument.

And you are still evading the question. None of this addresses the OP and what your proposal is to make your plan work. How are you going to keep criminals from getting guns? We can't stop teenagers from getting pot. Stop dancing.

Nor can you grow guns in your basement. This thread seems filled with nonsense comparisons.

We have far more guns than any other country, yet we still have crime. I think you put too much faith in guns.

See, your plan is actually to make sure that only government has guns. That criminals will as well is just the cost of doing business to you. Your goal is to have an unarmed population, the best way to have an all powerful government.

Quite the fantasy your living in. So everyone with an alarm system is for government full control? Sure they are.:cuckoo:

We have far more guns than any other country, yet we still have crime. I think you put too much faith in guns.

According to the FBI, there were 1.2 million violent crimes committed in the US during 2011. FBI — Violent Crime

According to the UK government, there were 1.94 million violent crimes in the UK during 2011. www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_296191.pdf

There are almost exactly five times as many people in the US as in the UK – 314 million vs. 63 million. The violent crime rate in the UK is 3,100 per 100,000, and in the US it is 380 per 100,000 population.

None of those things are necessary. You really want to argue that guns are more necessary than cars and trucks? Nobody can be that stupid.

Strawman and irrelevant. I neither argued they are "more" necessary than vehicles nor is that relevant. So is that the standard you practice in your life? Anything that is less necessary than your car goes in the trash can? Oops, is your trash can more important than your car? I hope so, otherwise you won't have one. What a stupid argument.

And you are still evading the question. None of this addresses the OP and what your proposal is to make your plan work. How are you going to keep criminals from getting guns? We can't stop teenagers from getting pot. Stop dancing.

Nor can you grow guns in your basement. This thread seems filled with nonsense comparisons.

Yes, so your strategy now is to make nonsense comparisons, like between guns and cars, then chicken walk your way out of it because of nonsense comparisons?

Address the OP. What is your proposal to get guns out of the hands of criminals, not just honest citizens, and stop dancing.

:dance:

Quite the fantasy your living in. So everyone with an alarm system is for government full control? Sure they are.:cuckoo:

Damn, that's seriously what you thought I said? You are either playing children's word games or you are seriously butt stupid.

Damn, that's seriously what you thought I said? You are either playing children's word games or you are seriously butt stupid.

You pretty clearly stated this plan. I think it's clear who the stupid one is. That's all in your crazy little head.

According to the FBI, there were 1.2 million violent crimes committed in the US during 2011. FBI — Violent Crime

According to the UK government, there were 1.94 million violent crimes in the UK during 2011. www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_296191.pdf

There are almost exactly five times as many people in the US as in the UK – 314 million vs. 63 million. The violent crime rate in the UK is 3,100 per 100,000, and in the US it is 380 per 100,000 population.

And Germany has a drastically lower homicide rate with far fewer guns.

You pretty clearly stated this plan. I think it's clear who the stupid one is. That's all in your crazy little head.

Yes, I was clear. And I did not say what you said that I said.

Holy shit liberals are stupid.

Your username ought to be Lack of Brain.

And Germany has a drastically lower homicide rate with far fewer guns.

So what is your plan to get guns out of the hands of criminals other than by arguing that you don't like guns and evading the question?

Gun owners can't even keep from getting their own guns stolen.
Bureau of Justice Statistics Firearms Stolen during Household Burglaries and Other Property Crimes, 2005-2010
Think if you want to be a responsible gun owner you should at least not get your gun stolen. An alarm would much better serve them.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Firearms Stolen during Household Burglaries and Other Property Crimes, 2005-2010
Think if you want to be a responsible gun owner you should at least not get your gun stolen. An alarm would much better serve them.

Pretty close to the number of cars that were stolen. Criminals steal everything, what conclusion do you draw from this exactly?

Pretty close to the number of cars that were stolen. Criminals steal everything, what conclusion do you draw from this exactly?

Well if we want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals this seems like a pretty important fact. 232,400 per year are stolen? I thought people keep these things to avoid being criminalized? Doesn't seem like it could be working very well to me. So gun companies make guns, people buy guns to keep criminals away, criminals then steal these guns from the people, people buy more guns... Quite the circle it is, I bet the NRA doesn't talk about this one.

So I guess if we want to keep guns away from criminals we need to give gun owners an incentive to be more responsible and not lose their guns to criminals. They should probably all invest in security systems and more safes. Of course if they do that they don't really need the gun in the first place do they? hmmmmm

Well if we want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals this seems like a pretty important fact. 232,400 per year are stolen? I thought people keep these things to avoid being criminalized? Doesn't seem like it could be working very well to me. So gun companies make guns, people buy guns to keep criminals away, criminals then steal these guns from the people, people buy more guns... Quite the circle it is, I bet the NRA doesn't talk about this one.

So I guess if we want to keep guns away from criminals we need to give gun owners an incentive to be more responsible and not lose their guns to criminals. They should probably all invest in security systems and more safes. Of course if they do that they don't really need the gun in the first place do they? hmmmmm

My RIGHT to own firearms is not up for debate. And it is an infringement on that right to make security systems a requirement for ownership.

My RIGHT to own firearms is not up for debate. And it is an infringement on that right to make security systems a requirement for ownership.

Isn't it amazing how Dumbocrats can proclaim something a "right" which is not a right (healthcare) and deny things that actually are rights (1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, 5th Amendment, etc.).

Forum List

Back